Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

SAN DIEGO tuner ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M6HuggerSS
i think it was a MAINLINE dynolog..... and like you said.... there is NO fudge factor like all other dynos... where you can get another 10%.... this dyno corrects itself using real time weather etc... VERY NICE SET_UP.....

and about the A&A car..... he is not trying to make waves...... just stating the facts...
when the owner drove the car home back to SD.... he felt the tune wasent dead on.
i believe he ran an 11.2 before KUSHAN's tune..... and after a 50rwhp gain. the owner
was much happier with the power, and also ran a 10.8 afetrwards (i think)....
the true gains could not be denied.

he has a great skill and he has the time to do it right..... the guy is there ALL NIGHT....
and does most of his tunning around 5-9pm.

check him out. he is a GM guy.... his Z06 has had it all! 200 shot, stroker, TT, and now a forged 347 with a 300 shot. !
he also has a coustom TT being built right now..... and has a 8 sec sting ray.... that has gone 160-170 in the 1/4.
The dyno is from Mainline Automotive if anyone want's to know more about it you can do a search on Google. Kushan is a really good tunner and has gotten impressive numbers from my car, check out his site-

www.excelsiormotorsports.com
Old 01-21-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Power & Sound
Phoenix isnt that far from san diego... and its still warm out here Stop in for a tune and check out some of the shop vettes
How far is this from Tuscan?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLK02TA
How far is this from Tuscan?
Check out his website for the address and mapquest it.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

No doubt. How computer illiterate can you be.

Last edited by BigDaddyBry; 01-22-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

How much does kushan charge to tune a bolt on car(headers,true duals)?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:13 AM
10 Second Club

i think it was a MAINLINE dynolog..... and like you said.... there is NO fudge factor like all other dynos... where you can get another 10%.... this dyno corrects itself using real time weather etc... VERY NICE SET_UP.....

and about the A&A car..... he is not trying to make waves...... just stating the facts...
when the owner drove the car home back to SD.... he felt the tune wasent dead on.
i believe he ran an 11.2 before KUSHAN's tune..... and after a 50rwhp gain. the owner
was much happier with the power, and also ran a 10.8 afetrwards (i think)....
the true gains could not be denied.

he has a great skill and he has the time to do it right..... the guy is there ALL NIGHT....
and does most of his tunning around 5-9pm.

check him out. he is a GM guy.... his Z06 has had it all! 200 shot, stroker, TT, and now a forged 347 with a 300 shot. !
he also has a coustom TT being built right now..... and has a 8 sec sting ray.... that has gone 160-170 in the 1/4.
If you're happy with the job he did, that's great. But to post this in 2 threads here and hit the Corvette board with the same cheerleader crap makes you look a bit silly. You came on here asking for a referral to a tuner a few weeks ago and all the sudden the guy is god because he tuned your stock Z06 with headers? Since you took Kushans word on this A&A car, came on here bashing Charlie's tune, maybe you should have the couretsy to call Charlie confirm before you post. Trying to compare a cars results from 200+ miles away, different dyno's and frankly, you have no clue if the owner changed anything after the A&A tune do you? If you're not trying to make waves, why mention a one sided issue started by a tuner no less. It's funny how a few no name tuners suddenly are fixing Charlies tunes and finding big power from his "mistakes". I'm sure with your post you'll generate a few tunes for Kushan, yipee. Maybe he'll give you a break from his $200 an hour retune fee. Bus. must be slow to be starting this type of adv. campain.

I find it funny that Kushan could hardly remember his TT engine specs that ran 130mph in the 1/4. Been doing that since 2002 in a 346 c5 with a 100 shot. His dyno, do some research, it's a joke. But hey, Kushan told you so........

Last edited by 2c5s; 01-22-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2c5s
If you're happy with the job he did, that's great. But to post this in 2 threads here and hit the Corvette board with the same cheerleader crap makes you look a bit silly. You came on here asking for a referral to a tuner a few weeks ago and all the sudden the guy is god because he tuned your stock Z06 with headers? Since you took Kushans word on this A&A car, came on here bashing Charlie's tune, maybe you should have the couretsy to call Charlie confirm before you post. Trying to compare a cars results from 200+ miles away, different dyno's and frankly, you have no clue if the owner changed anything after the A&A tune do you? If you're not trying to make waves, why mention a one sided issue started by a tuner no less. It's funny how a few no name tuners suddenly are fixing Charlies tunes and finding big power from his "mistakes". I'm sure with your post you'll generate a few tunes for Kushan, yipee. Maybe he'll give you a break from his $200 an hour retune fee. Bus. must be slow to be starting this type of adv. campain.

I find it funny that Kushan could hardly remember his TT engine specs that ran 130mph in the 1/4. Been doing that since 2002 in a 346 c5 with a 100 shot. His dyno, do some research, it's a joke. But hey, Kushan told you so........
Kushan did re-tune on a car that Charlie tuned in the past. Kushan never said any thing negative about Charlie's tuning and thought the car ran great. All Kushan did was upgrade his customer's tune to a EFI live custom operating systems with a 2 bar map sensor, this allowed for more adjustability under boost this is probably why the vehicle was able to produce more power under boost. Kushan's only intension was to fulfill his customer's request for his custom operating systems.

I know Kushan personally and he's not the type of person that would talk **** about anyone. I think what was posted by M6uggerSS was just misunderstood and thats it. From what I've heard and read I think both Charlie and Kushan are great tuners. I personally choose Kushan to tune my car because it was more convenient for me

Last edited by JD_Z28; 01-22-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Kushan tunes all my cars!
They perform well....

