california cops crushing illegal street racing cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Intense
Or just keep them open haha.
Werd.

Like they are really going to contribute funding for our speed needs. They are just going to kill it off.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad but true.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

i hate when dum ***** post this as streetracers getting crushed they can only crush if it has stolen parts on it this is why people are scared to race because all the dum asses out there i race evey freaking weekend i have been cought 4 times never has my car gottin crushed ive been to jail ,car towed but never crushed so stop getting every thing wrong....
Old 11-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1320 killer
thats what I heard also but I don't kow if that's true or not.
there's an LAPD guy on LS2.com....his name is transambandit, I'm sure he'd have a straight answer...

i've heard it both ways....with or w/o stolen parts if you OWN the car, not being financed still, YES it can be confiscated and crushed....then i've heard it only happens to repeat offenders so who the **** knows...there's got to be something written in the traffic code or penal code if its the law now...?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1mastermind
i hate when dum ***** post this as streetracers getting crushed they can only crush if it has stolen parts on it this is why people are scared to race because all the dum asses out there i race evey freaking weekend i have been cought 4 times never has my car gottin crushed ive been to jail ,car towed but never crushed so stop getting every thing wrong....
i've gotten caught twice right in the middle of a race both times...got a ticket one time and just told to get lost the 2nd time...good thing i'm Irish
Old 11-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Launching!

my car + crush = dead operator
Old 11-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Launching!

all this crushing bullshit does is make it certain that im gonna do whatever it is i can to get away
Old 11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
What tracks, there closing them all down
Thankfully, our local track just keeps getting bigger and better.....it was closed for 8-9 years in the 80's also...but moved 1/2 mile away and reopened...shouldn't race on the street anyway..really.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 2002Z28Camaro
my car + crush = dead operator
Not the crusher guy's fault.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
11 Second Club

Car needs to be paid off, car needs to have stolen parts on it, car needs to be (raced) by the registered owner. Judge has final say, but all elements must be met.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SnakesRslow
all this crushing bullshit does is make it certain that im gonna do whatever it is i can to get away
werdddddddd.....
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Built LT1
Car needs to be paid off, car needs to have stolen parts on it, car needs to be (raced) by the registered owner. Judge has final say, but all elements must be met.

****** bullshit
Old 11-19-2007, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01black
****** bullshit
While we may not care for the law, I like the idea of the stolen parts clause. In other words, you've got to be a thief to get your car crushed.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

car needs to be (raced) by the registered owner
Lucky for me! My car is registered in my mom's name (i was 18 when i bought it and i am on my parents policy) so i guess i can race all i want! jk
Old 11-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01black
****** bullshit
i dont like any of it except for the stolen parts clause. that part's very good.

also, I'm in the same boat as KyleLS1 hahaha
Old 11-20-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm now interested in owning a finance company where even if you fully own your car, you can take out a $100 loan against it with my company, repaying it over 5 years, and now your car can't be crushed.

I wonder if you got someone to put a lien on it after getting caught if you could avoid the crusher....
Old 11-20-2007, 01:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I'm now interested in owning a finance company where even if you fully own your car, you can take out a $100 loan against it with my company, repaying it over 5 years, and now your car can't be crushed.

I wonder if you got someone to put a lien on it after getting caught if you could avoid the crusher....

To answer your question, that would work-because you no longer own your car. Several criteria must be met before you car can be crushed. It seems people do not understand that the court is acting as the check.

This brings me to another question: Do you you think it's possible that you have stolen parts on your car that can be verified, or do you know this already because you're a thief? If you truly understand this law, then you won't take offense to my question.

Last edited by Built LT1; 11-20-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Launching!

To answer your question, that would work-because you no longer own your car. Several criteria must be met before you car can be crushed. It seems people do not understand that the court is acting as the check.

This brings me to another question: Do you you think it's possible that you have stolen parts on your car that can be verified, or do you know this already because you're a thief? If you truly understand this law, then you won't take offense to my question.

how in the hell is a cop ON SCENE going to prove the parts are stolen...I mean i dont carry around recipts for the stuff on my car...very grey area to me
Old 11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing the question is directed towards me? To answer, I don't think a cop would be able to identify on-site, but that does not preclude them from finding out after the car has been confiscated/impounded.

On a side note, I would hope there are no stolen parts on my vehicle since I am not the original owner. That goes to say that I do not know for absolute certain if my car is on its second engine, third tranny, or 9th 10-bolt. If their is a numbering system that matches the aforementioned parts to VINs, then I suppose one would know for certain.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

MNY DAD WAS WATCHING THE NEWS LAST NIGHT THEN THEY BROUGHT THIS TOPIC UP IN THE NEWS SO THEN MY DAD CALLS ME INTO HIS ROOM AND TELLS ME TO LOOK AT THE NEWS

Quick Reply: california cops crushing illegal street racing cars