Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

odd request (bay area specific)if you have heavy suspension mods. can i drive it for

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default odd request (bay area specific)if you have heavy suspension mods. can i drive it for

kinda odd but i figured id ask.

looking for owners of
F body
camaro or transam
must have suspension work done. ideally springs/shocks/sways/wattslink etc.

Im considering selling my car or going full out on the suspension as mine feels sloppy. I was wondering if its worth it, so i figured it would be better and cheaper to test one out first. to see if it would handle to my liking (after a suspension mods).

vs spending money on parts and not being satisfied and end up selling the car.(end up loosing more money)

the deal would be simple maybe like a small fee of like $50 or something we agree on. i would simply like to see how it feels on onramps and left and right turn etc. nothing crazy fast or pushing to the limit kind of thing. just overall handling. fairly short time maybe 15 min is enough? maybe even shorter. just want to feel what an fbody with suspension work done feels like.

or if your curious about what a turbo fbody feels like we can test drive each others car instead of a fee.
I have a 1998 ws6. turbo 5.3. probably right around 600whp.

anyways if anyone is willing to let me test drive their car please contact me with details on the suspension mods.

ideal combo are:
watts link
konis
stranos springs/bmr
sway strano or alike.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got most of what you're asking for... but bay area is kinda far. I can say its night and day difference from stock.

Mods:
MWC Watts link
Strano ways
Eibach springs with SLP Bilstein shocks
3 piece Founders LCA w/relocation
UMI torque arm
UMI 3 point subframe connectors
All new Moog bushings

Little of everything, the only thing I want to do with my suspension is do the strano springs and Koni sports
Old 03-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Would let you drive it for free if you were closer and the car was smogged lol.
All worthy mods. You can probably do the watts, torque arm last if at all. Personally unless you compete they don't seem worth the trouble to me. Just an opinion though.

If you do the Koni SA shocks (upper perch), springs, front sway and semi aggressive alignment your mind will be blown at the difference. You can get the rear bar as well which will make transitions faster but likely at the expense of traction out of the corners.
I now also use rod ended rear LCA's. Even though they are loud I don't see myself ever going back to anything else. Having no bind powering out of corners gives me a lot of confidence.

My susp mods
Koni SA, Eibach Pro, rod ended LCA, rod ended adj panhard, LCA relocation bracket, 1le swaybar, C5 z06 brakes, HP+ pads, brake cooling ducts (must for road racing). Semi track alignment, Nitto NT01's (amazing tire)
Old 03-11-2016, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alex L.
Would let you drive it for free if you were closer and the car was smogged lol.
All worthy mods. You can probably do the watts, torque arm last if at all. Personally unless you compete they don't seem worth the trouble to me. Just an opinion though.

If you do the Koni SA shocks (upper perch), springs, front sway and semi aggressive alignment your mind will be blown at the difference. You can get the rear bar as well which will make transitions faster but likely at the expense of traction out of the corners.
I now also use rod ended rear LCA's. Even though they are loud I don't see myself ever going back to anything else. Having no bind powering out of corners gives me a lot of confidence.

My susp mods
Koni SA, Eibach Pro, rod ended LCA, rod ended adj panhard, LCA relocation bracket, 1le swaybar, C5 z06 brakes, HP+ pads, brake cooling ducts (must for road racing). Semi track alignment, Nitto NT01's (amazing tire)
I'd like to take you up on that offer C5 brakes and brake cooling ducts are on my list soon as well... since I've been warping off my wheel centercaps from getting the wheels too hot.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:46 AM
Launching!

Darn why do both of you guys have to be on the same area lol

How do they compare to other vehicle? Have you guys driven an e46 bmw?
Or what kind of car is it comparable?
Old 03-13-2016, 03:20 AM
Launching!

You're welcome to drive it once I can get it smogged. I can't say I am an expert but any bmw will feel very different then our cars and in a very good way. Steering feel is sharp and cannot be compared. The chassy is super stable. Car is generally quicker and crisper. Having said all that on a road course if you can stomach the sloppyness the car (modified of course) will do great against most bmw's and cars in general. Big sticky tires help a lot and a good torsen as well. I have the stock posi and it's pretty much worthless coming out of corners. Of course I say that pushing 400+ rwh, that makes up for a lot of issues
Old 03-15-2016, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alex L.
You're welcome to drive it once I can get it smogged. I can't say I am an expert but any bmw will feel very different then our cars and in a very good way. Steering feel is sharp and cannot be compared. The chassy is super stable. Car is generally quicker and crisper. Having said all that on a road course if you can stomach the sloppyness the car (modified of course) will do great against most bmw's and cars in general. Big sticky tires help a lot and a good torsen as well. I have the stock posi and it's pretty much worthless coming out of corners. Of course I say that pushing 400+ rwh, that makes up for a lot of issues
Sweet! let me know. My transmission is out right now and my buddy and I are going to be rebuilding it this weekend but once that is done and your smogged we can meet up.

Quick Reply: odd request (bay area specific)if you have heavy suspension mods. can i drive it for