Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

"Professional" tuner warning

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 04:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash99
Ahhh, a Corona local... cool
I checked out a couple of your pictures, but couldnt tell what area you live in. Figure your house is 2001 or newer, but then again so are about 10,000 others.

I'm off rincon/corydon behind the airport.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks to hear about bad experiences but I have to be honest, as a 44 year old F-body lover and 26 years in the military and still going, I have dealt with a crap load of Hi Perf. shops around the country and will tell you that you will find that they all make mistakes. What separates the good shops from the sub par ones is the ability to help the customer with a satisfactory resolution. Some businesses fail to remember that without us (the car enthusiasts) they would not exist. I hope that you guy's and the shop in question can find a happy medium. Good luck.

TopFig
Old 08-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Makes me leary of someone touching my car.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
But then you waited several months and posted here? Seriously, you post in a regional section and write "LA tuner." I knew you were going to name the business before I read your next post.

If you were so good natured, your post would have been elsewhere and you wouldnt have bad mouthed a business over 1/2 year later. You're full of BS.

There is another LS1 shop in the greater LA area that doesnt even touch f-bodies for reasons like this.
Your'e right. Guess I was wrong. My appologies... I take everything back, it was a great job.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

I checked out a couple of your pictures, but couldnt tell what area you live in. Figure your house is 2001 or newer, but then again so are about 10,000 others.

I'm off rincon/corydon behind the airport.

I live off Ontario and Magnolia ave, gated community, my house was built 04/2005, brand new baby.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

But then you waited several months and posted here? Seriously, you post in a regional section and write "LA tuner." I knew you were going to name the business before I read your next post.

If you were so good natured, your post would have been elsewhere and you wouldnt have bad mouthed a business over 1/2 year later. You're full of BS.

There is another LS1 shop in the greater LA area that doesnt even touch f-bodies for reasons like this.
I assume your talking about A&A. They only do vettes because they can charge more money. Their tunner has worked on all the different lsx series cars including f bodies. I see these gripes as valid and why not post experiences both good and bad. Let the consumer make the decission. 175 an hour for dyno time is a joke. Should be more like 100-120.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by strokedls1
I assume your talking about A&A. They only do vettes because they can charge more money. Their tunner has worked on all the different lsx series cars including f bodies. I see these gripes as valid and why not post experiences both good and bad. Let the consumer make the decission. 175 an hour for dyno time is a joke. Should be more like 100-120.
i agree with the $100 per houre dyno time , unfortunatly i do not run or own the dyno ,i allways give the customer the oportunity to chose a different dyno.the reason i use this perticular dyno is it is easier to tune on..
and on the other note i do not have a problem with people posting thier bad experiences ,AS LONG AS THEY ARE VALID .like i said erlier it lets us know where we are laking...

Last edited by SP Motorsports; 08-11-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

they tune all LSX cars, lol, they just wont work on f-bodies.
plus they really dont charge that much money, i think 600 including dyno time, and A&A/Charlie are basically married to that tune. basically you get what you paid for, charlie has alot of experience tuning compared some of the other tuners in this area, sometimes you have to pay more, maybe thats why Andy picked him, over anybody else to have tune at his shop.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Silver02
Strictly tuned my 02 Z28 that had lots of mods including long tubes, h/c and Fast intake & tb(drilled by 1st shop). I took it to Rob because other shops had tuned it and it ran like sh_t. He got it running real smooth & it even passed Calif smog afterwards.

We all take the good and the bad. I think if Rob had his dyno "In Shop" alot of these problems would be resolved, when your left to rely on outside sources, there always seems to be problems.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Flash99
We all take the good and the bad. I think if Rob had his dyno "In Shop" alot of these problems would be resolved, when your left to rely on outside sources, there always seems to be problems.
exactly
Old 08-11-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rob it's time to finance a new Dyno!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by travie319

www.myspace.com

login:

NEW FRIENDS REQUEST:

Travie319 wants to be your friend.

DENY.

LOL...
Old 08-11-2006, 07:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by travie319
i think you are right on that one.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by topfig1
What separates the good shops from the sub par ones is the ability to help the customer with a satisfactory resolution.TopFig
Exactly.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
plus they really dont charge that much money, i think 600 including dyno time, and A&A/Charlie are basically married to that tune. basically you get what you paid for, charlie has alot of experience tuning compared some of the other tuners in this area, sometimes you have to pay more, maybe thats why Andy picked him, over anybody else to have tune at his shop.
You just restated exactly what I said. I said they work on vettes, but their tunner tunes all lsx??? I never said anything about the price of their tune. I could really care less as I do my own wrenching and tuning and avoid all these issues. I can only point the finger at myself if something isn't right.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
WELL PUT!
A&A are top notch! Charlie is one of the best (if not the best) Tuners in the SOCAL area.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Never been to A&A but have heard good things. In San Diego there is Kushan at Excelsior Motorsports who is phenomenal with tunning.

Topfig
Old 08-12-2006, 03:41 AM
11 Second Club

You just restated exactly what I said. I said they work on vettes, but their tunner tunes all lsx??? I never said anything about the price of their tune. I could really care less as I do my own wrenching and tuning and avoid all these issues. I can only point the finger at myself if something isn't right.

Some people dont have your magical skills so we are forced to go the other route and look for outside sources. When faced with this dilemma its always nice to have a forum like this to figure out what the next steps are.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by AmMscl
WELL PUT!
A&A are top notch! Charlie is one of the best (if not the best) Tuners in the SOCAL area.
for sure, charlie is the man, as tuned three of my cars, he pats my back, i pat his back. kinda teaching me a little in the process.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Banned

Thsi thread is good proof on why we have big name tuners like Lingenfelter and a few other good shops that are practically household names.

Quick Reply: "Professional" tuner warning