Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Tuning Technologies in Colton, CA.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 11:47 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your over the tune. Its nothing the stock tune cant handle.

Hows the car coming along Will?
Old 01-15-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Your over the tune. Its nothing the stock tune cant handle.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN? Are you talking to me?
Old 01-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS6 Kid
Jeff Creech does the tuning. That should answer your question.
i saw your car on the street and that thing cant idle for ****..... and it smells like its leaner than a ****

cobrals1killa
Old 01-16-2006, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
Just a note:

Jeff tuned my car twice. I just had it tuned at another shop with no changes to the car what so ever. The shop spent 3 + hours and did 12 pulls and they got another 14 HP and 48 torq out of the car and it is way safer now. Plus the driveabilty is way better and so is idle.

Jeff had my A/F set at 14.0 to 13.8 all the way across the board and the timing set at 16. He also forgot to change my fan settings and had them set at stock settings. I also have a 160 thermostat. Also note I asked for a safe tune.

My new tune A/F is 12.4 to 12.6 all the way across the board and picked up 14 HP and 48 torq to the wheels.

Also note Jeff only had my car on the dyno for maybe 30 minutes. I wasted alot of money with Jeff. It would be nice to get my money back but that will never happen.

I will bring the dyno sheets form Jeff's tune and the new tune to our meeting so everyone can see them.

Take it for what it is worth but I do have the dyno sheets to prove everything.
Ken, same dyno, WB O2 ??
Old 01-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cobrals1killa
i saw your car on the street and that thing cant idle for ****..... and it smells like its leaner than a ****

cobrals1killa
j/k......my cobra is slow

Last edited by cobrals1killa; 01-16-2006 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Ken, same dyno, WB O2 ??
Same type dyno. Also he dyno'ed it before he tuned it to check the numbers before and after. He gained me 14 HP and 48 Torq. Also I wonder why Jeff never set my fans to turn on sooner like I asked him to do. They where set at stock settings.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

Same type dyno. Also he dyno'ed it before he tuned it to check the numbers before and after. He gained me 14 HP and 48 Torq. Also I wonder why Jeff never set my fans to turn on sooner like I asked him to do. They where set at stock settings.
Dynoing before & after on a different dyno means you gained relative to that dyno only. Take any comparison of numbers from a different dyno on a different day for what it's worth.

Did you ever ask Jeff that question?
Old 01-16-2006, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Dynoing before & after on a different dyno means you gained relative to that dyno only. Take any comparison of numbers from a different dyno on a different day for what it's worth.

Did you ever ask Jeff that question?
No matter what I say you will defend Jeff to the end. I know you are the one that got him to come out here plus he stays with you when he is here. I just know that so far the same person has retuned 4 cars that Jeef did and they all gained nice numbers and driveabilty and A/F was alot better.

You know who tuned my car and if you dont just ask Phil.

Plus if you stand behind Jeff so much why are you going to go have your car tuned at the same place I did?
Old 01-17-2006, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

No matter what I say you will defend Jeff to the end. I know you are the one that got him to come out here plus he stays with you when he is here. I just know that so far the same person has retuned 4 cars that Jeef did and they all gained nice numbers and driveabilty and A/F was alot better.
My friendship with Jeff has got nothing to do with claimed increases by another tuner on another dyno on a different day. There is no defense offered here; I was just asking in an earlier post about the dyno you used in an attempt to keep the discussion objective. IMO, considering the circumstances, the 'gain' is debatable, the driveability is what it is, and the a/f is what it is as measured by the respective wideband you're using. I don't profess to be a tuner, as I'm just an enthusiast like you, but if you're that confident in your tune, go strap it down at TT and run it and see if the gains are real or just relative, or if the a/f turns out to be measured differently. Jeff's tune and Eric's tune can be plotted on top of one another and the comparison can be objectively reviewed.

If it turns out Jeff left something on the table in your tune, or made a(n) error(s), call him on it. He'll make things right with you. Back to the last question I posted: Did you ever call or ask Jeff what was going on? I didn't think so. Jeff tunes A LOT of cars, and it is unlikely (but not impossible) he left something on the table with your tune - he's human like you and I are. You owe him the benefit of the doubt, and a phone call or e-mail.

You know who tuned my car and if you dont just ask Phil.
I know who tuned it, and I've got nothing negative to say about the guy who did it. Like I said, take the numbers for what they're worth. If they're worth a refund or other action to you, take it up with Jeff.

why are you going to go have your car tuned at the same place I did?
I never said I was going to have BFR tune my car. I don't know where you heard that, but it just isn't true. I'm contemplating having Eric install my nitrous kit - perhaps that is where the misunderstanding lies?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

In my own opinion I think the biggest factor is if a person goes with Jeff and they have some type of problem either after the tune they will either have to wait tell next time he comes out or remove their computer send it to him and have him make the adjustments then ship it back.

I have had a few e-mails already and members on here want a good local tuner incase they have problems they can just drive right down to the tuner.

Answer me just one question Mike. Why is it Jeff only spent less than 30 minutes on my car and made 3 pulls with it compared to Eric spending close to 3 hours and making 14 pulls to make everything perfect?

Maybe I will speak with Eric and take my car down to TT and do a pull just to see the dyno numbers and A/F.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

I apperciate your questions, but i just fill after knowing 4 people now that all had a bad experance with Jeff.

I heard it from Phil that you where taking it to Eric to have it tuned.

