Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Race-Prep's company STS car getting closer!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 06:06 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTObsessor
Yah... one, I'd like to keep my rear end for quite a while longer and two, (more importantly) I'll be very honest with you as I am not by any means a decent driver.
I went 10.04@134 with a stock 10 bolt with Eaton Posi and 4.10's.(Auto though)But many 1.43 60ft times.

I ran my car for along time as a 6 speed with slicks with no issues.

But from what you are saying,you really need the Driver Mod more than Tuning...
Old 01-21-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nine Finger 02 Z28
I went 10.04@134 with a stock 10 bolt with Eaton Posi and 4.10's.(Auto though)But many 1.43 60ft times.

I ran my car for along time as a 6 speed with slicks with no issues.

But from what you are saying,you really need the Driver Mod more than Tuning...
That's quite impressive. It's just that right now, drag racing is really a recreational thing and not something I'm spending serious time on - just go out to the track, stomp on it and have some fun... the car's fast for what it is and yes, I do SERIOUSLY need the Driver Mod but the tuning was originally because the previous owner put a handheld on it and it was coating spark plugs with aluminum (pinging to high heaven)... so I did most of the bolt-ons and had RP tune em in for me since I won't be doing anything futher to the car for a while since money's tight. I just don't have the cash to even risk running anything stickier than a Nitto on the back - hell, I can't even launch with THOSE!!! lol
Old 01-21-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't trust this guy...he puts nitrous on rental cars for fun.

We all love Jason for his sick twisted ideas.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Yo...R/PObsessor,

You never answered my question, whats your best 1/4? You sure like to make sure we know your rwhp/rwtq. Lets see some supporting numbers. I'm curious.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NICKZ28
Yo...R/PObsessor,

You never answered my question, whats your best 1/4? You sure like to make sure we know your rwhp/rwtq. Lets see some supporting numbers. I'm curious.
An outstanding 13.8 in Vegas chit weather spinning through 1st and a lil through 2nd... rear end kicked out a lil... that was my best 60' though... 2.2... driver mod in great need lol... maby I'll let someone that knows what they're doing run it through the 1/4 one of these days... the only time I drag is on the strip and my total runs can be counted on one's fingers and toes... we'll see. This was before any exhaust mods and retune. Oh, and the name's GTObsessor.

Last edited by GTObsessor; 01-21-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

An outstanding 13.8 in Vegas chit weather spinning through 1st and a lil through 2nd... rear end kicked out a lil... that was my best 60' though... 2.2... driver mod in great need lol... maby I'll let someone that knows what they're doing run it through the 1/4 one of these days... the only time I drag is on the strip and my total runs can be counted on one's fingers and toes... we'll see. This was before any exhaust mods and retune. Oh, and the name's GTObsessor.
I find it hard to believe you spun through 1st and some of 2nd, being that Vegas is one of the best tracks. On its worst day for traction, it'd put fontana to shame on its best day. What funny is you say the weather was bad, you spun..blah blah blah. Tell your excuses to someone who cares.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:52 PM
8 Second Club

Old 01-21-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

I find it hard to believe you spun through 1st and some of 2nd, being that Vegas is one of the best tracks. On its worst day for traction, it'd put fontana to shame on its best day. What funny is you say the weather was bad, you spun..blah blah blah. Tell your excuses to someone who cares.
Anyone that's been there on a MM night will vouch for the fact that it's extremely easy to spin like mad on that track. Ricers spill **** all over the place... And I wonder, you ever even been there? Lets see some slips if you have...
Old 01-21-2006, 11:03 PM
WS.
Teching In

An outstanding 13.8 in Vegas chit weather spinning through 1st and a lil through 2nd... rear end kicked out a lil... that was my best 60' though... 2.2...

Only excuses you didnt mention were that you didnt go to the bathroom first and your car was dirty!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Anyone that's been there on a MM night will vouch for the fact that it's extremely easy to spin like mad on that track. Ricers spill **** all over the place... And I wonder, you ever even been there? Lets see some slips if you have...
Thats a NATIONAL EVENT TRACK. Your small amount of horse power couldn't spin the tires there. Ricers dump oil all over Irwindale, and guess what...I still hook. And thats on a street legal night. Btw, I dont have to show you time slips for any track I've been to. But....here are a couple videos. One of me @ Irwindale, the other of a bunch of cars that have at least 3x the hp you have at Vegas, and guess what, they're not spinning!

