12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlpLS1
and.. texas has the best women.. by far az doesnt compair
No need for that. I'm happily married.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to agree with AZ Power and Sound for anything!!
Old 06-15-2005, 04:35 AM
Launching!

Maybe I just look at things different. I look at paying professionals what they deserve. I've read tons of posts about people doing stuff themselves and it costs them ten times more in the long run. Ok if your a mechanic then theres not a issue. But a car nut like me doesn't mind paying extra to get it done right. Ive never had any issues with automasters. My cars when I pick them up work 100% Ive spent over 5K (and still going) with them and am super happy. Trust me I dont mean to sound rude, or argue. Thats not my thing. I just don't mind paying pros to do their thing. If you have a garage and not a shop of course you can do it cheaper. You have no employees to pay, light bills, insurance, equipment upgrades, phone, etc etc etc etc. I guess I see it different owning a "shop" myself. Instead of being a pro mechanic I'm a real good electronics tech. I understand it takes profit to keep the lights on.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SlpLS1
ya u have to pay to play.. exactly.. but u dont want to get raped.. ****.. either go to AZ power and sound.. or **** id even do it for u.. ive done 2 cam ls1 swaps... and 1 full 383 build lt1.. + other ****.. but i have a garage not a shop..
you get what you pay for.. EVERYONE at AZ automasters is an ASE master tech. on top of that, they specialize in 3rd and 4th gen fbodies and C4 and C5 vettes. so you know your car is being worked on by someone who knows what they're doing. and they stand by their work.
the first time i ever went there, i had my 97 V6 bird back in maybe 2000 or so, and i wanted to put some headers on it. unfortunately i bought RKsport headers, which are pieces of crap. the flanges were very poorly done. automasters installed them, and needless to say they leaked. so i took them back. they did something to try and fix it, but it didn't work. anyway, after a couple of tries, trying to flatten out the flanges a bit and some other stuff, they finally made it right. it clearly wasn't their fault, they obviously know how to do a simple header install, the headers were just very poorly made. but they stood by their work, even though i was a first-time customer. they never gave me the least bit of grief about it either. because of that, i'll always take my car there.

edit: since the header situation, every other thing i've had done there from mod installs to repairs has worked out perfectly.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Buceman
Check out AZFBA for the Phx. club
www.azfba.com
Buce and I are in Tucson...you can always take a cruise with our group sometime......
Old 06-16-2005, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bbfirebird
you get what you pay for.. EVERYONE at AZ automasters is an ASE master tech. on top of that, they specialize in 3rd and 4th gen fbodies and C4 and C5 vettes. so you know your car is being worked on by someone who knows what they're doing.
There are certainly times when it is worth the money to get it done RIGHT. Witness my true duals: about 30 rwhp gain for switching from merlin 2.5" to Speed Inc 3" dumps.

I will keep AZ automasters in mind.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CORNFED
Buce and I are in Tucson...you can always take a cruise with our group sometime......
Thank you sir.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Launching!

Mind if I hook up with you guys sometime? In my town nobody has anything going on with LS1s. I wanted to drive with someone who has a stall. I have a street car, I never ever race it, or bring it to the track. I can't see driving with a stall on the street, but want to see how it feels. Someone in tucson has got to have a mild stall I can check out?? My cars at automasters right now getting a cam. Then its off to the guy to build me a custom scoop, then a paint job. One day I'll be able to drive it, and when I do maybe I can take it to tucson?
Old 06-21-2005, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by radio626active
Mind if I hook up with you guys sometime? In my town nobody has anything going on with LS1s. I wanted to drive with someone who has a stall. I have a street car, I never ever race it, or bring it to the track. I can't see driving with a stall on the street, but want to see how it feels. Someone in tucson has got to have a mild stall I can check out?? My cars at automasters right now getting a cam. Then its off to the guy to build me a custom scoop, then a paint job. One day I'll be able to drive it, and when I do maybe I can take it to tucson?

We have a good group in Tucson.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Banned

hey guys, i know this is an old post... but i found it lol. im located in peoria, 91st and peoria to be exact. anyways, ya ive got a 98 NBM ta that i take out most fridays and saturdays to 43rd and bell, aka ramiros. yes alot of imports, that just means more cars to pick on! haha! but on the checker side is mostly 5.0's and occasionally a few F bodies. ive got a couple guys in F bodies that cruise with me as well, so if anybody wants to meet up, let me know! we could get something started!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 150shotWS6
When I get outta College I wanna move down to AZ! Heard a lot a hot females down there! Wonder if the street race scene is big(since it is mostly open country?)...anyway I just know it is hot and better than colorado!
I know it's hot too, lived there for 11 years after growing up in the High Desert above Palm Springs. Just wait until the 90th or 100th day in a year above 100 degrees and see how much you like it then.....

As for open country, yes it's still there....if you drive 30-40 miles some direction. Phoenix had the highest growth rate of any city in the U.S. from 1990 to 2000, and hasn't slowed down yet.

On the good side though, your car will have more power down there!

Quick Reply: Moving to Phoenix, AZ...