Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Guys w/ big ass cams in Cali...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 11:35 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys w/ big *** cams in Cali...

I want to know what the hell you guys plan on doing when it comes time to get your emissions tested?

I am just curious cause I have been going back and forth with cams...I mean, is it worth swapping out cams every 2 years? is that what some of you plan on doing?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say it again, when it comes to emissions in CA, just know people in the business. Hand them a 100 or 200 bucks, and have them write you off. CA emissions are a waste of time and CA residents money. Its a plan for the state to get money.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:11 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Yeah I totally agree... I always thought that paying someone off would only get you pass the visual part of the test not the actual sniffer. I mean can they actually bullshit the whole test?
Old 10-21-2005, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats pretty much what I plan to do...
Old 10-21-2005, 12:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WS6 Kid
Thats pretty much what I plan to do...

Old 10-21-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes you can pay your way out of it if you have a hook up. They will put a vehicle on with similar emissions and run that with your information. In other words you never even go to the shop. That being said, those shops are hard to come by and regularly get busted for doing just that. If you plan on doing long tubes and a huge cam and no cats then you need to find yourself a friend in the business. You can always go the smog legal route with a set of good heads and a small to average cam with cats and pass the sniffer. It is easier to find a guy that will overlook long tube headers than some who will do a fake test. Hope the info helped.

Just a heads up for those in the market for heads. Richard at west coast cylinder heads is finishing up a cnc program for the new edelbrock castings in the 205cc range that will flow somewhere inbetween an AFR205 and AFR225 but work with a 3.9-4.030 bore. They will help people be able to make 440+rwhp on a 346ci with a medium size cam and longtubes for someone looking to stay sniffer friendly. The first ten sets will be discounted to people ready to do the swap right away to get some feedback.

Quick Reply: Guys w/ big ass cams in Cali...