Old 01-22-2007, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JD_Z28
Kushan did re-tune on a car that Charlie tuned in the past. Kushan never said any thing negative about Charlie's tuning and thought the car ran great. All Kushan did was upgrade his customer's tune to a EFI live custom operating systems with a 2 bar map sensor, this allowed for more adjustability under boost this is probably why the vehicle was able to produce more power under boost. Kushan's only intension was to fulfill his customer's request for his custom operating systems.

I know Kushan personally and he's not the type of person that would talk **** about anyone. I think what was posted by M6uggerSS was just misunderstood and thats it. From what I've heard and read I think both Charlie and Kushan are great tuners. I personally choose Kushan to tune my car because it was more convenient for me

That's cool, so the guy did change his system and a gain was made. I just think it's fair to clarify what really went on.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2c5s
That's cool, so the guy did change his system and a gain was made. I just think it's fair to clarify what really went on.
^^^ I agree every bit. Kushan is a great tuner and he's probably one of the few who tune out here in SD that know what their doing
Old 01-22-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

2C5's....

i agree that it was dumb to write about something that was hearsay. my bad.
it sounds like JD knows what really happend.... and what i thought i heard was diff.

i have no reason to make waves with anyone, im just trying to spread the word about a good tuner i found.... because im sure there are many people out there in SD or so, that could benifit from a good shop with a good tuner. thats all....

thanks again for your post... i hope i didnt **** anyone off.

gabe

and thanks JD for clearing that up about the A&A car. ill make sure i know what im talking about next time.!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Charlie, Shawn, and Kushan are all fine tuners I am sure.
I have used Charlie, he is a good guy, very knowledgeable indeed.
Very good at tuning....I have nothing bad to say about any of these guys.
And would not hesitate to use them.

But I am happy that we have another choice here is San Diego.
Aren't you guys?

Regards:
Bruce
Old 01-22-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

2C5's....

i agree that it was dumb to write about something that was hearsay. my bad.
it sounds like JD knows what really happend.... and what i thought i heard was diff.

i have no reason to make waves with anyone, im just trying to spread the word about a good tuner i found.... because im sure there are many people out there in SD or so, that could benifit from a good shop with a good tuner. thats all....

thanks again for your post... i hope i didnt **** anyone off.

gabe

and thanks JD for clearing that up about the A&A car. ill make sure i know what im talking about next time.!
Like I said they are all good tuners but for me Kushan's shop in more convenient.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like I said they are all good tuners but for me Kushan's shop in more convenient.
If I was still living off La Jolla Village Dr. and golfing at Torrey I'd be lookin' for a local tuner as well. Instead, I'm in Riverside and golfing at General Old...

Unless you golf you won't understand
Old 01-23-2007, 12:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce1
Charlie, Shawn, and Kushan are all fine tuners I am sure.
I have used Charlie, he is a good guy, very knowledgeable indeed.
Very good at tuning....I have nothing bad to say about any of these guys.
And would not hesitate to use them.

But I am happy that we have another choice here is San Diego.
Aren't you guys?

Regards:
Bruce
hey what motor do you have in your car? how much are you spraying? and whats your best time?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

^^^ I agree every bit. Kushan is a great tuner and he's probably one of the few who tune out here in SD that know what their doing
you are right he sure tune the **** out of my car
Old 01-29-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

There are several good tuners in SoCal and that is good for everyone. You have to bear in mind that tunning is a tool. You start with a baseline and you continue after modding your car to see what your gains are. If you start out with 600 on one dyno and 450 on another, I can guarantee you that you will not gain fifty more on one dyno than another for the same mod. Your gains will be similar. The only difference will be your baseline numbers. The real test is the track. I have always said, I just enjoy watching someone drag a car that makes 100 more horsepower on paper than his. Dyno queens are for kids.

Fig

Last edited by topfig1; 01-29-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Default this dyno does't LIE..........

FYI:
Excelsior Motorsports
in San Diego has state of the art chassis dyno and tuning software (EFI Live). Top of the line equipment, here in San Diego! Extremely accurate, real time results, no fudging the numbers on this machine. (Mainline Dynometer). He has shown me these results first hand when he dyno'd my cars (3 Vettes)
I am satisfied that he is accurate and has great tuning ability.

SAE corrections are not operator controlled, users of these Dyno’s can, if they so wish change the Correction Standard that is used on their Dyno’s, (there is 6 to choose from) and this would be then shown whenever a Report is Printed, so nothing is hidden from the Customer. :thumbs:

This stops a person from using one standard on a before modification Test, and then using a more generous standard on the after modification Test, the same standard will be applied to both runs.
:yesnod: I don't know about you, but I think that this is good news for us consumers!

One step ahead of the competition IMO.
I can honestly recommend him.

Bruce

(pictured below is my Z06 on the dyno)

Old 04-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
hey what motor do you have in your car? how much are you spraying? and whats your best time?
Thanks for the complements........
Yes, I squeeze.... 200-250 shot sometimes.....
How about yourself?

Bruce1
Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i had 418 in my gto, went 7.4's in 1/8th on the motor with **** short block not bad for a 4000lb car, building a 438 as i write this. my vette has 434 stroker built by charlie, shooting for 620+ wheel on th motor, of course on a dynojet, dont know on a mainline, but want to go low 10's maybe high 9's on the motor, with a possible 200+ shot at a later point.

Quick Reply: SAN DIEGO tuner ???