Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Busted in Ontario last night, Drag Net got me!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted in Ontario last night, Drag Net got me! VIDEO~!

I'll be posting up a video soon, but sure enough they are cracking down like crazy. Met up with some people from LS1gto.com they wanted to see the races, and well they got to see the new Drag Net. The coalition between 7-8 PD's. Heres a partial list, still looking at the video.

Upland
Irwindale
Riverside PD
CHP
SBC Sheriffs dept
Chino PD
Ontario PD

Earlier in the night we busted the place where they were hiding out before the raid. One pulled out of no where and busted an Eclipse. I had a really bad feeling about it and wanted to leave, but certain people who were there kept us there will peer pressure. Anyways I had 13-15 cops looking at my car, asking me questions like how much money have I put into it, telling me my bottle was mounted incorrectly and I'd probably get more liquid then gas, funny how it was a big sting, and all the cops were chill looking at my car and talking. Of course there were those few A-hole cops who thought they knew it all, but there were a bunch of cool one's there. It will be a really interesting video once all the footage is edited. Also they are using Semi's to block you in, and helicopters in silent mode to scout. They also have a bunch of Under cover cops rolling around. One of the cars is a white EVO, basically its entrapment, they led everyone to that site and then WHAM took it down. One of the cops even asked me whats this shiny thing do in the corner? Is it a fuel managment system? I was like what are you talking about? and he pointed at the stock pcm, I was like umm, thats the computer that comes with the car, he was like really? About 8 of the cops asked me what exactly I did to the car, and I was like on the record or off? At the end they were calling me over by name, Alex show frank the trunk, Alex come explain to john what this is... funny stuff. Last but not least one of the cops asked another if you can site a domestic car for nitrous, he said "I know we get the imports, but this is a domestic, can we even site him?". Video to be posted late tonight, so much editing.

*EDIT* VIDEO HERE http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...1c0188747f.htm

Last edited by Flash99; 08-14-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why do people still go to Ontario? If you, you deserve to be caught. Morons.

That **** was a bust when...Oh I don't know what year did the first Fast and Furious come out...
Old 08-13-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol......
Old 08-13-2006, 03:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol you went to meet those two morons over on ls1gto.com at the ontario races, ha ha, flash99 i thought you were smarter then this
Old 08-13-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

i go to video tape bust for my website. that's the only reason i go over there. Hey flash you think i could get a copy of the video for my site? i would really appreciate it. thanks
Old 08-13-2006, 05:33 PM
FormerVendor

So did you get any tickets??
Old 08-13-2006, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

"Helicopters in silent mode." That's funny! There is no such thing. How do I know? That's right, work on helicopters for a living. I've been in Aviation for 16 years, and there's no way to turn the blades so they still bite air (in order to keep the helicopter in the air) and make them quiet. They can stay a couple of miles away (so you can't hear them) and still get a good picture of you as if they were right in front of you. The cops were pulling your leg.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

he probably meant silent mode as in their lights were off and they were a distance away.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
he probably meant silent mode as in their lights were off and they were a distance away.

Yup... Anyways I dont go to Ontario to street race, they were having a little GTG so I went over, then some guys came from Oceanside, and wanted to see all the "COOL" races, I got peer pressured into that ****, trust me. I know Ontario's been hot for awhile.

On a side note, it was fun, explaining to all the cops what stuff does, how much I've spent, and telling them I really dont give a **** if my factory warranty is voided. Then you get the ***** cops who say "whats this car run 14's?" and I was like well **** as a matter of fact it does at LACR, he was like that aint ****, I have this super alcohol drag car thats in the 7's, so I was like cool are you the driver? And he said naw my dad is. Mind you the cop is in his 40's or something. I almost busted up laughing about that. Working on the videos now.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

Yup I learned my lesson about Ontario the same way, (thanks again Travie) got caught up in a bust. Got asked a bunch of dum *** questions, but I stuck to my story " its stock". Oh and be expecting a letter of the city explainin how your car will be destory if caught and blah blah blah.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Launching!

the letter lol .

well keep us posted for the full lenght vid
Old 08-14-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Flash, it sounds like you became an informant!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Damn Flash, it sounds like you became an informant!

