Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

LS1 Shops in ARIZONA!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:58 PM
7 Second Club

Received 303 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by NBMgreg
maybe the reason they are putting out the highest numbers because of how they have there dyno setup, if you know what i mean
Sorry, they use several independent dyno shops for testing so that no funny business happens, but what would I know about it. Dynojets are also very foolproof when compared to a mustang dyno.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NBMgreg
maybe the reason they are putting out the highest numbers because of how they have there dyno setup, if you know what i mean

pro-muffler FTW!!! lol
They don't have their own dyno.

They have also been getting very good track times as well
Old 10-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Banned

then hooray for az power and sound!!
Old 10-06-2006, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tha joker
arizona power and sound....period..
the exhaust system is no problem,if you want a custom built exhaust thats no problem either....the only horror stories youll hear about AZPS is the horror from shitting your pants at the power you get when you leave the shop...

they are putting out the highest numbers around,just look at any of the cars that come out of there...
lol, w/e

--Edit-- I suppose I should clarify, I'm not trying to discourage everyone from going to Mike's shop, I'm just saying I personally wouldn't go back there due to a customer service issue I had with them, and from what I've heard about some questionable installs. I suppose if you had no prior experience with them, and only knew about their dyno numbers and happy customers, it might be a different story. Chances are you'll be satisfied with their work, but if you aren't, just know you're not alone. (Shrug)

I hope that makes it sound more balanced and non-biased.

Last edited by Azhigher; 10-06-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Banned

PM me or Silver, We do the majority of the work on the west side for a lot og F-body owners down here.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:39 AM
Teching In

Default Shops

What happend to the good old do it yourself shop called home. I am going to be installing a set of Dynatech headers (once I get a free weekend) soon. Exhaust install should not be to difficult to try on your own. Well good luck.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, wherever you go, don't go to Basko Engine Svcs ltd.

Unless you want your car down for 10 months and have them put a bad lifter tray back into a totally rebuilt motor and then not warranty it at all.

/happened to me
//they also failed to diagnose a bent rod until after I bought the parts for the rotating assy, so I had to pay basically double what a crate engine would have cost
///oh yeah and then pay for it again because of the lifter tray thing.
////did I mention that they threw one of my lifter sets into the garbage once?
////oh yeah did I mention 10 months of downtime because they don't get off their asses and do the work? That garbage can incident happened 3 weeks after they supposedly "started" work on installing the cam.

AAAAAAAAAArrgh!
Old 10-07-2006, 03:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chuck01
What happend to the good old do it yourself shop called home. I am going to be installing a set of Dynatech headers (once I get a free weekend) soon. Exhaust install should not be to difficult to try on your own. Well good luck.
I'm with you man. Bring the West Side crew some beer and they can hook you up with damn near anything you need!
Old 10-07-2006, 04:23 AM
Banned

Bad experiences travel much further than the good, and that's a statistic that nobody can argue with...You have a bad trip, you'll tell 20 people...You have a good experience, and you tell 3 people...

They may have stepped on your toes once, and that's ok...It's business...You probably grinded them up over nothing, and the easiest way to handle it is to just cut your losses and move on...

The good outweigh the bad with these guys...from my experience, i've been treated very well...Except one time when i got some misinformation on a labor quote, but that was almost a year ago...

Quick Reply: LS1 Shops in ARIZONA!