Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Camaro King, Dealer in Sylmar CA

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98V8gorilla
He only does that because he got busted for selling people fake SS's. Don't get me wrong he does once in a while get a nice rare car. be careful when buying from him. cars are over priced.

What ever happened to Wolf Motors? anyone know?
He never got busted for selling fake ss's. He always has listed them as clones. People would complain after because they were stupid even thought they new it was a clone. I think they went out of business, its ruff in the autosales business unless you can in house finance.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
Had the car for about 3 years and I think the only downside was the crappy paint job he had done on the Replica SS Hood and Spoiler. I get pretty embarrassed sometimes when people notice how off color both parts are, and how many chips they have when compared to the fenders and pretty much the rest of the OEM parts. Hope that helps someone looking, just make sure you inspect the aftermarket parts that were installed.
Ref I didn't know you had a CamaroKing Clone? Explains the stripes..
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone else have feedback on this place? I'm mostly looking for a T/A with relatively low miles. I read the other thread on this place and got disheartened because I thought I had found a great dealer where I could find a good car. But, I found a lot of the stuff hard to believe, specifically the stuff people were saying about odometers being rolled back and switched. If there was as much of that going on as claimed, they would have been easily caught and reported. That's illegal, they wouldn't still be in business. On the other hand, I could be naive and maybe people get away with more things than I think. I just think a 10 year old car will have too much of a paper trail for that. That's why you ask for a car fax if you aren't sure. As far as paint quality, I've worked at a body shop for over 4 years so I know what to look for.

So, any other feedback?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Banned

yeap over priced,salvage rebuilds but they wont be honest and tell you. They'll just act dumb like they dont know the history on what there selling,but good luck..thats just my friends and families experience with them...Find a car you like and do a carfax first!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JJsQwuik
He's Armenian (camaro king owner).. He has real nice cars and rare ones too, but just be smart and know your stuff when dealing with him, cause just like any ohter salesman they wanna get the most of out of the buyer and give back the least...
lmao....he's Armenian so true I bought a fake ss impala from his brother/Armenian...had to take it back...damn near cought on fire due to fuel lines..
Old 06-09-2011, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

LS1Tech 10 Year

Go get your overpriced clone here http://camarokingla.com/
Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LTXBOI
lmao....he's Armenian so true I bought a fake ss impala from his brother/Armenian...had to take it back...damn near cought on fire due to fuel lines..
for one yours just talking Sh*t. He doesnt have a brother, two he doesnt sell salvage cars. If is cars were so bad i dont think he would be in business for the past 20 years. He buys only clean fbodies and prices them accordingly.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LTXBOI
yeap over priced,salvage rebuilds but they wont be honest and tell you. They'll just act dumb like they dont know the history on what there selling,but good luck..thats just my friends and families experience with them...Find a car you like and do a carfax first!!!!
of course they wont know the history they arent the og owners. Some cars are bought from private party and some are from auctions. What dealer will know the history of a car. think about it
Old 06-10-2011, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
He doesnt have a brother, two he doesnt sell salvage cars. If is cars were so bad i dont think he would be in business for the past 20 years.
+2 They Are A Lil.Over Priced thou..
Old 06-10-2011, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

of course they wont know the history they arent the og owners. Some cars are bought from private party and some are from auctions. What dealer will know the history of a car. think about it
Dealer account with carfax..autocheck..obvious signs of collision, fixing the **** himself..cars he cloned himself and sold as real deal to the unsuspecting buyer who knows very little. If you don't know your **** he WILL take advantage of you. This is from my personal experience when I was looking into getting my first LS1.

for one yours just talking Sh*t. He doesnt have a brother, two he doesnt sell salvage cars. If is cars were so bad i dont think he would be in business for the past 20 years. He buys only clean fbodies and prices them accordingly.
Get off the sack. Clean title doesn't mean it wasn't wrecked and or hit. What about the people who bought 02's with 853 heads? People whose **** blew up before their car made it past his block? Cars with odo's that read low miles and carfax turns up high miles. I've seen the quality of his work, it ain't pretty..if you want I'll take pics of one of his cars tomorrow and you can see the shitty work.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oChristiano
If you want I'll take pics of one of his cars tomorrow and you can see the shitty work.

I would like to see any pictures you take of his cars. I'm curious about how bad the quality could really be since they always seem to look really good in his ads that I've seen in the past. Never thought about buying from him though, always looked way to overpriced to me.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:33 AM
On The Tree

lol^^
Old 06-10-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Dealer account with carfax..autocheck..obvious signs of collision, fixing the **** himself..cars he cloned himself and sold as real deal to the unsuspecting buyer who knows very little. If you don't know your **** he WILL take advantage of you. This is from my personal experience when I was looking into getting my first LS1.

