Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Phoenix F-bodies!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bad71
when they got to the exhuast shop the guy asked why the headers were facing the radiator?

he thought they were missing the turbos!!
LOL!! I hate when that happens...
Old 01-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2002covtz28
hey josh how was that loud ride home, are you deaf yet,lol, sounded mean as hell though
Wow i fixed my internet...anyway, the ride wasn't too bad...The noise kept me awake for the most part, and i had my grandfather pick me up at a parking lot because i didn't want to wake up the whole neighborhood at 5am...

anyway, as far as these headers go, the power is a huge improvement...Can really feel the torque start earlier and it pulls so much harder now...And the fitment is great, once you get the car 2 feet off the ground...I definitely recommend them to anyone...And no code yet
Old 01-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Banned

hey what time did you guys finish on friday??? i still need to pick up those jackstands from ruben lol

well me and joey started his car around 10pm last night, worked till about 6am, then we just couldnt take it, we were freezing to death and tired as hell... it was easy getting everything out, but once we started putting things back together, thats when it started to get frustrating. so we went to bed at 6am, not done and woke up at 1pm and finished... it took us a long time cuz we had to custom make a ORY cuz all the muffler shops were closed, and we had to fab up some other stuff as well... so i dont think ill be doing mine tomorrow, to risky seeing its sunday and i need my car for monday, and i cant take the risk of not finishing or breaking something.

so now i have to wait a WHOLE freakin nother week to get mine in... and josh, who WOULDNT recommend QTP's to anyone?? lol they are the best of the best... i got the mids lookin mighty fine today, they are nice and shiny, i like to call them my "mini qtp's" hahaha
Old 01-29-2006, 01:55 AM
Banned

we didn't finish until like 330am...After we ate, went back for food they forgot, and other horseshit...But we definitely needed the jackstands, had all 4 maxed out and then the jack on the K member with the block of wood...Had to lift it up a good 15" off the ground past the stands in front for the drivers side header to go in...The passenger went in without even touching anything...The driver just had to go in a certain way, next time we do it we will know exactly...

and i still don't understand how you guys think 50 degrees is cold...
Old 01-29-2006, 02:17 AM
11 Second Club

As of tonight I have a truck that runs 15.120 @ 88.7 mph. Not too bad, definitly not the same as the car.

Jeff- when can i use your mig welder?
Blaze- I got a 2 step that needs a home. Let me know
Old 01-29-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

jeese you guys stayed up alll night??

damn... i got my exhaust on though it sounds bad *** just the Y pipe now leaks....i need to get those 2 1/2 inch donuts for the headers to y pipe hah
Old 01-29-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Id like to say that this has been the worst weekend ever. lol

That was probably the most frustrating install i have ever set my hands on. Laying on gregs cold garage floor, oil leaking all over me, shivering trying to get that gay driver sider header to snug up nicely.

Well its finally done, and my car sounds mean. I love it. Big noticeable gain.

Thanks to gregs dad dave, he saved the day, seeing that no muffler shop was open he was able to make me my own (removeable) custom off road y - pipe. This saved me from taking off work on monday and having to drive to a muffler shop, open headers. (mind you, we did start the car open headers, lets just say that greg, even being upstairs and in the shower, said the floor beneath him was shaking)

All in all it was pretty sweet, now we cant wait until next week and do it all over again on gregs car!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by silver98formula
As of tonight I have a truck that runs 15.120 @ 88.7 mph. Not too bad, definitly not the same as the car.

Jeff- when can i use your mig welder?
Blaze- I got a 2 step that needs a home. Let me know
well i have afew things to tkae care of right now and wont have the cash for a while. so if u want to list it for sale then go for it. If u still have it when i have the cash i will let u know.

-Blaze
Old 01-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ReD95LT1
Id like to say that this has been the worst weekend ever. lol

That was probably the most frustrating install i have ever set my hands on. Laying on gregs cold garage floor, oil leaking all over me, shivering trying to get that gay driver sider header to snug up nicely.

Well its finally done, and my car sounds mean. I love it. Big noticeable gain.

Thanks to gregs dad dave, he saved the day, seeing that no muffler shop was open he was able to make me my own (removeable) custom off road y - pipe. This saved me from taking off work on monday and having to drive to a muffler shop, open headers. (mind you, we did start the car open headers, lets just say that greg, even being upstairs and in the shower, said the floor beneath him was shaking)

All in all it was pretty sweet, now we cant wait until next week and do it all over again on gregs car!
yeah those LT1's are a bitch...you should just keep yours open headers and be cool like me...
Old 01-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Banned

lol geez the worst part was at 6am on sat. morning, you could see your breathe in my garage, it was freezing...

but ya, im kinda pissed off mine wont be done this weekend, everybody at work is expecting me to have headers tomorrow lol... but i think ill start mine friday night, get everything off and ready for the new headers to go in, and then go to bed, (staying up all night ruined the schedule the next day) and then wake up at like 7am on sat. and install everything...
Old 01-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Banned

also joey, you might want to wrap those headers in some sort of heat wrap, they are awefully close to the ignition wires, and those fuel lines.

also, now we still have to install those taylor wires, and motor mounts, and cutout hahahah
Old 01-29-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, i wont be driving it today so first thing tomorrow, i am taking it to pro muffler have them make me a SINGLE catted y pipe.

(im still going to use your dads ORY for special days )

Also have them weld in the cutout, ill wire it up tomorrow as well as get some heat wrap for them headers, and also go buy a new water temp sensor lol.

Oh yeah it seemed like everywhere i went last night i encoutered a tuffy it was sweet. Came to a light next to this older z28. kid was being a hardcore tuffy staring and everything, kept inching up to the light waiting for it to hit green, turns green he takes off i go, but slowly, he thinks he is tuff until i lay into it and scream past him. he looks over as i pass him and carissa laughs at him , he had to feel like an idiot.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah we were tired or i would have figured out how to get that driver side qtp header in josh's car sooner, we even removed the air system. now that i know they will be so easy to install wen i order them for mine, yeah your welcome chris and josh for all the hard work.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

yeah you did do a ton of work...next time i'm down, i'll buy you something nice...Or dinner or some damn thing...Your small hands came in handy, thanks alot
Old 01-29-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah good thing you got those jammers in otherwise you would have to jammer the other jammers and jam all night?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Banned

Damn you, making fun of my northeast linguistic habits...
Old 01-29-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

man this weekend was bad for everyone heh

my car is now bogging cause of the driver side exhaust flange to the y pipe is all loose and moving, so its leaking like a bitch

embaressed to drive the car and i dont have a jack to put the car up so i cant fix it...
Old 01-29-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha
Old 01-29-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i guess their small next to someone that is 6'5 295, since i am 5'11 190, but yeah i could use your help on that converter, and definately on the cam install, you put that y in yet
Old 01-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2002covtz28
yeah i guess their small next to someone that is 6'5 295, since i am 5'11 190, but yeah i could use your help on that converter, and definately on the cam install, you put that y in yet
didn't do it yet, was way too tired at work to think about trying to do it...I'm going to weld up the Y once i get it perfect tomorrow...

And buy some stuff, i'd love to drive down to help you out anytime...And since it's your car, i'll do the majority of the work...

Quick Reply: Phoenix F-bodies!!!