34.21%
haddad motorsports inglewood
65.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Haddad or Strictly for turbo build?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006 | 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

anymore feedback from either shop? Keep it coming.
Old 10-18-2006 | 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i am sorry you had a bad experience with the dyno shop,but on the other issue i did not know i was being pay'd to diagnose the car that you put together in youre garrage....and i told you we should go back to my shop so we could diagnose it for free so we would not get racked up dyno time for nothing ....sorry i was late...i gess that is what you are really mad about because there is not any thing else to get mad about..by the way i herd that you fixed it and had nothing but problems everywhere else you went,and then you sold it what happend.
What wrong with "putting" it together in the garage instead of paying a shop? By "putting" it together, all I did was install all parts I ordered. I didn't want to go back to the shop because I didn't want you to touch my valvetrain, especially we knew it wasn't that. I figured I would leave before anything got majorly messed up. Also you told a buddy we sent out there a while back to do the SAME thing that you wanted to do to my car, shim the rods. The funny thing is, that bottom end had never come out of the car, it would have been impossible for that to be the problem. I guess I am mad because of bad service at the dyno shop, you being late twice, and a professional tuner not being able to recognize a ******* coil pack gone wrong.

For the record, the car is running fine. Ask the Ryne, Will, and who ever else was in Temecula a few weeks ago. Its in my garage right now. Get your story straight.
Old 10-18-2006 | 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1320Kid
What wrong with "putting" it together in the garage instead of paying a shop? By "putting" it together, all I did was install all parts I ordered. I didn't want to go back to the shop because I didn't want you to touch my valvetrain, especially we knew it wasn't that. I figured I would leave before anything got majorly messed up. Also you told a buddy we sent out there a while back to do the SAME thing that you wanted to do to my car, shim the rods. The funny thing is, that bottom end had never come out of the car, it would have been impossible for that to be the problem. I guess I am mad because of bad service at the dyno shop, you being late twice, and a professional tuner not being able to recognize a ******* coil pack gone wrong.

For the record, the car is running fine. Ask the Ryne, Will, and who ever else was in Temecula a few weeks ago. Its in my garage right now. Get your story straight.
The Car does run hard!
Old 10-18-2006 | 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

Well its pretty simple, count how many problems strictly has had, and count how many problems Haddad has had. I know which won would be the winner. Mind you there are alot of people who havent chimmed in, including my friend myws6istheshiznit. He has an STS kit, and from what he said he would NEVER bring his car back to strictly. I have only met Rob once, thought his shop was ok, and noticed alot of FI cars there. However Haddad does my work and my tuning, and they are stand up mechanics and very honest. Something you dont see very often.
Old 10-18-2006 | 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

but let me get this straight.....Mike is tunning LSx cars..."?" ...or is Goerge....? doing the tunning....?
just asking because by all these statements...it seems Goerge has had very little experience tunning....and I only say this because just a couple of months ago he had someone else doing his own tunning...
In my book...Both Mike and Rob are cool guys....but both have had run-ins with people I know.....(1320kid)=Rob & (NastyZ)=Mike
That's why I didn't VOTE!
Old 10-18-2006 | 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damit Chris stop being neutral, that's JD's job!
Old 10-18-2006 | 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol.....
Old 10-18-2006 | 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Flash99
Well its pretty simple, count how many problems strictly has had, and count how many problems Haddad has had. I know which won would be the winner. Mind you there are alot of people who havent chimmed in, including my friend myws6istheshiznit. He has an STS kit, and from what he said he would NEVER bring his car back to strictly. I have only met Rob once, thought his shop was ok, and noticed alot of FI cars there. However Haddad does my work and my tuning, and they are stand up mechanics and very honest. Something you dont see very often.

yes i did have some problems with strictly and rob did the right thing on part of the issues. i dont really have a problem with strictly's work. rob tuned the **** out of my car and it moves! i just had a problem with his dyno guys overcharging me. and i feel that the customer service kinda sucked but customer service wont make your car haul *** either. i have never had work done at haddad but i hear alot of good things.
as far as the building your car in the garage deal goes thats how i did mine and i really dont have any problems to speak of.
thanks! thats my 2 cents!
Old 10-18-2006 | 10:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Juiced
Damit Chris stop being neutral, that's JD's job!
so true
Old 10-18-2006 | 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
so true
ALRIGHT THEN.......**** THEM BOTH!
J/K..........................................
Old 10-18-2006 | 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

I trust what jason says he knows his **** and has helped me a lot, and I will be using Rob to tune my car/help me do it(I like to learn too) pretty soon when it gets back out here from IL.
Old 10-19-2006 | 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not to many people have a lot of experience tuning locally. I think charlie from a&a is the only guy that really has a good bead on it. I think more people should invest the time into learning how to tune on their own. I did it and have been tuning for 5 years now with decent results. There is nothing wrong with building your car at home if you have the right tools and know what to do. We have built some very quick cars in our garages.

As far as these two shops haddad is the only one I would trust to do work. I recently had a friend get some work done there and had good prices and a good experience. I do all my own work so I can't talk from experience with my own car. I have worked on tuning and mechanical problems from robs shop. Wasn't very impressed with a tune that the car could barely spin the tires in first gear. I hear lots of grand plans from that shop but no finished results.

