Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

12 point ticket

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
i might of said the same **** if hadnt got ticketed a few weeks ago by some ******* cop, of course it wouldve made more sense to drive calm, but sometimes you just cant resist

if you knew you were breaking the law, it can't be much of a surprise if you're caught and charged for doing it

took a while..but i finally learned that.

i'll still drive like an *** sometimes, but i'm well aware it's the wrong thing to do
Old 10-08-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NICKZ28
Theres an easy solution to all of this.....don't drive like an idiot on the street in the first place
honestly i hate people that say stupid ish like that. . DUH it is true but still like you have NEVER in your life EVER done that!@!!?? everyone has at least once . .!!!! common even my grandma speeds. .
Old 10-08-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

guys i know it was stupid but the guy was an *** hole and tried to write me up for my detector and other things...i just can not afford an 18 point ticket....please help?........
Old 10-08-2006, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

Contact a lawyer. Just don't hire yet.

I have a friend going through something similiar.
I will get the contact info for you as soon as I can for the lawyer he spoke with. Denver area is all I know right now.
I will talk with him tomorrow when I get home from work and try to get back with you.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This won't help you now but maybe in the future: keep a voice recorder in your car. Tigerdirect sells them for less than $30 and they also function as a flash drive and MP3 player.

So, next time you get pulled over, you mention all the details about the infraction while recording. For example, "You're pulling me over for revving my engine and spinning my tires? Was there a car next to me that I was going to race?" You are not trying to catch the cop in a lie per se, but documenting the incident since people's memories fade/change (like when you get to court and the cop mentions there was another car...).

It helped me out in a traffic accident so I'm sure it would help in a situation such as this.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
This won't help you now but maybe in the future: keep a voice recorder in your car. Tigerdirect sells them for less than $30 and they also function as a flash drive and MP3 player.

So, next time you get pulled over, you mention all the details about the infraction while recording. For example, "You're pulling me over for revving my engine and spinning my tires? Was there a car next to me that I was going to race?" You are not trying to catch the cop in a lie per se, but documenting the incident since people's memories fade/change (like when you get to court and the cop mentions there was another car...).

It helped me out in a traffic accident so I'm sure it would help in a situation such as this.

unfortunately there does not need to be another car for it to be contest for speed or demonstration of speed in colorado, i got the same bull **** a year ago, just contact a lawyer and hire them if needed
Old 10-09-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

how would i go about contacting a lawyer? and how did it go for you mike?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

it went well, we had a family friend that was a lawyer, the mine got completely dropped because i had two witnesses agreeing with my story compared to the single cop
Old 10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

think that would work for me?! because i did have three friends in the car next to me....
Old 10-09-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RICEBURNER
think that would work for me?! because i did have three friends in the car next to me....
What a tool u are. So there was another car next to you. Thats why you are in this situation, not because of the ******* cop, because you wanted to either show off or race the car next to you. Take you 18 point ticket and learn from the hefty fines and insurance increases that you will get.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brad8266
What a tool u are. So there was another car next to you. Thats why you are in this situation, not because of the ******* cop, because you wanted to either show off or race the car next to you. Take you 18 point ticket and learn from the hefty fines and insurance increases that you will get.
dude get fucked, he's askin for help not to be ridiculed
Old 10-09-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

it may, pm me and ill give you some tips, but be sure to get in contact with a good lawyer soon
Old 10-09-2006, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Get a lawyer bottom line. Otherwise you risk losing your license. They are starting to really crack down on this stuff, all the 2 fast 2 furious **** is getting old. Judges are not digging it at all. No one here can give you proper legal advice, so seek a lawyer as different states laws are different then ours in California.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 94z28L
dude get fucked, he's askin for help not to be ridiculed
Anyway, what the hell does he expect?? Isnt it obvious that since he fucked up that hes gonna get a ticket. if he wants to fight it get a lawyer. I wasnt being a dick, what i said was far from that. By the way I did get fucked last night too by wifie.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 12 point ticket

Riceburner I sent you a PM....make sure you read it.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

good luck bro.... i agree with everyone else get in contact with a laywer asap
Old 10-13-2006, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

good luck, but your best choice is to extend your court dates
Old 10-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Banned

in the state of COLORADO the statutes say that if you are reving your engine or spinning your tires as if ingaging in a street race you are automatically grouped under the contest of speed section. however i went to the intersction of incodence and took pictures and noticed that there were no tread marks. could this help me in any way?....and i had just had a new clutch installed a little before this happened...would i be able to use that as argument as well?

You couldn't, but a lawyer might be able to. A cop has no clue what the hell is going on in your mind when he sees you driving down the road man, and judges know this, that's why cops must prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I see a lawyer getting a plea bargain for you. Most likely dropping the racing and pleading guilty to speeding. You really need to get rid of a 12 pointer dude, or you're f'ed.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joblo1978
You couldn't, but a lawyer might be able to. A cop has no clue what the hell is going on in your mind when he sees you driving down the road man, and judges know this, that's why cops must prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I see a lawyer getting a plea bargain for you. Most likely dropping the racing and pleading guilty to speeding. You really need to get rid of a 12 pointer dude, or you're f'ed.

ennnhhhh cops dont have to prove anything accept probable cause....the state attorney proves reasonable doubt,

like most of the guys said....you can go get a lawyer and maybe get some of the points off...but you have no one to blame but yourself, if your state statue defines exactly what YOU did wrong...its just your fault
Old 10-20-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

i realize its my fault but i need to keep some points....thats all im worried about if i get some points and fines that fine. i just CAN NOT lose my licence!

Quick Reply: 12 point ticket