Everyone is human correct, everyone has a opinion also, but I much rather stick with a local tuner then one that comes out 2-3 times a year.

As for calling Jeff what is the point. Its a done deal.

Last edited by 1 BLOWN V8; 01-17-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

In my own opinion I think the biggest factor is if a person goes with Jeff and they have some type of problem either after the tune they will either have to wait tell next time he comes out or remove their computer send it to him and have him make the adjustments then ship it back.
Agreed....for some that's a big deal. I knew the deal when I signed up, so it was never a concern for me personally.

I have had a few e-mails already and members on here want a good local tuner incase they have problems they can just drive right down to the tuner.
Again, I agree. Having access to a local tuner would be ideal. VanGordon & Brown does nice work too.

Answer me just one question Mike. Why is it Jeff only spent less than 30 minutes on my car and made 3 pulls with it compared to Eric spending close to 3 hours and making 14 pulls to make everything perfect?
I cannot answer that question...perhaps Jeff is simply faster at it, and knows where to make adjustments, maybe he put in a tune that worked in another car well, or ??? I'll let you ask Jeff that question, because I believe it does derserve an answer and I'm not here to speak on behalf of Jeff. Jeff is the tuner, not me.

Maybe I will speak with Eric and take my car down to TT and do a pull just to see the dyno numbers and A/F.
You need Eric's permission to go to TT? Maybe I misunderstood your comment, but TT is open to anyone that wants to make pulls or perform their own tuning. Call 'em up and speak to Alfred or Chris....they'll set you up.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

I apperciate your questions, but i just fill after knowing 4 people now that all had a bad experance with Jeff.
If they are all so unsatisfied, why didn't they call Jeff? I know you cannot speak to the actions of others, but it does seem a bit odd.

I heard it from Phil that you where taking it to Eric to have it tuned.
Phil misspoke or misunderstood. I guess the archaic adage of "don't believe everything you hear" is pretty true.

Everyone is human correct, everyone has a opinion also, but I much rather stick with a local tuner then one that comes out 2-3 times a year.
That's your choice, for certain. By doing so, you essentially elected to cut Jeff out of any ability to 'fix' a tune, or make good on it. Just as you stated, everyone has an opinion.

As for calling Jeff what is the point. Its a done deal.
You're in retail sales/service....I know you understand the concept of follow up and being given the opportunity to review/fix work you performed for a customer after/if they complain about it. To each his own though...you've made your choice and I guess it is a done deal.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not that bad for the tune, but they are pricey on everything else.
Agreed, but they do good work.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

If they are all so unsatisfied, why didn't they call Jeff? I know you cannot speak to the actions of others, but it does seem a bit odd.

Phil misspoke or misunderstood. I guess the archaic adage of "don't believe everything you hear" is pretty true.

That's your choice, for certain. By doing so, you essentially elected to cut Jeff out of any ability to 'fix' a tune, or make good on it. Just as you stated, everyone has an opinion.

You're in retail sales/service....I know you understand the concept of follow up and being given the opportunity to review/fix work you performed for a customer after/if they complain about it. To each his own though...you've made your choice and I guess it is a done deal.
Just curious, but do you get a referral fee or any other compensation when Jeff comes out and tunes?
Old 01-17-2006, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Just curious, but do you get a referral fee or any other compensation when Jeff comes out and tunes?
Nothing at all from Jeff.

TT helps me out on my dyno time.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Hello, I've lurked for a long time. I just wanted to post and clear up some confusion.

To thelastz28: We do not currently offer any LT1 or LS1 tuning in house. We also do not provide any install services for this community. We opened up in October of 2004 and instead of using customers as test mules we decided to bring on Jeff Creech. We have had several tuning sessions with him and overall the response (until this point) has been very positive.

To BigDaddyBry: We try hard to keep up with the phone calls and emails. I apologize for the lack of response on our part. Please keep us in mind if you need any dyno numbers in the future.

To 1 BLOWN V8: It seems like you are pleased with your new tune. Hopefully you can work out your differences with Jeff. I have a few questions.

Did you get your dyno numbers from a dyno in San Bernardino? What model dynojet was it? If its the dyno i'm thinking of they use a 48 inch roller that weighs 4000 pounds while ours is a 24 inch roller that weighs 1900. This difference in load will make some difference in the numbers.

You mentioned that Jeff only spent about 30 minutes on your car. Did you have a transmisson leak when you were here getting tuned by Jeff? We had a leak on one of the automatic cars. Its been a long time so I don't know if it was you.

You are concerned with the safety of your tune from Jeff. How many miles did you put on the car with his tune? Did you get anytimeslips with his tune? Have you had any reliability problems with the car?

What if any parts were changed between tunes? Please be detailed even if it is something small.

Having the graph on a printout is nice but it would be better to have the actual run file. Can you provide the run files from your latest tune? I believe we provided you with the ones from our shop. If you can post the actual run file we can overlay the two tunes and examine them for what they are worth.

To the moderators of this site: I know we are not a paying vendor so i hope i didn't break any rules. I'm just trying to clear up some confusion.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the reply. Are these email addresses valid: sales@tuningtechnologies.com and customerservice@tuningtechnologies.com ?

I will call you tomorrow on my way back from Indio to see if you have time to do a quick dyno.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Teching In

you can also hit me up on aim cjsattt.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

I had 16,840 miles on it when he did the last tune. He tuned my car twice. I now have 18,422. As for leaks I had no leaks of any kind.

Quick Reply: Tuning Technologies in Colton, CA.