Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

hawaiin members...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 01:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hawaiin members...

I need some help guys, my wife is going to be PCSing to hawaii's schofield barracks, on oahu I think. I was just wondering how the salt will affect the car, and about shipping the car from the mainland. My car has a very custom hood (the bird in my sig is airbrushed on my hood) and I dont want it getting messed up at all and I also have a drop so I'm concerned about bottoming it out as they go up ramps and such. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 09-26-2005, 04:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just have it shipped in a sealed container. If you go to shipmyvehicle.com, there's a special rate going on. I bought a Fiero from Washington, and had it shipped in a sealed container for $899 through Horizon Lines. There is an additional handling fee if your car is less than 6inches from the ground (ie very lowered), but other than that, IMO it should be ok.
The salt issue isn't a big one, as long as you wash and wax, and besides, Schofield is more inland. I'd be more worried if I parked my car like right on the beach around say, Kailua or even Waianae.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Junkie

damn that's a lot of cash, there goes my exhaust money