Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Phoenix area members...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 11:34 AM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Phoenix area members...

What is Phoenix and the surrounding area's like? I am trying to get into a position at my current workplace to transfer to the Phoenix office if I can. I'm a warm weather guy and I've never been there (but that could be good or bad), but bottom line I'm tired of Dallas.

So, what's it like around Phoenix. Stuff to do? Weather? Traffic? Is Chipotle out there? Love that place. What about car stuff, race tracks, etc.

What about the suburbs? I don't want to live in the city...currently I live in a smaller town (60k-people) about 20min away from work. Schools are the best in the area (VERY important to me and my kids), and there's always stuff to do.

Where does everyone live in and around Phoenix?

Thanks!
RyanJ
Old 03-09-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

i live in peoria, and the local street/strip/hangout is about 10 minutes from me, its pretty much in phoenix area/peoria.

Yeah we have chipotle out here, place is pretty good. i would move to surprise if i were you. nice area, new.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RyanJ
What is Phoenix and the surrounding area's like? I am trying to get into a position at my current workplace to transfer to the Phoenix office if I can. I'm a warm weather guy and I've never been there (but that could be good or bad), but bottom line I'm tired of Dallas.

So, what's it like around Phoenix. Stuff to do? Weather? Traffic? Is Chipotle out there? Love that place. What about car stuff, race tracks, etc.

What about the suburbs? I don't want to live in the city...currently I live in a smaller town (60k-people) about 20min away from work. Schools are the best in the area (VERY important to me and my kids), and there's always stuff to do.

Where does everyone live in and around Phoenix?

Thanks!
RyanJ
Sup man.

Phx area is pretty decent.

Clean atmosphere (not like LA, not much smog at all), nice weather 8 months out of the year ( during the summer it gets around 115 on average during the day.)

Traffic isnt too bad, long as your not caught in rush hour.

Most places are within 20 minutes or so, but usually no longer then 45 min or so.

theres a decent night life, especially around tempe area. TONS of ASU chicks on campus and hot ones at that.

theres a few places to go for clubs/bars.

either on Mill ave ( in tempe ) or old town scottsdale are the two most popular places ive seen, some in N. scottsdale, but people usually are more rich and stuck up in that area.

phoenix for the most part is built up pretty nicely, so if you wanna live in a smaller area, you could move out to queen creek or maricopa and be 30 min away from civilization with much cheaper housing.

as far as race tracks, there are 2 major ones.

1 is called speedworld ( about 45 min from my home in phx ), the other is firebird ( about 3-4 miles from my house ) but that one is usually overwhelmed on race nights so you can only get a couple passes in within a few hours.

Your got a TTI kit on your car right?

If you move out here, we should meet up sometime, go cruizin

School system out here is decent, just make sure not to let them go to school in a ghetto area like downtown phx.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:41 PM
SSU Moderator

That's what I'm trying to figure out...whether or not to move. It will be a while, but I like to prepare.

Anywho, in Allen (26mil from Dallas) the shools are "exemplary" as ratied by the state I think. That's what Im looking for. Small, nice, upper middle class or above community. I don't mind being 30min away from downtown.

I was looking for houses just in passing but I dont know the zip codes or anything to really search. Where are Maricopa and Queen Creek? Surprise, AZ seems about the same size as Allen with similar crime rates.

Also, no, no TTi kit on my car. Just bolt-ons. I decided to get the career/house/kids thing going first. But if I get the job I want...I should have enough cash to really start modding the TA.

Also, what about emissions testing?

Last edited by RyanJ; 03-09-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

try and find an area north of bell road near scottsdale road, you will have access to the 101 freeway which will send you to the i10, i17, and az51, the schools there are pretty top notch and since you are near the scottsdale area, there is less traffic too

peoria and phoenix can get..busy with traffic,

there are race tracks: Speedworld, Firebird

Best bet, go near scottsdale its much better
Old 03-09-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i love surprise, it has the lowest crime rate, really nice neighborhoods, no problems with neighbors when working on my car and such and the schools here are awesome, not to mention speedworld is only about 10-15 minutes from me.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Banned

i love the whole phoenix/peoria/suprise/scottsdale atmosphere. there are some really nice places, like ruben stated right above me. whats cool is from phoenix, you have access to lakes, forrests, mountains, snow, desserts and all sorts of things within a hour and half drive, i love it. and sometimes you get some pretty cool suprises like this...

this is at my g/f's house about 20 minutes from the phoenix area in cave creek
.]
Old 03-13-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Also check out
www.azfba.com
Old 03-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Banned

you should move where i am...Lots of nothing to do, and i often contemplate jerking the wheel into a god damn bridge embunkment...

i'll be down in town within 2 months...as long as all goes as planned...
Old 03-13-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

aww man now we can be buddies once you move down here!!!! haha jk
Old 03-14-2006, 08:55 AM
10 Second Club

How is the track prep at Speedworld?

Would you consider it a nice facility?

I'm headed down to run in the PSCA event coming up in a few weeks.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Banned

speedworld kinda puts off the "run down" feeling, its out in the middle of nowhere... and the entrance road isnt really a road, its dirt, and there really isnt a "pit" area, its all just one big parking lot basically. if your looking for a nice facility, speedworld is not your place. you should look at firebird raceway, thats a more professional, well known place.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

Damn, well thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply: Phoenix area members...