Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

damn cats!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn cats!

my SES light is on and its my cats. can anyone recommend one of our sponsors or a local shop thats cheap to pick up some pacesetters LTs and a catted Y ? even used if anyone is selling some. i live in fullerton. thanks!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get all my stuff from Speed Inc.

They have free delivery(on anything over $100), if you order some headers and a ORY it can be had for somewhere around 499.98, or something close to that. But since you want cats...
Old 07-01-2007, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

strictly performance in van nuys, they do really good exhaust work.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

www.texas-speed.com always has good deals on pacesetters and their off road y
Old 07-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

is it the Catalyst below threshold code? like P0400 or something.....i got that 2 days ago....cleared it already...funny thing is i JUST passed smog.... weird..
Old 07-01-2007, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
strictly performance in van nuys, they do really good exhaust work.

sweet.. thnx for the 411 guys... from the 2 sites, looks like speed inc is cheaper by almost 100 bux! but only problem is, ill have to get the ORY from there and slap some cats on myself... has anyone done this? any tips? seems like an ez fix. i was gonna go with http://www.rpmoutlet.com/powercat.htm <--

ill look up strictly perf. also..face to face is always better to me.....and hopefully they'll have a better deal also. thanx man.!
Old 07-01-2007, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SmallblockV8LS1
is it the Catalyst below threshold code? like P0400 or something.....i got that 2 days ago....cleared it already...funny thing is i JUST passed smog.... weird..

actually mine was P0420.. Catalyst Running Below Efficiency... mine's been going on and off for the past month. its even blinked a few times indicating a misfire .. i hope it wont **** up my engine too bad
Old 07-01-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Regular

Is there a reason you want the cats?
Old 07-01-2007, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

i have a welded tsp catted y if ur interested in payin shippin ill hook u up on it for a great deal... pm me..
Old 07-01-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaGeneral
Is there a reason you want the cats?
Seriously, my thoughts exactly. Doesn't look like he's interested in being smog legal anyway.

If you're worried about the SES light, turn-off your rear 02s, its much cheaper than a catted y.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Seriously, my thoughts exactly. Doesn't look like he's interested in being smog legal anyway.

If you're worried about the SES light, turn-off your rear 02s, its much cheaper than a catted y.

why do i want cats? because i like pu$$y lol =P no seriously.. u got a great idea, but i want to be able to pass smog. and if a cop for some reason wants to look for them, i have nothing to worry about. just curious, how did it seem like i wasnt interested in being smog legal?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VtecDis
why do i want cats? because i like pu$$y lol =P no seriously.. u got a great idea, but i want to be able to pass smog. and if a cop for some reason wants to look for them, i have nothing to worry about. just curious, how did it seem like i wasnt interested in being smog legal?
Ha ha about the pretty kitties.

You wanting LTs is why I made the comment about not wanting to be smog legal. That alone will fail the visual.

If you want to fool a cop who may know what to look for, you'll have to stick with stock manifolds (or shorty's). You could still gut your cats though (not the one's you pet).
Old 07-02-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Regular

Dude... I've been pulled over tons of times and not once have they asked about the cats. I have had to pop my hood and I even had a cop ask me this one time, as soon as I popped my hood, he asked "Does this thing have gears?!"... I look at him...and kinda chuckle... a lot of time they aren't really interested in busting you for no cats. Just dont be dicks with them, and they will be cool with you.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

LT's... oh ya, forgot thats illegal lol. i guess im not as worried about visual as passing emissions completely. and i think cops care more about cats then headers, but i dont know from experience so dont quote me on that. as far as not being dicks to them>> i totally agree. no point to that when u know they pretty much have the power to do anything... until court time that is thats when its your chance to prove them wrong. besides, i dont think they are as strict in visual as the actual emission testing.