Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck on the fight~!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

That is the Maximum allowed limit that the ticket can cost in court. Chances are, your first violation, depending on your age and your attitude when you show up, it won't be as bad as you think. Just try your best not to rub anyone's fur the wrong way when you go there, and you should be okay.

Whatever happens, let us know!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

look into a "trial by declaration" i have won a few cases this way.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:47 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dementia
Another trick that I've heard about but never bothered trying is to reschedule your court date. The cop that issued your ticket is givin that day off for court appearances. Call them and say you have prior arrangements that you absolutely cannot cancel and get them to give you another court date. Hopefully its a day that the cop is on the streets and he wont show up to the new court date.
Sorry but that's the oldest most retarded wives tale... The court date is scheduled AROUND THE COP'S SCHEDULE... So unless the cop DECIDES not to show up (which happens) or has some other emergency the DAY he's supposed to be there (otherwise the would cancel in advance) then he or she will be there.

A lot of times the cop will have multiple cases that day (if he is a bike cop that just passes out tickets like water for example) because, again, they schedule the cases around the cop's schedule.

Originally Posted by baesvt
I got one of those five years ago in San Diego. They call it "exhibition of speed" and it is a misdemeanor. I hired a guy known as Mr. Ticket and he got it dropped.

I'm an attorney now, and believe me when I say, the DA will cut a deal almost 100% of the time when an attorney walks in on something like this. The traffic division of the DA is loaded down with cases, and most of the time the deputy DAs just want the cases gone. You probably won't even need to go into court; your attorney will take care of it for you.
I would DEFINETLY get a lawyer and even go further with it and throw it back against the cop for giving you a ticket involving "SPEED" when your actions did NOT (should have been a wreckless driving at best)...
Old 11-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Teching In

OK, you have a few options here.

A) Pay the ticket
B) Postpone the court date over and over again
C) Get a Lawyer

K, if you go with option A you HAVE to goto traffic school to get it off of your record no if's and's or buts

option B it's really a coin toss knowing if the officer will decide to show up or not if he doesn't than mostlikely it won't stick and there is no traffic school. But if the officer does show up he you will have to either try and fight it or eat the bullet on this and still have to go with traffic school with a slim chance sepending on how nice the judge is on pleading on a lower dollar amount

Option C, if you get a good enough lawyer theres a good chance that the cop won't show up or will be able to fight it and win. Still the off chacne you loose than we bassically go back to the end of option B and you have to pay a more money just cuz now you have to pay the court, for trying to fight the ticket, the ticket, the lawyer and the traffic school.

I personally think going with the lawyer and postponing the case is the best way to go. From my experience and most of my car club buddys experiences, cops are lying ******** and will do anything to make the ticket stand.

Example San Fernando Court House. Some kid in a bran new Audi TT Quattro was accused of fishtailing the car. Keep in mind the car is less than a week old and bone stock. As most of us know just about anything AWD will not fishtial w/o an absurd amont of aftermarket power and even than it's damn near impossible. Any how the kid brought in all the paperwork on the cars computer systems, traction contral, and all wheel drive system proving than in no way possible for this car to do such a manuver and just because the cop said that he was a cop for 20 + years and he saw the car supposedly do this the judge sided with the cop. I'm sorry that a crock of ****. So my money is on get a good lawyer.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Veteran

tell the judge you were heating up the tires before racing him.

the judge will understand
Old 11-05-2006, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Is exhibition of speed a misdemeanor 23109(c) ?
I just got one of these. I hit on a street from 15 MPH but did not exceed the speed limit (car did'nt peel out either thanks to the D/R's), but the officer worte down 40 as approx. speed and the speed limit was 35, which is BS. I didn't even get to 30 before I cut it off.

Bad thing is a couple of months ago this same cop cited me for running a stop sign on a none busy road at 3:00 am, as I was going to work. So I fought this one, and he showed up, he told the judge he didn't remember what happened so the judge dismissed it. Outside the court house he said, I'll get you next time.
This time cop said that he recognized, I told him I live in town, and he mentioned that he was the officer that I went to court with, and the reason they dismissed the last ticket was because he didn't remember what had happened but that he'll remember this one.

Anyone know of a good lawyer in Kern County?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
tell the judge you were heating up the tires before racing him.

the judge will understand
You sure are helping this thread out arent you? Oh well, at least you have given me a few good laughs.

