Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Check Out My New Under-Hood Bling!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005 | 05:21 PM
Launching!

Cool Check Out My New Under-Hood Bling!

A HUGE thanks to Rob Barth at Strictly Performance in Van Nuys for being such a great help. Finally getting my car together has been a "bumpy ride" (to say the least.) Rob hauled his *** all the way down here to southern San Diego (a 4+hour drive each way ) not just once, but TWICE in the past month! Now that is serious dedication to what he is doing. I have never been the type to "take" my car anywhere for anything... I just lack the trust. But if you are going to take your car anywhere, I highly recommend Strictly.

Now about the car:

Installed:
Force Fed High Performance LQ9 (6.0l) 72cc heads
Vortech V-9 SQ G-Trim supercharger
"Pullied down" to a 2.75" pulley to make up for the huge drop in compression with the heads.
Custom tunning required.

Results:
Right now, 517hp and 458lbs/ft torque to the wheels on Extreme's Dynapack. Even with the 2.75" pulley the motor is barely seeing 10psi of boost. These numbers are with extremely conservative tunning, through JBA's, with the stock cats. The car will have no trouble passing smog and should (hopefully) stay together for a while. Though it's not the most impressive HP number out there, it starts to spool up boost a little over 2k rpm and builds up to it's full 10lbs really quick... Makes for a fun daily driver! There is plenty of room to go down to the 2.5" pulley. That should put me somewhere between 530-550hp and still keep it fairly conservative and smog-able. I might do that at some point down the road... We'll see . But right now I just want to enjoy driving the car a bit.
Old 07-05-2005 | 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice!! enjoy it!
Old 07-05-2005 | 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

****** bad ***
Old 07-05-2005 | 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Looks great!
Old 07-05-2005 | 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

looks damn good.........
Old 07-06-2005 | 12:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackHawk
A HUGE thanks to Rob Barth at Strictly Performance in Van Nuys for being such a great help. Finally getting my car together has been a "bumpy ride" (to say the least.) Rob hauled his *** all the way down here to southern San Diego (a 4+hour drive each way ) not just once, but TWICE in the past month! Now that is serious dedication to what he is doing. I have never been the type to "take" my car anywhere for anything... I just lack the trust. But if you are going to take your car anywhere, I highly recommend Strictly.

Installed:
Force Fed High Performance LQ9 (6.0l) 72cc heads
Vortech V-9 SQ G-Trim supercharger
"Pullied down" to a 2.75" pulley to make up for the huge drop in compression with the heads.
Custom tunning required.

Results:
Right now, 517hp and 458lbs/ft torque to the wheels on Extreme's Dynapack. Even with the 2.75" pulley the motor is barely seeing 10psi of boost. These numbers are with extremely conservative tunning, through JBA's, with the stock cats. The car will have no trouble passing smog and should (hopefully) stay together for a while. Though it's not the most impressive HP number out there, it starts to spool up boost a little over 2k rpm and builds up to it's full 10lbs really quick... Makes for a fun daily driver! There is plenty of room to go down to the 2.5" pulley. That should put me somewhere between 530-550hp and still keep it fairly conservative and smog-able. I might do that at some point down the road... We'll see . But right now I just want to enjoy driving the car a bit.

Looks great man. I believe that I was there when you and Rob came back from the dyno with this car. I was there picking up my black '02 SS (heads/cam car). Glad to see its up and running. And yes, Rob does great work out there, he's done all the work on my car so far as well. Probably going with a supercharger this fall.
Old 07-06-2005 | 05:21 AM
Launching!

That looks sweet. Looks like a very clean install.
Old 07-06-2005 | 11:08 AM
Launching!

Thanks All!

Hey Vilkata,
Were you the guy with the centermount exhaust that I said you car "idled" better than mine?
That was after the first entire day at the Dyno. We had a few issues that needed to be ironed out after that day. It's running much better now.

Last edited by BlackHawk; 07-06-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2005 | 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackHawk
Thanks All!

Hey Vilkata,
Were you the guy with the centermount exhaust that I said you car "idled" better than mine?
That was after the first entire day at the Dyno. We had a few issues that needed to be ironed out after that day. It's running much better now.

That would be me. Glad to hear its running better. I'll probably be doing my supercharger this fall.
Old 07-06-2005 | 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow man, that's awesome. Hope you enjoy it! I plan to one day get a mean charger like that. Have fun!
Old 07-12-2005 | 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good! Have Fun and Enjoy!
Old 07-12-2005 | 04:58 AM
On The Tree

****** badass mang!
Old 07-12-2005 | 10:24 PM
On The Tree

sweet ride! I know how you feel not trusting you car in a shop....
Old 07-15-2005 | 11:55 AM
TMF
On The Tree

nice install, looks like some good work

Quick Reply: Check Out My New Under-Hood Bling!