Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

so my trans ams impounded

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet is to fight it with help. You may not get off all the way, but it will most likely be reduced to a lesser charge. It may be a good idea to talk to a lawyer and use the public defender if needed.

Ryph
Old 07-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Investigate and defend your rights.

They can't crush unless there are stolen parts on your car. Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm not, people please don't fall victim to scare tactics.

Again, fight this. If you were parked for a while like you said, what prompted the officer to come up to you? Where were you parked? What info did you volunteer to the officer? What were you cited for?

If I remember correctly, I was in your car and can validate your claim.

Everyone THINKS they do not have any rights, but they are wrong. States pass laws all the time that are executed, fines paid on, people follow suit, UNTIL IT IS CHALLENGED IN COURT.

I may just go to law school to **** this bullshit...

very good advice....it was a bunk bust, they were trying to talk her into it, i was right there parked behind her and heard all the BS they were trying to scare her with....i was breaking a sweat tho because if they went to pop my hood we ALL (including brynnda's 150# rotweiler) wouldve been walkin home...

we stood there for MORE than 15 minutes becasuse her trans temp gauge went to the red so it was time to let that thing cool off a lil...then they drove up and it was almost like since we didnt "dash" for our cars they made it a point to stop her and talk to her....they pulled behind my car which was parked right behind brynnda's....i think its a totally bunk case, she was never read her rights or given the chance to remain silent they just kept asking questions and prying and coaxing....total bullshit
Old 07-25-2007, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
funny you say that.. friday afternoon i was driving up the halloran summit on my way to vegas and saw a lowered crx with about $2k in paint and 19inch rims on the other side of the road - hood was up and a sheriff (not CHP) was standing in front with a clipboard. from the look on the driver's face, he was getting bent over.
on my way back, monday morning, the crx was still there except the wheels and bumpers were gone.

I'd say he got JACKED.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01black
very good advice....it was a bunk bust, they were trying to talk her into it, i was right there parked behind her and heard all the BS they were trying to scare her with....i was breaking a sweat tho because if they went to pop my hood we ALL (including brynnda's 150# rotweiler) wouldve been walkin home...

we stood there for MORE than 15 minutes becasuse her trans temp gauge went to the red so it was time to let that thing cool off a lil...then they drove up and it was almost like since we didnt "dash" for our cars they made it a point to stop her and talk to her....they pulled behind my car which was parked right behind brynnda's....i think its a totally bunk case, she was never read her rights or given the chance to remain silent they just kept asking questions and prying and coaxing....total bullshit
Sounds like she got steamrolled. That sucks.

Didn't she just move from another state? If so, does she have CA plates yet?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flash99
I'd say he got JACKED.
Or he came back, took some stuff off, then filed a claim with his insurance co.

Oops, its a CRX, my bad, the wheels cost more than the car.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

No need to read Miranda, that is one of the biggest misconceptions. Hopefully she did not admit to anything though, since you are not required to self-incriminate.

Although, Reckless Driving or Speed Contest tickets are misdemeanors and would require either the offense occuring in the officer's presence, or a Citizen's Arrest performed by a witness.

Best bet is to follow-up with the citing/arresting agency, and get a lawyer.

Cars get crushed when they have stolen parts on them.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

should have tryed flirting a bit
Old 07-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Azrael
No need to read Miranda, that is one of the biggest misconceptions. Hopefully she did not admit to anything though, since you are not required to self-incriminate.

Although, Reckless Driving or Speed Contest tickets are misdemeanors and would require either the offense occuring in the officer's presence, or a Citizen's Arrest performed by a witness.

Best bet is to follow-up with the citing/arresting agency, and get a lawyer.

Cars get crushed when they have stolen parts on them.

there was major coaxing and "helping" with her interogation.....no withness was ever brought to the scene to point her out
Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 PM
FormerVendor

Before you run out and get a Lawyer. First thing you do is a little research on your own. You have the internet it cost nothing. Look up and read what the Law clearly states. Trust me you can find it.

Definitely fight it in court! and if you can afford it get a lawyer.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

What was the exact code they cited you for?
Old 07-26-2007, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

Big daddy bry is my hero and I am pretty sure that I saw him in your car that night as well.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

call the tow company and tell them you want to pick up your car. Somtimes tow companys will let the car out early. Happened to both me and a buddy. Mine was in for 30 days and i got it out the same day.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:00 PM
10 Second Club

there was major coaxing and "helping" with her interogation.....no withness was ever brought to the scene to point her out
Miranda, or "reading the rights" is only applicable with both custody and interrogation. If she wasn't yet in custody then they can ask whatever they want, and can lie or coax, as much as they want.

A Misdemeanor needs to happen in the officer's presence, is it possible the officer saw you and then came over? Otherwise it is known as a stail misdemeanor, and unless he was in active pursuit or action to follow-up with the misdemeanor, he can not come back later and then decide to arrest/cite for it. The other scenario is someone else witnessed and then signed a Citizen's Arrest form or request.

A lawyer can get you a copy of the report a lot easier than you can yourself with unknowing clerks that don't realize the "Freedom of Information" act exists.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Sounds like she got steamrolled. That sucks.

Didn't she just move from another state? If so, does she have CA plates yet?

i just moved from las vegas, there are nevada plates on my car
Old 07-26-2007, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear that, But you fawked in the first place by going to Ontario, That place is hotter than shyt. Good luck on getting your car out.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Ontario was the place 8-15 years ago. I'm scared just to even pass by there. good luck on getting your car back with nothing missing.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chaddalack
Sorry to hear that, But you fawked in the first place by going to Ontario, That place is hotter than shyt. Good luck on getting your car out.

i agree
the notices from the city didnt help either.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:23 PM
SCRWS6

Damn, that sucks, hope everything works out ok....
Old 07-26-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

im scared theyre going to crush it, and i just found a buyer for it too
Old 07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

the ticket reads speed contest and no cdl, i didnt have my lisence on me when this happened

mike - 01black - is really helping me through this, i dunno where id be if it werent for him

Quick Reply: so my trans ams impounded