Get off the sack. Clean title doesn't mean it wasn't wrecked and or hit. What about the people who bought 02's with 853 heads? People whose **** blew up before their car made it past his block? Cars with odo's that read low miles and carfax turns up high miles. I've seen the quality of his work, it ain't pretty..if you want I'll take pics of one of his cars tomorrow and you can see the shitty work.
for one if you have a dealer account for carfax, you cant change the carfax you also cant change a salvage title from dmv. He's not the original owners of these cars he buys them to sell them. He trys to find the cleanest fbodies he can to re-sell. I have seen him send others back to auction because of issues. He does not want to deal with a hassle or risk his dealer licence to make a few extra bucks. So what is a 02 had 853, someone obviously worked on the car before, buyer should of checked that if he was so particular on the car.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

you have to remember you are buying from a dealer the only things that really matter in any car he is selling is

tires must have so much tread
passed smog
all lights and brakes work
no broken glass
notify of salvage or rebuilt title

that is all the requirements for a dealer to sell a vehicular. It is the buyers responsibility to have the car check if they would like, and he will give anyone that option. That is the problem with the world today everyone wants to blame other people for there own oversights. Obviously the car wasn't a pos when they bought it, because they paid for and bought it right. Either way you slice it, they are used car. I bought a 2006 trailblazer ss from a big car dealer, two weeks later heater core went out and a month later trans was slipping. Was it there fault nope, wasnt doing any of that when i bought it. Cars are mechanical **** breaks.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Bought a fake camaro ss from him. Only thing I have to complain about is the price little high but his interior work is nice. Seats were no trans am seats but all in all nice
Old 06-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Just keep your eyes open. You will find a clean low mile f body that you DON'T have to pay an arm and a leg for.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSkull
I would like to see any pictures you take of his cars. I'm curious about how bad the quality could really be since they always seem to look really good in his ads that I've seen in the past. Never thought about buying from him though, always looked way to overpriced to me.
My friend bought his 01 Z28 from him about 3 years ago. I'll see if he comes out to Bob's tonight. Paint on his car is horrible. He actually posted in this and other threads. ReftheMC. It's cheap paint that looks good temp and quickly wears.
for one if you have a dealer account for carfax, you cant change the carfax you also cant change a salvage title from dmv. He's not the original owners of these cars he buys them to sell them. He trys to find the cleanest fbodies he can to re-sell. I have seen him send others back to auction because of issues. He does not want to deal with a hassle or risk his dealer licence to make a few extra bucks. So what is a 02 had 853, someone obviously worked on the car before, buyer should of checked that if he was so particular on the car.
Who said he was changing titles? All I said was clean title doesn't mean the car wasn't damaged somehow. Why do so many of his cars need to be sent out for paint if there so clean to begin with? Your exactly right, he buys them to resell them. He buys beat up cars spends a few $ on them to get them to look pretty and sells them for above top dollar. You only aknowledge one point out of the several I made. Go dig up the other Camaro King thread and see all the first hand bad experiences with him. That **** doesn't come from no where.
you have to remember you are buying from a dealer the only things that really matter in any car he is selling is

tires must have so much tread
passed smog
all lights and brakes work
no broken glass
notify of salvage or rebuilt title

that is all the requirements for a dealer to sell a vehicular.
It is the buyers responsibility to have the car check if they would like, and he will give anyone that option. That is the problem with the world today everyone wants to blame other people for there own oversights. Obviously the car wasn't a pos when they bought it, because they paid for and bought it right. Either way you slice it, they are used car. I bought a 2006 trailblazer ss from a big car dealer, two weeks later heater core went out and a month later trans was slipping. Was it there fault nope, wasnt doing any of that when i bought it. Cars are mechanical **** breaks.
Thats about the only **** he actually followed. He's followed the very basic laws, doesn't mean he isn't doing shady dealings. He's had several law suits against him for odo changes, cars not what were advertised etc. He will take advantage of you if given the oportunity. I went and checked out a 35th LE from him, on his site it was advertised as the 345hp option package from SLP meaning Blackwing lid and CME. Got there checked door codes it was a base 35th, no slp options, stock lid, he just added the CME, which was poorly done.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I'll pass, too many negative stuff to overlook. Plus many of the people posting negative stuff didn't even post in the previous thread about this place. It's also too far away for me to go if the cars are no good.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too looked into him about 3-4 years ago, went there once and saw mismatched cars. RPO codes don't match and he listed them as authentic SS's but were Z28's and were pricing them according to SS pricing not Z28. Also his hoods are cheep knock offs not original SS hoods, even spoilers used are ebay, you can see with a few of them they have a slightly larger lip than the stock SS.

I personally would not buy anything from a guy who does what he does but am glad he is around because he drives up the prices of our cars so if someone hits me and my car is totaled I can say look at this retail location selling them for ridiculous prices lol.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I have no experiences with Robert up until about 2 years ago and I have only purchased parts never a car. Several times I've lurk about his showroom for up to an hour just checking out the constant revolving showroom of cars and I've seen both ends of quality of cars. If I had the loot their has been several clean cars I would have bought from him with few worries. Of course it's clear he likes to put some custom touches and up grades on his lesser models but I've never personally heard him mis respresenting whats on the car when talking to potential customers.

He's a straight up guy with me and so far hasn't tried or attempt to screw me over for anything I've bought from him. I having personally owned and modded 4 f-bodies, 1 LT and 3 LS1's within the last 12 yrs he realizes I know I'm quite knowledgeable on them. Which in my perspective he can't bullshit me or try and play games. I usually just hit him up for **** that's hard to find or you can't find and he's quite aware of there rarity or value so I don't expect him to just give it away.

Like one poster already said regarding 2nd owned dealer vehicles is you can't always be positively certain the buyer or the seller how long a preowned car will hold up or over time. That's the potential risk of EVERY used car buyer takes!

All I'm saying is knowledge is power. Ask questions! If you don't do your homework or proper research on what you'll looking to buy then it's your own fault if you get burned. I've learn that from my own life experiences! Besides I don't think any business can thrive or stay in business for any length of time if you're constantly ripping people off.

Quick Reply: Camaro King, Dealer in Sylmar CA