Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Copart guys: ? on types of accounts...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Copart guys: ? on types of accounts...

With Copart, is there a difference on what you can bid on (total wreck, running, water damaged, etc.) if you are a dealer vs. auto dismantler? A friend of mine had a Copart account (which has since expired since he sold his wrecking business) and I noticed I was able to bid on almost everything in CA and OR (only places I looked), but NV required something else, as most of the cars weren't open for me to bid on. Does NV require a different license of some sort? He had a WA wrecking license if that helps. And if you have a Copart account, I would appreciate it if you would send me a PM.

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by super_kev
...but NV required something else, as most of the cars weren't open for me to bid on. Does NV require a different license of some sort?
NV and a few other states require a seperate registration over and above the initial copart registration, but every once in awhile they'll allow you to buy cars from those states for a month or so to get a feel of what they have to offer!!(I geuss to encourage you to register with that state as well)

btw... I no longer buy from copart because I got tired of paying rent for the garage I stored them at and doing taxes 4 times a year... plus the competition usually drives the prices up till it's almost not worth it.

I may open my license back up once I get my new property all squared away because I won't have to pay rent anywhere anymore. that cut into the profits pretty good!

~Brian
Old 06-12-2006, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

By the time you beat the competition,pay the buyer's fee,pay the vb2 fee,[ay the gate fee,fix the car,and sell the car you don't make **** anymore.no one wants to buy a ******* salvage car anymore because these clowns fix them with JB Weld or some **** and you can't even explain to them how you fixed it right.and 4th gen cars are too high there too.

J

Quick Reply: Copart guys: ? on types of accounts...