Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Phoenix F,Y, GTO & Truck Bodies FTMFW! *Week 14*

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not a fan of third gens myself... just something about them that i do not like at all. a guy at my work just bought one that got traded in, looks like a '89 white camaro, and its the biggest pile of **** i've ever seen. smokes like no other, and is about as slow as a honda civic... and the worst part is, he actually thinks its cool, and hot rods it every chance he has like its something special

even if i saw a CLEAN 3rd gen, i wouldn't care for it at all... they dont appeal to me in appearance, performance, or design.

james, i have nothing against your brother's car personally, i just dont care for 3rd gens in general.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WsSickLs6
Yeah, that'll be a big BS flag there...

I'll meet Joey one day to prove otherwise...
no BS... i told you this story once before. we were driving down the road, a BRAND new GT came strolling by, and it wasn't stock either... i actually thought it was a saleen or roush, maybe it was, just debadged.. it had the body kit of one, some fancy wheels, a real good looking car, pretty loud too, he def. had exhaust on the thing.

they started revving at us at every light, then later down the road we took them out 2 times, both from about a 10 mph roll right off the light.

your just in denial because you work at a damned ford stealership
Old 08-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1bad71
josh, i'll take pics of the gto for you!! nothing like a masive backfire to split the intake in two and set it on fire!!! also bowed out the front fenders and the fuel rails.
yeah, heard about that...That's unfortunate...

I'll make sure to tune before i lay the big pills in her...
Old 08-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Banned

are you implying that you bought a mustang? i hope not lol
Old 08-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1bad71
josh, i'll take pics of the gto for you!! nothing like a masive backfire to split the intake in two and set it on fire!!! also bowed out the front fenders and the fuel rails.

sounds like that yellow ZO6 that backfired off the light at the track, burnt down the whole front half of the car
Old 08-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NBMgreg
no BS... i told you this story once before. we were driving down the road, a BRAND new GT came strolling by, and it wasn't stock either... i actually thought it was a saleen or roush, maybe it was, just debadged.. it had the body kit of one, some fancy wheels, a real good looking car, pretty loud too, he def. had exhaust on the thing.

they started revving at us at every light, then later down the road we took them out 2 times, both from about a 10 mph roll right off the light.

your just in denial because you work at a damned ford stealership
Would that be the grayish one that looks pretty nice???? I raced that car with my TA too, and the outcome was me by a supertanker...

But...Don't make assumptions based on one tools driving skills...Give it to a more capable driver, and the outcome will change...Joey's car and a stock GT are a good matchup though, slight edge to the GT...
Old 08-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Banned

???? it was silver... and it was auto, so the driver mod was not needed.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Banned

are you implying that you bought a mustang? i hope not lol
What the **** is your problem??? Why not grow up a little bit and show some appreciation to cars other than Fbodies...There are other options out there...I respect anything that is fast, whether it be a DSM, SRT-4, Evo, Old *****, Or even a VW...

What I buy is my decision...Quit being a ******* toolbox
Old 08-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Banned

???? it was silver... and it was auto, so the driver mod was not needed.
Auto and manual are two different things with the mustangs... Still a car in the 13's in good air though
Old 08-21-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes i was at the pavillions saturday night. i was parked between a 97 red WS6 formula and a white 99? trans am
Old 08-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Banned

What the **** is your problem??? Why not grow up a little bit and show some appreciation to cars other than Fbodies...There are other options out there...I respect anything that is fast, whether it be a DSM, SRT-4, Evo, Old *****, Or even a VW...

What I buy is my decision...Quit being a ******* toolbox
i have no problem with mustangs... but even YOU said yourself, they are behind in terms of performance... you said they are equivalent to an LT1, a car that is 11 years old, which you are correct, and you say LT1's are slow, so that means the new GT's are slow.

and im not saying my car is fast, my car is FAR from fast... but i dont give a damn.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Banned

Yeah, they're a little behind the LS1 Fbody...

They are affordable though, and that's what makes them the #1 selling sports car period...24k for 300hp, and a pretty nice car overall...Nothing else even comes close, just look at the competition

I also think that my car is pretty well priced for what you get...27k for it isn't too bad...I would still prefer the Evo for performance and upgradability, but the comfort/luxury is what sold me...

LS1 cars are probably one of the best bang for the buck cars that I can think of...Nothing beats the look of a LS1 TA, nothing outperforms it for the money...It's a damn good car...

BTW, i was just testing you...I'm not actually mad at you or anything, just wanted to see what your reaction was...

I love you Greg...
Old 08-21-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
yes i was at the pavillions saturday night. i was parked between a 97 red WS6 formula and a white 99? trans am
Haha. I saw you there. Whoa!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Banned

**** I feel like **** my nose has a horrible rash from using like 2 boxes of tissues my eyes are all watery and I have a soar throat ugh

people have different tastes I personally dont like the look of the 98-02 camaros they are fast as hell but they just dont do it for me not saying that I wont buy one but I would prefer a trans am if I do get a fouth gen and I dont like fords but that is just me and my personal opinion. I mean you can be gay and not like thirdgens I mean some people just roll that way jk. The main reason why my brothers car looks the way it is is because with a kid, a fucked up ex whose making you pay 500$ a month in child support when and **** credit it is very hard to keep a car nice and everything. Not flamin on anyone just saying. And it is his fault he should have gone to college he could have been a ******* doctor by now but stupid decisions impact you forever and I dont plan on making the same mistakes that he did. But all in all he is a good brother he has helped me out alot in life and lead me in the right way well really my whole family in general but hes making sure that I dont end up like him

well......

Old 08-21-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah you probably did, i was wearing a white Trans am T shirt
Old 08-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Banned

LOL @ seeing Seal...
Old 08-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Banned

Yeah, they're a little behind the LS1 Fbody...

They are affordable though, and that's what makes them the #1 selling sports car period...24k for 300hp, and a pretty nice car overall...Nothing else even comes close, just look at the competition

I also think that my car is pretty well priced for what you get...27k for it isn't too bad...I would still prefer the Evo for performance and upgradability, but the comfort/luxury is what sold me...

LS1 cars are probably one of the best bang for the buck cars that I can think of...Nothing beats the look of a LS1 TA, nothing outperforms it for the money...It's a damn good car...

BTW, i was just testing you...I'm not actually mad at you or anything, just wanted to see what your reaction was...

I love you Greg...
lol i know you were just kidding...

i agree, the ls1 f-bodies are probably the best bang for the buck modding cars right now, 10k gets a damned good condition LS1 with low miles, and the aftermarket support is good.

next i would have to say the 03-04 cobra's are the second best bang for the buck MODDING cars, 21k gets a nice one, and 2k worth of mods gets you 500rwhp...

as for new cars, ya the GT's are nice, and of course sound good, but if i had a choice, i'd go with a new EVO any day, they are just kick *** cars any way you look at them.

i think my next car will either be a used evo 8, or a 03/04 cobra, or maybe a VERY nice low milage firehawk or something, SOM in color

of course that wont be for a very long time, im still enjoying my LS1
Old 08-21-2006, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

**** the rain
**** sign language

The Chumscrubber FTW

Footlong Double Meat Turkey Breast and Ham on Wheat with Lettuce Tomato and Mustard FTMFW!!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Banned

Well...I'll be purchasing a new car between thursday and september 10th...I just happen to know something before everyone else...
Old 08-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Banned

Mustard FTL...

Quick Reply: Phoenix F,Y, GTO & Truck Bodies FTMFW! *Week 14*