As far as that 800rwhp dyno queen... lol. That thing had a 427ci and a blower and still ran like ****. I think mid to high tens is what I saw with a weak 60ft. We made harrys car run faster with a much lower rwhp number and full interior. A stock 6.0l gasket can handle a 250 shot. The reason you blew the gaskets is you are probably running one of the old style plates with uneven distribution. We did a lot of work on harry's nitrous system to make sure it worked the first time. May want to hook up the plate with the motor and elbow off to see how it is distributing.
Old 10-19-2006 | 08:32 AM
Staging Lane

I have heard many good things about charlie from A&A but Haddad put a H/C Corvette on his dyno and had to clean up Charlie's tune quite a bit. I am not putting down charlie, but more putting down A&A's equipment. Their dyno is not a tuning tool at all but just a machine to measure HP. Haddad has a load cell dyno which can hold the car at any rpm at any throttle position and never have to worry about tire spin or how the car got strapped down. Haddad's dyno is far superior for tuning, making it easier for the tuner to get a good tune on the car. A&A's dyno is more of a guess and test. Might as well just make passes down an open road and tune it on the street with a wideband instead of wasting your money on a roller dyno tune IMO.
Old 10-19-2006 | 12:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by that240guy
I have heard many good things about charlie from A&A but Haddad put a H/C Corvette on his dyno and had to clean up Charlie's tune quite a bit. I am not putting down charlie, but more putting down A&A's equipment. Their dyno is not a tuning tool at all but just a machine to measure HP. Haddad has a load cell dyno which can hold the car at any rpm at any throttle position and never have to worry about tire spin or how the car got strapped down. Haddad's dyno is far superior for tuning, making it easier for the tuner to get a good tune on the car. A&A's dyno is more of a guess and test. Might as well just make passes down an open road and tune it on the street with a wideband instead of wasting your money on a roller dyno tune IMO.
george lara, or mike haddad cleaned up charlies tune . charlie has tuned all my cars, including my vette, that at the time had a 408 with a 253-262 on 112lsa cam, it loped hard, but it drove like a ***** cat on a street. to me that car was hard to tune. george lara ,or mike haddad have no where the abilities he has right now has a tuner, for the shear fact that he has done it longer, plus he is a electrical/mechanical engineer by trade. as far as dyno being a tuning tool, that dyno is only used to get the final number, a WOT a/f correct, he road tunes the rest of the time.
Old 10-19-2006 | 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Hey there is a company in Temecula that is teaching tuning... it was in GMHTP a few months ago.. sounds like some of you guys should just go learn there and tune your own **** if you dont like certain people..
Old 10-19-2006 | 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

what company is this????
Old 10-19-2006 | 02:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by strokedls1
Not to many people have a lot of experience tuning locally. I think charlie from a&a is the only guy that really has a good bead on it. I think more people should invest the time into learning how to tune on their own. I did it and have been tuning for 5 years now with decent results. There is nothing wrong with building your car at home if you have the right tools and know what to do. We have built some very quick cars in our garages.

As far as these two shops haddad is the only one I would trust to do work. I recently had a friend get some work done there and had good prices and a good experience. I do all my own work so I can't talk from experience with my own car. I have worked on tuning and mechanical problems from robs shop. Wasn't very impressed with a tune that the car could barely spin the tires in first gear. I hear lots of grand plans from that shop but no finished results.

As far as that 800rwhp dyno queen... lol. That thing had a 427ci and a blower and still ran like ****. I think mid to high tens is what I saw with a weak 60ft. We made harrys car run faster with a much lower rwhp number and full interior. A stock 6.0l gasket can handle a 250 shot. The reason you blew the gaskets is you are probably running one of the old style plates with uneven distribution. We did a lot of work on harry's nitrous system to make sure it worked the first time. May want to hook up the plate with the motor and elbow off to see how it is distributing.
i geuss you did not read the article,so let me put it out there for you ...stock ci stock crank not a 427 unless you have come up with some kind of other calculation that we do not know of..and as far as it running mid to high 10s read a little farther 9.80 at palmdale ....and it drives the la area on a daily bases....just so you know....oh and you are right it would not 60ft for **** and still ran better than anything i have seen you in...the car has no cage and full unlightend body..

Last edited by SP Motorsports; 10-19-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-19-2006 | 03:02 PM
Launching!

Just take it to autozone and be done with it!
Old 10-19-2006 | 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROB55
i geuss you did not read the article,so let me put it out there for you ...stock ci stock crank not a 427 unless you have come up with some kind of other calculation that we do not know of..and as far as it running mid to high 10s read a little farther 9.80 at palmdale ....and it drives the la area on a daily bases....just so you know....oh and you are right it would not 60ft for **** and still ran better than anything i have seen you in...the car has no cage and full unlightend body..
Rob was this the same car jason was driving at Perris? That thing was an animal if it was, too bad the track doesn't have more stopping distance i would have loved to see it make a full pass.
Old 10-19-2006 | 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a buddy who tunes awesome and he's local. He just went into buisness over here around a year ago.....Excelsior Motorsports near Harley Davidson's. You guys should check out his web page, http://www.excelsiormotorsports.com/ he does all my tunning.

Quick Reply: Haddad or Strictly for turbo build?