Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

San Diego Peoples

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Diego Peoples

Ok, I am graduating in a year. I like to study law blah blah. Anyhow I am considering CalWestern as a school I would like to attend but I know relatively little about San Diego. I would just like to know where a nice place to live would be. I wouldn't want to live in a not so nice area. Also, how's the job market there with the city/county sector. I am worried about the cost of living and having to find a job there is important. If you think of any other info pertaining to this situation, please feel free to add it. Thanks for viewing.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris95Z
Ok, I am graduating in a year. I like to study law blah blah. Anyhow I am considering CalWestern as a school I would like to attend but I know relatively little about San Diego. I would just like to know where a nice place to live would be. I wouldn't want to live in a not so nice area. Also, how's the job market there with the city/county sector. I am worried about the cost of living and having to find a job there is important. If you think of any other info pertaining to this situation, please feel free to add it. Thanks for viewing.
well i can tell you right now, the cost of living is going to be outragous compared to what your used to in fresno
Old 05-09-2006, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

What type of Public Sector Jobs are you looking for. If your qualified it's easy to find a job.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anywhere within 5 miles of the coast..north of the city (San Diego) south of Oceanside is nice...you cant go wrong

Anywhere within 5 miles of the coast..north of the city south of Oceanside center is relatively expensive compared to the central valley.. the closer to the beach or the further north you go the greater the cost.

I live in Mira Mesa....and Im thinking its about average..

There are other places further inland El Cajon and La Mesa (very nice) but traffic becomes and issue....

North Park and Hillcrest....is spotty, but there are some great neighborhoods..but if you have a closed mind...homophobic..hippie phobic....old'ophobic,....you wont like it
Old 05-09-2006, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BitViper
North Park and Hillcrest....is spotty, but there are some great neighborhoods..but if you have a closed mind...homophobic..hippie phobic....old'ophobic,....you wont like it
Hahahaha..

I would most def look at La Mesa area. I agree with BIT nice area and not to much of a pocket burner. But i wouldnt look at to much of El Cajon it has its nice parts but some parts I wouldnt go near. Just my .02 cents of course
Old 05-09-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for replying, what is La Mesa like? I'm not looking for ritzy by any means just a place where I can jog in the morning and walk the dog feeling "comfortable". Don't have any real phobias except I don't want to deal with vandalism or a prius community.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not expensive.its inland about 8 miles hilly mostly single family homes..just past San Diego State University on Hwy 8 its a really nice part of town
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.215607&om=1

Quick Reply: San Diego Peoples