I honestly dont know what to do. I am guilty of doing a burnout, I did one, I got caught, I know it. I just dont think I should have gotten such a harsh fine. I dont want to end up hiring a lawyer and losing the case and ending up having to pay more. Because I got the ticket in another state, will it go on my record in california and raise my insurance? I may just end up paying this ticket and just leave it at that unless I stand a strong chance in court. Anyone know any good lawyers in Vegas? There has to be a ton out there
Old 11-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure Arizona and Cali share information.... Most connecting states do let alone two that know it's residents travel back and forth for entertainment/tourism. In other words YES, unfortunately it will probably go on your record and raise your rates. FIGHT IT !
Old 11-07-2006, 02:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would fight it. I would say 7-10 times when you go through the hassle of highering a lawyer they will either reduce the ticket or just drop it. I have sat in on many court rooms and thats what i noticed. Hope this helps
Old 11-07-2006, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

Speed contest and exibition of speed are two way dif tickets! you got exibition couple hundred.. speed contest with i had before about 1200 sux but your good bro
Old 11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Speed contest and exibition of speed are two way dif tickets! you got exibition couple hundred.. speed contest with i had before about 1200 sux but your good bro
I put the traffic citation code in the first post. When I looked it up, it came up with Speed Contest. Looked speed contest up and it said it was a $1130 ticket. Maybe he wrote me up for something I wasnt doing?
Old 11-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

get a LAWYER.they will get it reduced in value and points
I got the same ticket, if found guilty it is a 2 point violation and California has it in the same class of violation as drag racing.
my insurance tripled for 3 years.
a lawyer is 500-1000
triple your car insurance is alot more.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gmpower
Is exhibition of speed a misdemeanor 23109(c) ?
I just got one of these. I hit on a street from 15 MPH but did not exceed the speed limit (car did'nt peel out either thanks to the D/R's), but the officer worte down 40 as approx. speed and the speed limit was 35, which is BS. I didn't even get to 30 before I cut it off.

Bad thing is a couple of months ago this same cop cited me for running a stop sign on a none busy road at 3:00 am, as I was going to work. So I fought this one, and he showed up, he told the judge he didn't remember what happened so the judge dismissed it. Outside the court house he said, I'll get you next time.
This time cop said that he recognized, I told him I live in town, and he mentioned that he was the officer that I went to court with, and the reason they dismissed the last ticket was because he didn't remember what had happened but that he'll remember this one.

Anyone know of a good lawyer in Kern County?
This one is VERY VERY easy to fight just say that the cop had it for you and is lieing a good lawyer will wipe the floor just because he blurted that out
Old 11-09-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** it, find the cop and make sure he can't show up for court.

Or ignore it and never get in trouble in NV again.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Super Speed
This one is VERY VERY easy to fight just say that the cop had it for you and is lieing a good lawyer will wipe the floor just because he blurted that out
You mean I should let the lawyer know that the cop told me that he would get me later?
Old 11-10-2006, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Long Beach
I would fight it. I would say 7-10 times when you go through the hassle of highering a lawyer they will either reduce the ticket or just drop it. I have sat in on many court rooms and thats what i noticed. Hope this helps
Yep, you got to remember that the judges and lawyers in your city see each other on a regular basis, and most of them have really good working relationships.

I got a lawyer for my DUI when I was 19. I went through all the motions with the DMV and had my court date ready. The cop did show for the DMV hearings because they are mandatory, but I found it funny that he didn't show for trial on the prearranged court date. Needless to say, I felt like someone had stepped in and told him not to show. 1) He was a rookie cop, @) he seemed a little shaken up after my lawyer talked to him about some technicalities on my ticket, 3) he may have been asked by someone not to appear.

I don't know what it was but I'm sure glad things turned out the way they did.

Anyway, I definitely recommend a lawyer.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Bio Messiah
get a LAWYER.they will get it reduced in value and points
I got the same ticket, if found guilty it is a 2 point violation and California has it in the same class of violation as drag racing.
my insurance tripled for 3 years.
a lawyer is 500-1000
triple your car insurance is alot more.
I think this is wise info.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jimmard
So I was in vegas visiting a friend and leaving his house to come back to california I did a little burnout. Cop came out from a sidestreet and saw me pulling away with a little smoke (wasnt that huge of a burnout, just dropped the clutch from a stop and lit em up). Well he pulled me over and gave me an "Exhibition of Power" ticket. 14.24.060 is the NRS/County/City #.

I looked it up, violation code G, and its a $1130 ticket . Isn't that harsh? Speed Contest ticket for doing a burnout? Anyways, this is my first ticket, just wondering what I am in for and what I should expect. Court date is January 29th 2007. Do I need to get a lawyer for something like this? What are the odds of getting it reduced etc. Thanks for the help.

James
Dont wanna get your hopes up, but the cop WILL show for a ticket like that, because they get paid.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Dont wanna get your hopes up, but the cop WILL show for a ticket like that, because they get paid.
I am expecting him to show, it'd be crazy not to expect that. I'll definitely be getting a lawyer. Too bad it's all the way out in vegas, I have to find a lawyer out there. Anyone have any suggestions from out there?

Quick Reply: Got caught doing a burnout