http://www.vidiLife.com/reloc.cfm?cr...FB-40E5-ACF9-2

http://www.vidiLife.com/reloc.cfm?cr...5C-48CA-97C2-0
Old 01-21-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Thats a NATIONAL EVENT TRACK. Your small amount of horse power couldn't spin the tires there. Ricers dump oil all over Irwindale, and guess what...I still hook. And thats on a street legal night. Btw, I dont have to show you time slips for any track I've been to. But....here are a couple videos. One of me @ Irwindale, the other of a bunch of cars that have at least 3x the hp you have at Vegas, and guess what, they're not spinning!

http://www.vidiLife.com/reloc.cfm?cr...FB-40E5-ACF9-2

http://www.vidiLife.com/reloc.cfm?cr...5C-48CA-97C2-0

Wow you're a bright one. The first clip is from TnT - NOT MM. Oh yah... might be the SLICKS they're running that do just a LIL to make em hook... I wonder what they'd do if they had 275's on the back? What do you think? I've raced LVMS TnT once durring summer and it was great track prep (just got the car) - bogged every single time off the line that night. Like I said before, my run was made on a MM night and even after babying it out of the hole, I floored it, tires went into smoke, lifted, then finally hooked (this was the senario of one of my runs there). TnT and MM track prep are nothing alike at LVMS.

Last edited by GTObsessor; 01-21-2006 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Wow you're a bright one. Those are clips from TnT - NOT MM. I've raced LVMS TnT once durring summer and it was great track prep (just got the car) - bogged every single time off the line that night. Like I said before, my run was made on a MM night and even after babying it out of the hole, I floored it, tires went into smoke, lifted, then pulled (this was the senario of one of my runs there). TnT and MM track prep are nothing alike at LVMS.
I doubt your tires went into smoke. You make it sound like you're driving a T/F car. No one here cares what the track prep was like, or what you say it was. If it really was that bad, remember..it was your choice to run on it. Stop being so scared and throw a set of slicks on it. If my stock posi can take the abuse I've thrown at it, yours can take one hard launch. Suck it up. If you don't like the MM track prep, then go to an actual event....oh wait...I forgot, you're just a test-n-tuner.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

I doubt your tires went into smoke. You make it sound like you're driving a T/F car. No one here cares what the track prep was like, or what you say it was. If it really was that bad, remember..it was your choice to run on it. Stop being so scared and throw a set of slicks on it. If my stock posi can take the abuse I've thrown at it, yours can take one hard launch. Suck it up. If you don't like the MM track prep, then go to an actual event....oh wait...I forgot, you're just a test-n-tuner.
Like I said, drag racing is a hobby for me, not my life. I'm busy spending time on things that will actually make a difference in my life like hmm... maby school perhapse? Look, both you and I have seen you've already made an *** of yourself, calling me a lier on the track prep for MM nights then showing a video with full on dragsters at an LVMS TnT day. I know how it was and I don't need to prove **** to you - I know exactly what the conditions were and how bad I am at driving - that still has nothing to do with how strong the car is running which is the issue that was first at hand then you turned into an all-out personal attack on me because I support someone you and your buddies have a grudge against for god only knows why. On that note, we've hijacked this thread enough, if you'd like to run your mouth off some more, feel free to PM me. I'll no longer respond to posts made by you or your buddies in this thread.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

ROFL this thread ******* rules.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Like I said, drag racing is a hobby for me, not my life. I'm busy spending time on things that will actually make a difference in my life like hmm... maby school perhapse? Look, both you and I have seen you've already made an *** of yourself, calling me a lier on the track prep for MM nights then showing a video with full on dragsters at an LVMS TnT day. I know how it was and I don't need to prove **** to you - I know exactly what the conditions were and how bad I am at driving - that still has nothing to do with how strong the car is running which is the issue that was first at hand then you turned into an all-out personal attack on me because I support someone you and your buddies have a grudge against for god only knows why.
Yeah, ok. Who said I'm not in school? Btw, you going to school isnt showing...you should learn how to spell you "lier". Drag racing is "life" for some people. Know what, most make good money doing it.

No offense to anyone else but....I hate it when test-n-tuners whine about track conditions and think they know what they're talking about. You're racing on a track w/ street tire cars and minimal track prep. What do you expect?!

Try again jr
Old 01-21-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1320Kid
We all love Jason for his sick twisted ideas.
That one was great. Next time I rent a car, I'll have to see if Jason wants to have fun with it.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
That one was great. Next time I rent a car, I'll have to see if Jason wants to have fun with it.
I have the video stashed somewhere in my computer from when Jason took the rental truck out. I'll have to host it....it should be up shortly
Old 01-22-2006, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn......this thread is **** talking central!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep it coming!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

take your BS elsewhere . Go argue and bicker in a another thread.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 8GTOKLR
take your BS elsewhere . Go argue and bicker in a another thread.

Quick Reply: Race-Prep's company STS car getting closer!