Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Front plates in CA

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005 | 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

it all depends on the cop.... if heard of people getting a ticket for that even while they were parked.
Old 07-21-2005 | 03:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

samewith 1fastbird. Cops arent usually ********* about the front plates. And if they are, it's usually a civic or teg would be the one pulled over. I dont know why, maybe they just like our cars better? =)
Old 07-21-2005 | 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well thanks for the input guys. I've been pulled over twice here in NH w/o having my plate in the past 2-3 weeks. I never got cited for it. They just said, yeah, I know its a bitch, but you need to get one on here...

I have never delt with a parking cop in my whole life. I don't think New Hampshire even funds them.
Old 07-21-2005 | 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

What part of CALI are you moveing to.
Old 07-21-2005 | 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

In LA city if you park on the street, especially at night, be prepared to get a citation. My son would park the camaro at his gf's and almost every night he was there, boom, ticket in the morning. AND, once they've cited you multiple times they will keep looking for your car, its easy money for them!!
my .02
Good luck!
Old 07-21-2005 | 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm moiving about an hour outside of Sacramento...Granite Bay is the area I'm leaning on right now.
Old 07-22-2005 | 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

I was pulled over sometime last year while meeting with IMMORTALS and cruising to Santa Monica. The cop that pulled me over was a female officer, she was going to cite me but gave me a warning because I am military (as she was too). Everyone waited for me 15 minutes, and we a great time at Yankee Doodles after.
Old 07-22-2005 | 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I drive the toll-roads 5 days a week and have had real strange experiences.

I got the SS from S Dakota and on the day that I traded plates with the DMV, I got pulled over. I was on my way home to screw on the new plates and had taken the old plates off that morning. CHP pulled me over 'cause I was in the transponder lanes and he thought I was evading a toll. I showed him the new plates and he let me go.

Two years later, the same f'n CHP pulled me over when I was driving a new Mazda3, no plates with temp ID in window. Even thought the car was brand spakin' new, he gave me a ticket. Long story short... I embarrased his *** in court big time.

1 out of 100 cars going through the transponder lanes on the toll road do not have transponders. So, the toll road authority pays CHP to patrol the area and pull over "suspecious" vehicles. Those without plates and those without a visible transponder in the window.

That being said, I do not have a front plate on the SS and the transponder is not visible. However, I have yet to be pulled over since the first time. The CHP patrols my stretch of HWY frequenty and always looks at my car. Guess they like f-bodies.
Old 07-22-2005 | 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

well, technically, you don't have to have front plates on a car that doesn't lend itself to them. And from where I'm lookin at, no Fbody lends itself to a front plate. My dad was ticketed for the same thing in his 95 V6 Camaro... but it was the only BS reason the cop could find to pull him over.
Old 07-22-2005 | 04:38 PM
Teching In

Put it behind the glass. My insurance was nice enough to even send me a suction cup license plate holder, no rattles. Also with camaro's firebird's and vette's (with license plate by drivers side behind glass) we just meet the state maximum display height. So you can explain to the officer that there is no room to mount it and that it is legal behind the glass because it meets the height requirement.
Old 07-22-2005 | 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTObsessor
well, technically, you don't have to have front plates on a car that doesn't lend itself to them.
You're kidding, right??

Quick Reply: Front plates in CA