Yeah, the informant that gets busted, ticketed and sent on his way. I was just happy that:

1: I didnt go to Jail
2: My car didnt get towed
3: I didnt run over that bottle of glass that was busted up on the ground.

Just wait till you see the whole video, one cop says "Wheres your NOS" and I'm like "You mean Nitrous?" NOS is from the fast and furious and he was like yeah whatever... PWNED.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:06 PM
FormerVendor

Where's the video?!?!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

I have a freind that is a Fontana PD and he said they were getting ready to do a big bust like that, I just didnt think it was going to be so soon.
Ont. has been bad way back when I street raced out there in the late 70's to early 80's and there was nothing out there, just a brand new road and no buildings
Alex what did they get you for?
Have you talked to Clint? I just bought a 68 Nova. Hope to get it into Route 66 this year

Wade
Old 08-14-2006, 11:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by firebird69racer
I have a freind that is a Fontana PD and he said they were getting ready to do a big bust like that, I just didnt think it was going to be so soon.
Ont. has been bad way back when I street raced out there in the late 70's to early 80's and there was nothing out there, just a brand new road and no buildings
Alex what did they get you for?
Have you talked to Clint? I just bought a 68 Nova. Hope to get it into Route 66 this year

Wade
Ummmmm...... how come you didn't warn us?
Old 08-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Launching!

lmfao.. that **** is too funny... Well the vid at least and the nawwwss. Sucks that you got ticketed but you made me laugh
Old 08-15-2006, 03:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SnakesRslow
lmfao.. that **** is too funny... Well the vid at least and the nawwwss. Sucks that you got ticketed but you made me laugh

Just wait theres more....
Old 08-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Banned

Wierd -- yea they target mostly Imports, but will do domestics if you get a real asshat. One of my Fiance's relatives is a Reserve officer for the OC Sheriff. He went to the training, SD PD started the whole movement, Drag net originated there in SD -- they then hosted a training class last October where they taught every officer from Sacremento down to SD how to spot illegal modifications and how to write them up using existing laws on the vehicle code.

like where stickers on the windshield apply to the "drag net" policy, etc. So if you want a complete list of PD's that participate in Drag net its easy to remember, any major city in California will have the program in force. And yes they are really cracking down on it.

Originally Posted by Flash99
I'll be posting up a video soon, but sure enough they are cracking down like crazy. Met up with some people from LS1gto.com they wanted to see the races, and well they got to see the new Drag Net. The coalition between 7-8 PD's. Heres a partial list, still looking at the video.

Upland
Irwindale
Riverside PD
CHP
SBC Sheriffs dept
Chino PD
Ontario PD

Earlier in the night we busted the place where they were hiding out before the raid. One pulled out of no where and busted an Eclipse. I had a really bad feeling about it and wanted to leave, but certain people who were there kept us there will peer pressure. Anyways I had 13-15 cops looking at my car, asking me questions like how much money have I put into it, telling me my bottle was mounted incorrectly and I'd probably get more liquid then gas, funny how it was a big sting, and all the cops were chill looking at my car and talking. Of course there were those few A-hole cops who thought they knew it all, but there were a bunch of cool one's there. It will be a really interesting video once all the footage is edited. Also they are using Semi's to block you in, and helicopters in silent mode to scout. They also have a bunch of Under cover cops rolling around. One of the cars is a white EVO, basically its entrapment, they led everyone to that site and then WHAM took it down. One of the cops even asked me whats this shiny thing do in the corner? Is it a fuel managment system? I was like what are you talking about? and he pointed at the stock pcm, I was like umm, thats the computer that comes with the car, he was like really? About 8 of the cops asked me what exactly I did to the car, and I was like on the record or off? At the end they were calling me over by name, Alex show frank the trunk, Alex come explain to john what this is... funny stuff. Last but not least one of the cops asked another if you can site a domestic car for nitrous, he said "I know we get the imports, but this is a domestic, can we even site him?". Video to be posted late tonight, so much editing.

*EDIT* VIDEO HERE http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...1c0188747f.htm
Old 08-15-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bahahaha what a dumbass. Can't wait for more.

Quick Reply: Busted in Ontario last night, Drag Net got me!