Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Fresno,Ca Dyno Day & BBQ Method Motor Works

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fresno,Ca Dyno Day & BBQ Method Motor Works

11 open slots guys kinda short notice a couple of days away but figured id post it up

Dyno Info:
Date: Saturday, September 2nd 2006
Time: 10:00am - 6:30pm
Location: Method Motor Works. 5591 W. Barstow Ave, Fresno, CA 93722
IPB Image Price: $35. The entry fee will get you two dyno runs, back to back without Air/Fuel readout. It also includes your food & drinks. Method charges $60 for 3 pulls w/o A/F and $80 for 3 pulls w/ A/F on a regular basis. So $35 is a bargain. I encourage you to take advantage to this killer deal!
IPB Image Details: We will start strapping cars to the dyno at 10:30am sharp. So if you're participating, please be on at MMW at 10:00. We will be having a Dyno challenge with prizes. High HP in your class will win back your entry fee, so your eats and run will be FREE.
No belly aching about the classes folks. Not everyone can win. There will be 4 classes; 2.99L & under NA, 2.99L & under w/ one power adder, 3.0L & over N/A, 3.0L & over w/ one power adder.
IPB Image Rules & Restrictions: All the cars strapped to the dyno will have to be in perfect working condition. This means, no oil or coolant leaks. No check engine lights, etc. If your car doesn't meet there requirements, we will be force to have you sit out on this event. No refunds will be given. Thanks for your corporation.

BBQ Info:
IPB Image Date: Saturday, September 2nd 2006
IPB Image Time: 10:30am - 6:00pm
IPB Image Location: Method Motor Works. 5591 W. Barstow Ave, Fresno, CA 93722
IPB Image Activities: Bring your cameras for perfect photo/video opportunities.
IPB Image Price: $5 per person for food.
IPB Image Food details: We will be offering, Hot-dogs, soda, etc.

Misc info:

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image Method only has enough parking for the Dyno participants. If you plan on coming to the BBQ only and plan on watching the festivities. Then you need to park on the street. Remember, this is just a fun get together to enjoy each other company, check out the cars and for some, to find out a little something about their car. I would like everyone who is interested to dyno, but if you don't choose to, come on out anyway. Please bring chairs and something to shade yourself with, is possible. I have a couple EX-UP's I'll be bringing to ease the heat.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image Everyone is invited, so don't be shy. Family, relatives, friends, non-members of FSR, everyone. Even the n00bs!

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image If you have any ideas on how we can make this day more enjoyable, please let us know. Please PM me with any questions, concerns, or suggestions. Thanks!

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image As most of you know, MMW is NOT OPEN on SAT or SUN, so this will require him to open, prepare the shop and close which cost $$$. This is just a "run what you brung" event for entertainment/bragging rights. This should be a nice way to hang out, eat and check out each others ride(s) on the dyno. Bench racers need not apply. tongue.gif

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image For those people who have just a few mods or none at all, this is a great opportunity to get a cheap baseline run on your car so you have a clear gauge to determine if this upgrade or that upgrade actually worked.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image This event would be a nice alternative to the "car shows" and BBQ's @ Woodward.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image [size=4]Proceeds from this event will be donated to the Fresno Police Officers Association (FPOA) in trust for Officer Brian Nieto and his family. Officer Nieto was shot in the line of duty during a traffic stop. These fund will be distributed to his family by FPOA to ease their financial burden during this trying time. I have already contacted FPOA and spoke with the community liaison. FPOA stated they would be appreciative of any donation made by MMW and FSR and would be more than happy to disburse any funds received to Officer Nieto and his family.

Dyno Attendees: ( It's imperative that you reserve your spot by pre-pay'ing to participate in the dyno activities. If you don't plan on participating, then please don't RSVP this list. Leave the spot open for soemone who want's to participate. We only have 25 spots, so reserve quickly. If we don't get at least 15 people to pre-pay before the event? The event will be cancelled and the people that had already paid, will receive a refund. All payments must be made at least 1 week before the event date. Contact me by PM or call Method Motor Works @ 559.275.7640 about payment details.)

The following people have paid to reserve their spot for the Dyno Day!
[font=times]
01. 2/3rdsCobra (Mazda Miata)
02. GSR_Boi (Honda Civic)
03. f-body2n4gen (Chev. Camaro)
04. DC52NV (Acura TL)
05. Dizope (66 Impala)
06. Dave (70 Nova w/ nitrous)
07. Josh (69 Camero w/ nitrous)
08. Ricky (4.6 Mustang)
09. Eternal_Gamer (Mazda RX-7 Turbo)
10. Spoolin7 (Mazda RX-7 Turbo)
11. Type-x (Turbo Civic)