Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Gas Prices a little something that we could do

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005 | 12:42 AM
8 Second Club

Default Gas Prices a little something that we could do

I received this in an Email send this to as many as possible.

Subject: GAS
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR behind " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
Old 04-14-2005 | 01:55 AM
13 Second Truck Club

From: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

*sigh*
We've done this before. It was even on the local news reminding people to not buy gas a certain day. It didn't work, but maybe because not everyone did it...I saw people filling up the "no gas day" so whatever. I still don't think it'll work but I won't fill up that day regardless.
Old 04-14-2005 | 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

It won't work because you eventually have to make up for the day you didn't get gas. It ends up a wash. In the end it doesn't cost the gas companies any profit, because we will have to make up for that one day of no gas on another day.
Old 04-14-2005 | 10:41 PM
Launching!

wow Red, that is really a different way to look at it uh , anyways ill do my part in this lil battle and ill spread the word......even if it doesn't do any good
Old 04-15-2005 | 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

This has been tried many different times before and it just doesn't work. Who cares if we don't fill up on May 19th. We'll have to fill up on May 18th or May 20th. Reguardless, they will sell us the same amount of gasoline, just on a different day. It is a worthless protest.
Old 04-18-2005 | 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Its true. It doesnt make a difference and its been tried a bunch of times before. Its President Bush making us put corn ethanol in our gas.
Old 04-21-2005 | 10:36 AM
On The Tree

This works about as well as those emails that Microsoft tracks and sends you money for forwarding.
Old 04-27-2005 | 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

all points in this are true... but if you read the yearly profit margins of oil companies
**example
exxon 03 year.. profit made 21.51 BILLION profit.. thats a net jump of 30% OVER 02 profit, which is a world record.. 04 profit has exceeded this, but i do not have the figures yet..

(profit, amount made AFTER all bills, over head and salaries are paid) basically money in the bank to sit on....

so let me get this straight.. there is a gas shortage.. but yet they made 300% MORE PROFIT in the last year?? riiiight.. OPEC is the one we should be waging war against. they are a cartel that just gets together and decided how much they think the world should pay for gas.. then reap in all the profit.. they dont care about the world economy and how it will effect everything else..

bottom line is.. if gas goes up.. so does the cost of living(shipping food, clothing, travel, ect)

they think we americans and our wealth can afford it.. and they're going to stick it to us as much as they can.. OPEC should be outlawed by the UN.. its basically a huge cartel that holds the world hostage because they supply all the gas

(for more info on OPEC, google search it) its offcial name "The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries"

funny fact.. anyone notice that since president Bushes speach after 9/11 that gas prices have slowly risen up and up?? (i support our president by the way) its because in his speach he wanted to take attack an arab world.. gee who controls oil? Saudi's, Iraqies, Iranians, Kuwaities, United Arab Emerates, Qatar Lybia, Indonesia, Algeria... wow, funny they all these countries dislike westerners to begin with...and then they didnt like that speach, or any here after.. so they cut back production and blamed it on " refineries need maintanence"

when you research just what goes on in the world.. things become a little more clear.

***post note(im not a liberal or belong to any party, im just a well educated person who has researched all this on my own time and free will, i encourage you all to do the same)

Last edited by KiLLJ0Y92Z28; 04-27-2005 at 12:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Gas Prices a little something that we could do