Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

This SUCK'S Can not Mod the 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As any other car company, you can't mod your car without the dealership voiding your warranty. Some companies will over look a few things. Hell I got my motor rebuilt by GM with NO2 on it. I just happened to find a dealership that was cool with it. And as for your "built" car, no doubt your car can wear out a stock car, But if you were to take your car stock to this one stock, it would own your car. Don't go thinking that there are not cars out there that are not going to own you all day long.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ yup just about every car company will void the warranty once your start modding....you voided the warranty on your 4gen a long time ago lol
Old 01-06-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread started with a completely inaccurate statement and lost control from there.

And also, NO, your warranty can't be voided unless the dealership can show the mods contributed to the part failure. For example, if you install a supercharger on your car, and the power motor in your seats fail, your warranty is not "voided" because of the aftermarket part being installed. ****, if you blow your motor and you changed gears in the rear, added a CAI, added a shift kit to the tranny, ran drag slicks, your motor is still covered under warranty.

Educate yourself here:
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))
Old 01-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
And also, NO, your warranty can't be voided unless the dealership can show the mods contributed to the part failure. For example, if you install a supercharger on your car, and the power motor in your seats fail, your warranty is not "voided" because of the aftermarket part being installed. ****, if you blow your motor and you changed gears in the rear, added a CAI, added a shift kit to the tranny, ran drag slicks, your motor is still covered under warranty.
I think everyone already knew that. That wasn't exactly what the arguement was about. It's a nobrainer that if I install NO2 on my car and my rear end goes out or something, that the warranty isn't voided because of the N02.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z06unstoppable
I think everyone already knew that.
I beg to differ after reading the posts, even yours.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Teching In

"Agree to disagree."
Old 01-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Thumbs down your all full of do-do!

It pretty much comes down to the dealerships intially. If you spray and blow the rear-end, most times dealerships are going to say "so sorry charlie", you voided your warranty with the mod. Now if you fight them and take it to the regional warranty person it might be overruled.
I had a local dealership ask me about a mod I wanted to do and told me they raced also and would hellp me with the install. A lid intall I think. Then later the water pump went out and I took in for warranty on the water pump and they had annotated on my record that I raced the car and that the warranty was void. How about that fucked up ****.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nz12's
Then later the water pump went out and I took in for warranty on the water pump and they had annotated on my record that I raced the car and that the warranty was void. How about that fucked up ****.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

It pretty much comes down to the dealerships intially.
This may be true but it misses the point.

They have the right to void your warranty IF they can prove your aftermarket part caused the part failure of the part you want warrantied. <--THAT'S THE POINT, AND THAT ENTAILS OUR RIGHTS.

I had a local dealership ask me about a mod I wanted to do and told me they raced also and would hellp me with the install. A lid intall I think. Then later the water pump went out and I took in for warranty on the water pump and they had annotated on my record that I raced the car and that the warranty was void. How about that fucked up ****.
If they voided the warranty on your water pump because of a lid install, I'd say you didn't know your rights, you should have educated yourself, and I hoped they lubed up before they gave it to you.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I hoped they lubed up before they gave it to you.

Ouch..
Old 01-06-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z06unstoppable

Ouch..
I noticed your previous quote... looks like we're thinking the same thing.

I hate to see people get ripped off.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Just took it to another dealer and they ignored the annotated part. Knew the people..............no lube needed. Insert smiley here..........................
Old 01-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Knowing your rights and having to fight the bitches for weeks, months..sometimes it's just not worth the time to uphold the principle.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

lol at this thread, yes you if you modify even a ford you your warranty will be jeopardized, as for the correct spelling from spooky, your just retarded, no one here cares that your modified car can beat the new camaro hell at only 23k miles id say you ruined your with all the **** you have, just my opinion because you may still have the factory warranty as for putting bolt ons on your car, if your going to go through the trouble of buying them and installing them, how hard would it be to remove them before you go back to the dealership for warranty work, its the price you pay for wanting to faster than the car was built to go.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

lol at mr. torque converter
Old 01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

did you guys ever hear what mistubishi was doing?? they hired people to go and take pics and record the cars that were racing at the race track across the us, and voided the warrantys of those people, tell me thats not fucked up
Old 01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

probably cuz they're tired of replacing evo clutches.hahahaha
Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cold air intake and cat-backs are ALL ANY Brand will allow without voiding warranty.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
did you guys ever hear what mistubishi was doing?? they hired people to go and take pics and record the cars that were racing at the race track across the us, and voided the warrantys of those people, tell me thats not fucked up
They can also void a warranty if the vehicle is being used in a competitive environment. No Company will warranty "wear items" such as clutches and brake pads.

Mitsubishi had every right to void all the warranty's of people who where doing any sort of racing (i owned an evo and beat the **** out of it every day for almost 2 years). No reason a corporation should have to pay to fix every morons mistakes. Thats what makes it harder for normal people who actually get a defective part to get warranty work covered.

If you are going to play you better be able to pay for what ever you break.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by .ALEX.
They can also void a warranty if the vehicle is being used in a competitive environment. No Company will warranty "wear items" such as clutches and brake pads.

Mitsubishi had every right to void all the warranty's of people who where doing any sort of racing (i owned an evo and beat the **** out of it every day for almost 2 years). No reason a corporation should have to pay to fix every morons mistakes. Thats what makes it harder for normal people who actually get a defective part to get warranty work covered.

If you are going to play you better be able to pay for what ever you break.
i agree with most of what you said but the fact is if your clutch breaks or goes out in your warranty period they will warranty it, hi performance or not.

Quick Reply: This SUCK'S Can not Mod the 2010 Camaro