Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

ANY norCALI MEMBER WANT $200?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015 | 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Default ANY norCALI MEMBER WANT $200?

Hello LS1 tech. My name is John. There is a heavily modified LS1 GTO for sale in Sonora that I am interested in.

I am no stranger to ls1's. I have owned 11 firebirds and 6 camaro's. However, none were modified to this extent. The cam sounds to me like it has solid lifters, it is very aggressive sounding.

The kid selling it is not the guy who built it. He doesn't know the cam spec's, an estimated compression ratio, or a lot of other important information. However, he does have dyno sheets from Synergy.

I would like help identifying key parts. Aftermarket rear ends, maybe some way to tell if the t-56 has been built, things like that.

I would be happy to drive you there and pay you $200. The closer to Sonora the better, but I am coming all the way from the east bay or Sac. As long as you are on the way, I do not mind driving.

Obviously, I would like someone qualified with some type of credentials. Please feel free to email me jospo10s@gmail.com

I would like to go Friday, Saturday, or Sunday... but can work around your schedule. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2015 | 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

I don't see how anyone would be able to tell what it has without digging into the trans or pulling the cam; certainly not just by looking at a dyno sheet; you could easily tell if it has a solid axle swap or if it's still IRS. I'd pass on a car coming from a clueless owner with no idea what mods it has/doesn't have, sounds like a guessing game headache IMO.
Old 08-20-2015 | 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

i would jump over on ls1gto and provide the vin #... you may find some
good info over there.

otherwise, without specs and details, i wouldnt buy it. not with one that
heavily modified.
Old 08-20-2015 | 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

Any chance Synergy might be able to help a bit?

Quick Reply: ANY norCALI MEMBER WANT $200?