Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

This SUCK'S Can not Mod the 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
i agree with most of what you said but the fact is if your clutch breaks or goes out in your warranty period they will warranty it, hi performance or not.
if the clutch breaks ( a dampner spring, or plate diaphragm) then yes it will be warrantied. But if you wear it out due to improper use or burn it up they do not have to warranty it, the dealer might do it to keep a customer happy but under your warranty docs it specifically says that wear items such as brakes, tires, clutches are not cover under warranty.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh yeah then def. in most cases the dealership will say they will cover it, then when they pull it apart see all the blue and cracking flywheel and the burned up clutch, then they will say its not the car its the driver, thats what they do. but in most cases a broken clutch is the drivers fault.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah clutch problems are usually drivers fault. And not just people that suck at driving, but also if you drive aggressively.

Driving the way most of us on this site do, we forget that normal peoples clutches usually last a very very long time. My old 4 cyl s10's clutch lasted well over 100,000 miles
Old 01-07-2008, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Either way you look at it, most people already have an idea that your warranty is questionable when you mod the car...Alot of people just get pissy when they realize what they did wrong and the dealer won't cover it, so it ends up out of their pocket. Then they have the dealer to blame when they are pissed off about their own mistakes...Besides, if dealers DID honor those warranties after mods, imagine how much money they would be spending EXTRA for every person in the US who broke a car because of a mod...then multiply it by 10 because by now it would have gotten ridiculously out of control...IF it didn't put them out of business. That is a huge number of unnecessary repairs.

I also agree about the wheels, I don't think GM is stupid enough to put the 20 and 22" rims on that car, it wouldn't make any sense. But honestly, who cares right now, it still has a year to go. Like they said, it's still a concept car...they could scrub the entire thing and/or redo it all if they wanted to.

As for the 30 grand price tag, give it a couple of years and that tag will go down some...then it will be a little bit more reasonable. GM knows they can put a high price on it and still sell it just because of the hype it has built up. Thats just good business. We as consumers may not like it, but there isn't much we can do. Once that hype calms down, the smoke settles, and they start making that good profit they will lower the costs...
Old 01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

This was so funny. Thanks guys I needed that.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:05 PM

The car WILL be a big piece of plastic ****. End of story. Its going to be like every other American car cheap and plastic everywhere and pointless stuff crammed in everywhere like in front of the shifter where you can easily look at all your "gages"....
Old 01-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Like I said before, if you don't want a voided warranty, go buy yourself a freaking Ford and stop whining that you can't mod your ugly 2010 Waste-o-money-Camaro.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

and this is ron burgundy.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Voided warranty is the price you pay. That has always been part of the game. Just learn how to switch things back to stock before you take it back for a claim, duh! How ******* dumb are people?!
"Oh no i bought a brand new car and can't switch out the motor/add crazy mods because the company won't warranty it."
What the **** kinda mindset is that? Everyone wants something for free, that's all it boils down to. If you can't afford to have **** fixed then don't void your warranty. If you are too stupid to put things back to stock before taking it back to the dealer, then don't void you warranty.

Seriously is that too hard a concept?

Last edited by djsanchez2; 01-07-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by spookyz28
It will void the warranty, GM suck's with **** like this.
Go back to your glass case of emotion.

lol
Old 01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

^^ Whats up ******?! When did you get back?
Old 01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
Go back to your glass case of emotion.

lol
lol hahaha
Old 01-07-2008, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
Like I said before, if you don't want a voided warranty, go buy yourself a freaking Ford and stop whining that you can't mod your ugly 2010 Waste-o-money-Camaro.

lol couldnt disagree with you more, first off every cars warranty is worthless with modifications EVERY CAR, okay second, its not a waste of money if people buy it, leading to a car is only worth what someone will pay for it, leading to its not overpriced but out of your reach which is why i think people dont like them, i think they are just jealous that they wont be able to get one when they are still the talk of the town, just my opinion thou,

as for super slow z28, making cars out of plastic not only lowers the weight, and in my opinion looks better but also keeps the price down and lets that money go toward what we really care about and thats performance, if you guys want a ****** hybrid stfu and buy one, if you want a camaro buy one and dont complain about the interior, if you want a luxury car interior go get one, i hate when people talk ****, we all know the car will outperform the mustang, isnt that what its all about to average camaro consumer anyways, so in my eyes i say job well done to chevy..

okay... discuss
Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's the bible on mod and warranty issues:
http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60128

And I agree with the junky (obviously, by my previous posts), it has nothing to do with the manufacturer. If one Ford dealer tends to look the other way with mods, that's an anomaly and in contradiction to their rights. If I were the regional/corporate office, I'd kick some *** since they just cost me XXgrand, the same as what I would make on a few car sales. You can't wipe your *** with a over a billion dollars each year without repercussions.

The point is, these are our rights, and if someone gets away with something at a particular dealership it doesn't mean the next guy will. Know your rights, be smart, and act accordingly.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Federal Law regarding Warranty's for Consumer Products aka Magnuson-Moss Act
Old 01-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
^^ Whats up ******?! When did you get back?
last night!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:18 PM
8 Second Club

Back in the days of my car having a warranty I was lucky enough to get a new short block from GM when I broke a wrist pin.My car had a TH350 K-Member roll bar and the nos was even still on the car the dealer during the time that the work was being done...lol...But this was because my friend worked there and kept the car elevated on the lift during the day...Even got my heads and cam put on my new motor from the broken 1...lol...
Old 01-07-2008, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

lol well when my buddy put in his gears himslef and messes everything up, he put his stock **** back in and set it failed, and the dealer covered it, well cause it was a z28 with the 2.73 gear package and our friend was a service writor he got 3,42;s put in as well as a new aluminum drive shaft all under warranty, now what we did to his rental car was a different story lol
Old 01-07-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ Not that voiding your warranty, then hiding it is ok, but these guys are thinking and not bitching about it. LOL.

In my Z-28 i had two rearends replaced under warranty, and a set of 3.42's put in the second one. Never even noticed the Nittos and rubber all over the bumper. (maybe because i used to work there.)

Quick Reply: This SUCK'S Can not Mod the 2010 Camaro