Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Attention: If Don Lee's or Strictly Performance has done work on your car need advise

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of two different cases of things not going correctly at L.A.P.D. So far they are the only ones in the SFV that I know of that have a dyno. I am going to see how far off Rob is from getting his Dyno from DynoJet.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be great. A&A Corvette down here in Oxnard has a dyno, but the guy is always so busy. I was going to have him do my car, but he had around 20-25 Corvettes waiting to have work done on them. Hopefully somebody will have a dyno ready.......I will need to tune my car!!!!!
Old 02-08-2005, 12:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ttt... I am getting ready do do the heads and cam in about 1 month.
So far I am leaning towards Strictly performance. Robert seems great and how can you beat $3,500 for the heads and cam install with tune and everything out the door. Don lee's is $3,800 with tax and doesnt include tune.
So I would still apperciate hearing from more of you.
Thanks to everyone that has left input or PM'ed me.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Rob Barth did mostly everything on my wife's race car. He put his 'special' heads and cam on our car, as well as a lot of weight reduction, BMR K-member, Wolfe Drag Bar and a 10-point cage install. It was at his shop for about a month, but at no fault of his own, we were awaiting parts from vendors and upon my finances. Rob has taken good care of us as well as his other clients. I witnessed this first hand when I would visit to drop off items. Many cars came in for either a catback install, or suspension mods and they would be done the same day as they arrived. He has some long term projects in his shop as well, people who can be without there car for a while and don't mind, like us with our race car. His prices and cutomer service are incredible, he doesn't go home until he is done.

Mind you, I am not saying DLA is not good, just stating the facts that I know. I have not dealt with DLA, but I know Rob Cowlings over there and he is a great guy.
Where is Strictly Performance. Do you have a phone number?
Old 02-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up Strictly Performance Motorsports

Address:

15703 Saticoy St
Van Nuys CA 91406

818-342-5693 office
818-262-7409 cell

Was just there on Sat. Rob is a cool guy!
Old 02-21-2005, 05:50 AM
On The Tree

Another vote for Don Lee..

These guys work unbelievably fast and their work is TOP NOTCH. I brought my car up on a Thursday morning at 7:30AM for a cam install and they were done by lunch.. this includes taking a break to eat and waiting about 30 minutes for a belt because I didnt get a new one for the crank pulley.

They're prices are also extremely good compared to what other shops and dealers ask.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Default Thumbs up for Don Lee

I just got my 98 SS back from Don Lee. Had a 383 stroker done. It it awesome!!! Tim & the guys over at Don Lee's did a great job. They were extremely patient with me for the time they had it. Tim is a guy who knows his stuff and loves to makes cars faster. He recommend items you need & discourages you from unneccesary items. I drove my car back from his shop, 2 hours, without noticing anything but a lot more power. Car drives great, feels great, & sounds awesome. He will definitely get my business again. I highly recommend him.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:27 AM
On The Tree

i plan on taking my car to get stalled with a vig3200, shift kit, and trans cooler. i called DLA the other day and they told me that a shift kit is not needed and a hastle... is this true? i hear al the time on this forum that shift kit is needed, but they said its un needed. btw he quoted me 375. any opinions?
Old 04-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Question

I see this post is old,has anyone had anything done there recently? I heard that one or two of the guys that were there have moved on? Any body have any work done at Don Lee Auto Recently?
Old 04-08-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

Wow how did this come back to life.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man, just make a new thread about it. This is over a year old.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Launching!

don lee did my header install in one day....they dont bs around at all. I was very happy with their work... I have only dealt with strictly performance once and his pricing scared me away...
Old 04-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Launching!

DLA installed my cam, 12 bolt, and Spec III. Cam swap was done in 1/2 a day, and the rear/clutch was completed in a day as well. They are fast, reliable, and do good work. The only issue I've delt with is a oil leak after the cam swap that's never gone away. Took it back there to get fixed and it is still there. I think it's the gasket around the timing cover (just a guess).
Old 04-12-2006, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

strictly is good but be prepared to to pay my wallet still hurts!!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Any advantage of going with DLA vs Strictly for head/cam install if you plan on tuning afterwards? Neither guys has dyno tuning but Rob @ Strictly charges tuning at another dyno shop...
Old 06-26-2006, 03:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1z01
Any advantage of going with DLA vs Strictly for head/cam install if you plan on tuning afterwards? Neither guys has dyno tuning but Rob @ Strictly charges tuning at another dyno shop...
....just to clairafy what you mean by this post...I do all the tuning (MY SELF ) at another dyno ....just because youre post looks alittle confusing
like i charge for tuning and do not personally do the tune..
Old 06-26-2006, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by myws6istheshiznit
strictly is good but be prepared to to pay my wallet still hurts!!
I do not know how any body can charge less than $400 for a dyno tune boost application and tune twice ...once on pump gas and once on race gas...but if you can more power to you ..i can not hate on that ..hell if i knew some one that would tune it for that and knew what they were doing i would let them tune all my cars...
Old 06-26-2006, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ROB55
....just to clairafy what you mean by this post...I do all the tuning (MY SELF ) at another dyno ....just because youre post looks alittle confusing
like i charge for tuning and do not personally do the tune..
Hey Rob, didn't mean to confuse anyone.....

I'm still looking for a dyno place to tune that does it on the weekends? The place you recommended doesn't open on the weekends since the distance to your place is a factor to pickup and drop off the car. I'll keep you posted.

The heads/cam should be coming in by next week... TSP is kinda backed up and they told me they should be able to ship out the heads/cam by this week.

Last edited by ls1z01; 06-26-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1z01
Hey Rob, didn't mean to confuse anyone.....

I'm still looking for a dyno place to tune that does it on the weekends? The place you recommended doesn't open on the weekends since the distance to your place is a factor to pickup and drop off the car. I'll keep you posted.

The heads/cam should be coming in by next week... TSP is kinda backed up and they told me they should be able to ship out the heads/cam by this week.
no problem I just did not want people to get the wrong idea....
Old 06-26-2006, 06:02 PM
FormerVendor

I do have access to granatelli motorsports on the week end if nec...let me know if that works for you......ROB

Quick Reply: Attention: If Don Lee's or Strictly Performance has done work on your car need advise