Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Differential set up in San Diego?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Differential set up in San Diego?

I've got a few leads but I'd like to know of anybody here who has actually had a place in SD set up their F-body rear end.

My car had it's pinion seal replaced under warranty at 22K by the prior owner, when they put it back together they didn't set it up properly and it howls, over 65 it gets pretty annoying. Of course the prior owner for some odd reason never bitched at the dealer about it and by the time I got it the warranty was over.

Last night I heard/felt some clunking in the rear after backing out from my space at work so I think it's time to get it looked at. Tomorrow I'm going to pull the cover off and look for any obvious damage...got a bad feeling though.

I'm looking at setting it up with 4.10's and if the posi is gone I'll upgrade that as well.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Launching!

There is a place called Pro Gear.

They are located at 7948 Ronson Road, San Diego Ca. 92111.

I went there thinking that my rear was leaking. It turned out that rack and pinion was leaking. As I drove the car the steering fluid would shoot down my rear end. They checked it for free and and even added fluid. Give them a try.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hell yeah man that's what I'm talking about!

It turns out they have a website and it's exactly the kind of place I'm looking for, I'm going to swing out there and see what they have to say.

Thanks man!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Rob @ Overkill can check it out too...