Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

fast Fbody

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should make the California Speedway NASA event next year and one of the Willow Springs NASA events. You can try to chase me there if you want, since you're a hardcore racer and all that. Drag racing is all about the car, wanna see if you have any skill?

www.nasaproracing.com

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
Bunch of scary people who won't race... New "Racer" low point... This is my last post here. At least if someone told me they had a buddy I could race I would do it. What evere happened to having ***** when racing...
Old 11-02-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bunch of scary people who won't race... New "Racer" low point... This is my last post here. At least if someone told me they had a buddy I could race I would do it. What evere happened to having ***** when racing...
THIS SHOULDN'T BE YOUR LAST POST MAN!!!!!!!! IT'S ALL ***** AND GIGGLES!!!!!! HAVE FUN AND RACE WHO AND WHEN YOU WANT!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

Why can't you come out and race? Qualcomm is running on the 18th of this month. I'll race you if you want.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bombguy99z28
Drag racing is all about the car
Not sure I completely agree with that statement.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, about 90% car... Most hard core drag racers are running some sort of automatic. All the driver does is 60' and cut a light. Well, do a good burnout too.

Now those that actually bang gears, yeah, you can see several tenths difference due to driver skill. But they only go so fast. There are very very few really fast stick cars, and I don't call clutchless upshift jerichos a true stick car. A couple 9 second ones I've heard of, but I think all of them eventually switched to an automatic setup.

Now, don't get me wrong, I loved drag racing at Carlsbad, put about 500 passes on my camaro there back in the day. It was fun, and no one knew what an LS1 was back then and everyone was stunned that a car could run in the 12's with just a cutout and airbox. Who ever thought you could run mid 11s essentially stock with a bottle on a crappy track.

To me drag racing is dead. I go to the Q to hang out, but I drive 6 spd cars, and they aren't 8th mile cars, no matter how you cut it. There is no way a 6 spd can hang with a stalled auto in the 8th unless they have a sizeable power advantage. Its a money game, I figured if I was going to spend the money I'd rather do laps than push the gas down for 11 seconds.

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Not sure I completely agree with that statement.

Last edited by Bombguy99z28; 11-03-2005 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Launching!

I loved drag racing at Carlsbad, put about 500 passes on my camaro there back in the day. It was fun, and no one knew what an LS1 was back then and everyone was stunned that a car could run in the 12's with just a cutout and airbox. Who ever thought you could run mid 11s essentially stock with a bottle on a crappy track.
Sniff... sniff... I miss Cbad.

I work right on Poinsettia now. The street where you would line up in the morning to get in. I have to see the construction site every day. The gully where the track used to be is completely filled in now. Pisses me off.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by aram
Why can't you come out and race? Qualcomm is running on the 18th of this month. I'll race you if you want.

I will and quote me on this... I will race anyone. Don't mean I will win. I still like to drive my car. I don't want it sitting up on racks and **** when I just want to go out and cruise. Did the race car thing, now I want a quick daily driver. AND it does not have to be your car. I will race you in whatever. I'm in it for the sport. A win is a win, a loss is a loss, Adrenaline makes you feel good...
Old 11-05-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

I will and quote me on this... I will race anyone. Don't mean I will win. I still like to drive my car. I don't want it sitting up on racks and **** when I just want to go out and cruise. Did the race car thing, now I want a quick daily driver. AND it does not have to be your car. I will race you in whatever. I'm in it for the sport. A win is a win, a loss is a loss, Adrenaline makes you feel good...
Sounds good.. qualcomm is on the 18th. I have a Red 1991 RX7 that I daily drive, walk up and say hi if you see me there.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Where is Qualcomm?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

www.racelegal.com
Old 11-05-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

**** that looks fun. If time permits I will see you there. Friday night and a 2 hour drive on the freeways here aren't exactly forgiving.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you are driving that far to race, try to get in early. I think tech opens around 5 or 6. They start bracket racing around 8, so if you want to get a few runs in on the good lanes you need to get in and through tech early. Don't race in the right lanes.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

If you are driving that far to race, try to get in early. I think tech opens around 5 or 6. They start bracket racing around 8, so if you want to get a few runs in on the good lanes you need to get in and through tech early. Don't race in the right lanes.

Wish it were that easy. I work in IT so my schedule varies. I will have to plan a vacation day or something.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** that looks fun. If time permits I will see you there. Friday night and a 2 hour drive on the freeways here aren't exactly forgiving.
yah....I did that on the 28th.....I live in alhambra..and didn't leave until 11:45-12:15 just make sure you have a passenger....so you wont fall asleep

Quick Reply: fast Fbody