Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

California Invasion: Interested?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007 | 11:49 AM
Teching In

Wow. My thread got Jiggy Jacked. Thanks for the feed back and all, but all I can say is wow! Hehehe….

I appreciate the “I’m in’s”. But what I’m lacking is suggestions that will make this event great. Activities, locations or parks that could accommodate.

Over the next few weeks, a few friends and I will scout some locations, parks, etc and see what works.

I’m personally leaning toward Castaic for a BBQ/Picnic meet. Then I’d say Malibu Canyons for the Cruise. If not, Angeles Crest might make better sense since its closer.

Then the matter of whether we want this to be a two day gig or just a one day bash. We really want to make this worth the drive for our out of state guys/gals.

Do we want to make this a GM only or a domestic gig (with some Italians; westbound aka slowpoke, Heheh). This will let us include clubs/Forums like SVT forums, etc.

Summary:

Enough interest? Yes (that’s a given, lol).
Location, Dates To Be Determined.

Cool. Let me meet up with a few locals and see what can come of this.
Old 02-22-2007 | 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

ok so it IS an invasion of ourselves.. hmm

Should we call this the Polish Invasion of CA??
Old 02-22-2007 | 01:14 PM
Teching In

LOL. Forgot to address the "Invasion" part.

Yes, we are invading our selves. Polish Invasion? Is that politically correct?

The Invasion term is an attempt to group this event to the likeness of the LVBF Las Vegas Invasion.

Make sense?
Old 02-22-2007 | 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

hopefully slowpoke can be completed by then so that i wont have to take slowpoke sr.

im up for whatevers, as far as who's involved, (i know my wb guys are all gonna suggest GM vehicles only) but not to disclose decisions solely on that.
if u decide to make it all GM, all domestics, or other cars too we will still be down to support.

i would suggest make it a two day thing, in order to make it worth while for the out of staters as u mentioned.

i havent been to castiac, so wouldnt know what to compare it with, but as u've described it, the settings sounds perfect.

my oppinion on dates would be last weekend of july or first weekend august
which will allow a big enough gap between the lasvegas invasion (for ppl that cant get time off so closely) and also not too far away, so as for while we mingle at this event, we can pre-plan perhaps some clubs rolling out to vegas together.
Old 02-22-2007 | 02:05 PM
Teching In

Good call bro on the dates. You are offically on the "Set up committee". Heheh.

Cool. Its on.

......to be continued.
Old 02-22-2007 | 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

i thought i replied, but guess not. im in, as long as its after march 21 (and im sure it will be).

i dont like the idea of a day to wash the cars,then race the next day. i know that my car gets dirty at the races from the burnouts. if most of us are local then make it a 1 day thing, if theres a group from out of town, then make it a 2 day deal. any longer is just too expensive and will drag on. a 2 day thing is cool cus locals might not do both, but can do one day or the other.

day 1: wash/detail/BBQ
day 2: race/cruise

i think its lame to make it fbody only, or GM only...lets open it up. its fun to have different makes/models there as long is it stays respectful and not into a grudge match.
Old 02-22-2007 | 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

If you are going to make it a multi day event, you should centralize the events and make a deal with a hotel/motel so everybody would stay together. Thats how the impala ss guys from vegas do it and it works out real well.
Old 02-22-2007 | 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Wink

Originally Posted by fast01z28
.....as long is it stays respectful and not into a grudge match.
Have you ever seen Chevy's and Fords get together where it DIDN'T turn into a grudge match??????
Old 02-22-2007 | 05:18 PM
Banned

Ford FTW
Old 02-22-2007 | 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

I'm down! ... I'll need a PM when this gets more seriouse tho.
Old 02-22-2007 | 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z-Convert
Have you ever seen Chevy's and Fords get together where it DIDN'T turn into a grudge match??????
Thats what the track is for
Old 02-22-2007 | 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Oh yeah, I'm in!!
Old 02-22-2007 | 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

****, you guys crack me up. I'm down for July or August.
Old 02-22-2007 | 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thelastz28
****, you guys crack me up. I'm down for July or August.
Phew!,..good,...someone else said it also. July or August works for me too. I manage at a night club so from mid March to late July I'm in the club 50+ hours a week. No Life other than the club life for those months!! ... I'm planning on go'n to Rehab(club) in Vegas for a week in August tho so I'm deffinatly gonna need some dates on this thing.
Old 02-22-2007 | 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Phew!,..good,...someone else said it also. July or August works for me too. I manage at a night club so from mid March to late July I'm in the club 50+ hours a week. No Life other than the club life for those months!! ... I'm planning on go'n to Rehab(club) in Vegas for a week in August tho so I'm deffinatly gonna need some dates on this thing.

Ws6,

If this Cali invasion takes place in july, Would it be possible to have some kind of event at your club? Thats only if everyone here is interested...Just A thought
Old 02-22-2007 | 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CHELOZ28
Ws6,

If this Cali invasion takes place in july, Would it be possible to have some kind of event at your club? Thats only if everyone here is interested...Just A thought
Well,.that all depends on how many people you get involved in this and what day of the week you'd want to do it. I need to speak to the owner and GM about it but just know that I manage at a VERY large night club in Hollywood(max capasity 2,700 w/o the north wing opened). They're gonna want insentive on this. It is Hollywood afterall!

What I can suggest tho is if your numbers aren't over 400(people) you can take over a portion of the club called the Loft or maybe our Garden Terace upstairs and do it on A Saturday when the club is naturally pop'n. That way everyone can mix and mingle with the people that already come in but still have something sectioned off for em.

If that doesn't work for you I can refer you to a friend of mine who runs a smaller night club in North Hollywood (max capasity 450) or to another friend who manages another club in Hollywood(max capasity 520). Just know that the Hollywood clubs are gonna subject you to a bar garuntee at the very least. Especially if your not a Hollywood promoter!

Ex: Bar garuntee is $3,000....If the bar only makes $2,800.....YOU personally owe the bar $200. You'd need to break past the Bar Garuntee not to owe anything to the bar. And theres a contract holding you to it buddy!
Old 02-22-2007 | 07:57 PM
On The Tree

doh! nevermind
Old 02-22-2007 | 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z-Convert
i was shocked, i went to a car thing about a month ago with mostly GMs and Fords (mustangs, GTOs and some fbodies) and all i saw was that the ford guys were keeping to themselves, b ut no bad mouthing. i guess the GM guys had the upper hand since it appeared that most of the fird guys were stock, and on the GM side there were TT GTOs, an s/ced c6, and some 10 sec grand nationals.

anyways, back on subject, lets get some info going. how about having in the OC? weve got some mice areas out here.
Old 02-23-2007 | 06:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CHELOZ28
doh! nevermind
....yea,........most people don't realize this stuff! Its kinda why not everyones a promoter! lol!