Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

AZ FI Fbodies?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 02:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question AZ FI Fbodies?

I have an 00 WS.6 and planning on going FI. Currently I'm trying to choose between going with a PTK, STS or Procharger. I know I'd be okay emissions wise with the Procharger however if I instead chose to go with any of the Turbo setups I just mentioned, would that make me fail emissions? Any comments or advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks...
Old 11-01-2006, 08:42 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are OBDII, all they check here in AZ is your DTC codes and they do a visual inspection to make sure your AIR/EGR/Cats/whatever else is installed. I passed emissions 2 days after swapping engines, with hollowed out cats, and a crappy tune that made me stall when I idled the truck forward. As long as you tune out the necessary emissions codes and still have the required equipment installed you'll be fine.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd go with the procharger, especially if you are getting into FI and wanting to pass emissions. It'll let you grow from a basic 6-7psi to all out street/strip killer.

Google up SDCE and look up their 8 rib D1-SC set up. You will get no belt slip and will allow you to make big power when you are ready for it. Step up to a FMIC as well, as the twins are generally inefficient at higher boost/power levels.

J
Old 11-01-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thunder550
If you are OBDII, all they check here in AZ is your DTC codes and they do a visual inspection to make sure your AIR/EGR/Cats/whatever else is installed. I passed emissions 2 days after swapping engines, with hollowed out cats, and a crappy tune that made me stall when I idled the truck forward. As long as you tune out the necessary emissions codes and still have the required equipment installed you'll be fine.
Cool... So just to verify, seeing as I am OBDII if I ran a PTK and still had everything hooked up i.e. AIR/EGR/Cats and not throwing any codes I'd pass correct? Sorry for the silly questions, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what I can do and what I can't do emissions wise in Az because the last time my car was emissioned in Az it was in 05 and the car was stock.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:11 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by Zeke34
Cool... So just to verify, seeing as I am OBDII if I ran a PTK and still had everything hooked up i.e. AIR/EGR/Cats and not throwing any codes I'd pass correct? Sorry for the silly questions, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what I can do and what I can't do emissions wise in Az because the last time my car was emissioned in Az it was in 05 and the car was stock.
Correct, it's just a scan and a visual. No sniffer test.

When I went they didn't even look underneath to see if I still had cats, and they didn't blink at the supercharger. No questions asked of me.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Hell Yeah!!! Thank you very much for your help, I'm so glad I kept my car registered in Arizona even though I'm now stationed in California. Take care...
Old 11-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Banned

Out of the three, go Procharger IMO.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:45 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by Zeke34
Hell Yeah!!! Thank you very much for your help, I'm so glad I kept my car registered in Arizona even though I'm now stationed in California. Take care...
Glad to be of help

Quick Reply: AZ FI Fbodies?