Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Colorado Peeps?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Colorado Peeps?

Hey guys, I'm serious about moving to Colorado, but not sure what part of it, yet. I'm just looking to make new friends and bring my 2010 SS with me.

I just want to get general impressions about the racing scene, clubs, tuners, emissions, and tracks.

Other quality of life comments are welcomed too.

Thank you!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

I live down in Colorado Springs.

I moved out here about 4 years ago from Alabama and love ite. The weather is awesome, the people are great, and there's a ton of outdoor activities.

Personally, I don't like big city living, so I wouldn't consider the Denver area for myself. In fact, if I had my way I'd live in a smaller town than I do.

The Car scene is alive and well here, with a couple decent drag strips and a road course near by. There are various events often (drift, auto-x, rally etc) and a bunch of decent local tuners and dynos.

I do offroad racing, and there's a bunch of fun off-road trails as well as a few parks such as RAM and CORE nearby.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrtoffroad
I live down in Colorado Springs.

I moved out here about 4 years ago from Alabama and love ite. The weather is awesome, the people are great, and there's a ton of outdoor activities.

Personally, I don't like big city living, so I wouldn't consider the Denver area for myself. In fact, if I had my way I'd live in a smaller town than I do.

The Car scene is alive and well here, with a couple decent drag strips and a road course near by. There are various events often (drift, auto-x, rally etc) and a bunch of decent local tuners and dynos.

I do offroad racing, and there's a bunch of fun off-road trails as well as a few parks such as RAM and CORE nearby.
Wow, awesome bro!! Thank you so much. 'Very cool of you to come forward. I don't know anyone there. But after months of research, CoS is my main target. Plus, I watch Joe Kenda every night, lol.

I'm gonna PM you as well, and thanks once again. I can't wait to run my 2010 SS. There are no strips here in Marysville, WA.
Attached Thumbnails Colorado Peeps?-hemi-.jpeg  
Old 05-10-2017, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

I'm at 7 o'clock, Barry is at 2 o'clock.

My new ride: 2010 SS
Old 10-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Anywhere where emissions aren’t done!... Colorado Springs is cool! My stepkid goes to college there and loves it! Me, I live in Denver and only thing that sucks is emissions!��
Old 10-09-2017, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I lived in a couple of places in CO when I was a kid. Leadville and Lakewood. Dream about going back so I'd be interested too. Not much family out there any more. Just spent a week with my G-mother in Canon City. Awesome but finding work in my field would be tough. I'm a CFO for a manufacturing company.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Default Just Pulled the Trigger

I'm going to be living in Ft. Collins beginning 10/25. I'm finally getting out of the shithole of the world, Marysville WA. I'm looking to also drop in a supercharger, so I am looking for a reputable tuner in that area of CO.

I'm shooting for 700 rwhp.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

S, I'd be happy to be in WA. Anywhere with less people.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah dude, I'm not into overcrowding or overpopulation. The world's problems are 80% a consequence of just too many damn people.

I didn't have kids. So I did my part

Quick Reply: Colorado Peeps?