Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

how much have u spen on ur car

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
what is this phrase "fast enough" ???
lol, well its the thinking or feeling that beating most modified cars with a stock car is plenty enough for me with this particular car,

but in all actuality this word doesn't exist
Old 02-11-2008, 10:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
And his high performance lug nuts cost more than all four of your wheels smokiny2k
no ****.... i've got a bit over $300 in 5/8 rear studs, arp hardened 3" fronts, and lugs for the damn crap to make it NHRA legal.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Launching!

i like how u guys like to talk so much ****...u dont think every bolt on my car isnt arp 2000's n ****...i kno about head studs i have em..the only lugs i havnt done yet are the fronts..and thats just cause i havnt gotten the time to put em on yet.they are in the garage..look i dont care who wants to talk **** on here but i have alot of money in my car..i kno it may sound unrealistic but give me a reason why i should lie about what i have into it..cause i certainly dont want to impress you or anyone else on this forum cause i can give 2 *****..u guys are hatin on me for no reason.if you would like me to retract all my statments i will...i dont wanna argue about stupid **** on a forum...arent we all supposed to get along..or at least thats what i thought...xpedicious you talk **** about everyone on this forum..ur car hasnt ran in how long...2 yrs...and all you did was a trans,rear and half install a turbo kit...o yah and i forgot cut like 10 pounds of metal off the car...and rewired the car so u can take 3 pounds of wire out of it...comon man..i dont want to fight with you but ur ridiculous already its gone far enough i let you go and talk **** on me before but stop it already. and .Alex. i think its great what u have done to ur car and im hoping pretty soon to have my car complete..but family issues and such have me backed up right now..but props on a badass ride. also to camarojunky the car doesnt run 13's and quite frankly im pretty sure 400hp 3.42 gears and 7.8 at irwindale is pretty damn good for street tires.. i could hook up a 300 shot right now and pull 10's if i wanted but guess what..nitrous costed me to much money already and im over it...**** happens when u race..i wasted 10gs on a motor and trans cause of nitrous.but then again i had fun using it.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS
i like how u guys like to talk so much ****...u dont think every bolt on my car isnt arp 2000's n ****...i kno about head studs i have em..the only lugs i havnt done yet are the fronts..and thats just cause i havnt gotten the time to put em on yet.they are in the garage..look i dont care who wants to talk **** on here but i have alot of money in my car..i kno it may sound unrealistic but give me a reason why i should lie about what i have into it..cause i certainly dont want to impress you or anyone else on this forum cause i can give 2 *****..u guys are hatin on me for no reason.if you would like me to retract all my statments i will...i dont wanna argue about stupid **** on a forum...arent we all supposed to get along..or at least thats what i thought...xpedicious you talk **** about everyone on this forum..ur car hasnt ran in how long...2 yrs...and all you did was a trans,rear and half install a turbo kit...o yah and i forgot cut like 10 pounds of metal off the car...and rewired the car so u can take 3 pounds of wire out of it...comon man..i dont want to fight with you but ur ridiculous already its gone far enough i let you go and talk **** on me before but stop it already. and .Alex. i think its great what u have done to ur car and im hoping pretty soon to have my car complete..but family issues and such have me backed up right now..but props on a badass ride. also to camarojunky the car doesnt run 13's and quite frankly im pretty sure 400hp 3.42 gears and 7.8 at irwindale is pretty damn good for street tires.. i could hook up a 300 shot right now and pull 10's if i wanted but guess what..nitrous costed me to much money already and im over it...**** happens when u race..i wasted 10gs on a motor and trans cause of nitrous.but then again i had fun using it.
Try more like 25 lbs of wire, over 400 lbs of weight reduction and oh year its a full turbo kit buddy all i need is my shortblock witch should be here soon It's only been down for 1 year too If you don't beleive me i have the wiring here in a box if you want to weight it. Im not talking **** but you have little knowledge in cars, When i saw you you told me you where going to run 7's with full weight and a sts kit
Old 02-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Try more like 25 lbs of wire, over 400 lbs of weight reduction and oh year its a full turbo kit buddy all i need is my shortblock witch should be here soon It's only been down for 1 year too If you don't beleive me i have the wiring here in a box if you want to weight it. Im not talking **** but you have little knowledge in cars, When i saw you you told me you where going to run 7's with full weight and a sts kit
never said 7's...would never have said that...sts kit i did say..and 9's was the number...full weight i also did say.but i have been thinking about things alot latley...and im pretty set on twin turbos and doing some weight reduction...and u really dont kno me much so how do u kno what i kno and what i dont kno...and whos to say i didnt work for chevy for 2 yrs as a 15m technician...o ya thats right u just like to jump the gun consistantly...i left the automotive industry because its my passion and my hobby...normally you dont want to work on your days off...for example work monday-friday at a dealer and then work sat. and sunday on your car...thats one hell of a full time job...the last thing i wanted to see was any kind of car on my days off.

and 8 months after i left the dealer i had a really bad car accident..which afterwards i forgot alot of things so..your right i dont kno as much about some things as i used to at one time..but i still remember alot...and have been learning things over again..i really dont understand why u insist on putting me down. if you ask me thats kinda childish.

and if you think im lying again about the accident...here you go.80+mph to the driver door...used to be a badass truck.

Last edited by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS; 02-12-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

also to camarojunky the car doesnt run 13's and quite frankly im pretty sure 400hp 3.42 gears and 7.8 at irwindale is pretty damn good for street tires.. i could hook up a 300 shot right now and pull 10's
if that is what your car ran then hell yeah that is good, i guess i just didnt see it, and btw i was jokin with ya bro, didnt mean to get under your skin, were on the same team after all
Old 02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
FormerVendor

wow every1s fired up here in western everytime i go to this section.
i saved tons with geico.

i know
ok
ill
Old 02-12-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slowpoke310
wow every1s fired up here in western everytime i go to this section.
i saved tons with geico.

i know
ok
ill
LOL my ninja....
Old 02-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

back to the original topic... i've had my car for like 1 yr and 1/2 and i've spent like 3.5k on it... still not even close to done but, its gettin there...
Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

never said 7's...would never have said that...sts kit i did say..and 9's was the number...full weight i also did say.but i have been thinking about things alot latley...and im pretty set on twin turbos and doing some weight reduction...and u really dont kno me much so how do u kno what i kno and what i dont kno...and whos to say i didnt work for chevy for 2 yrs as a 15m technician...o ya thats right u just like to jump the gun consistantly...i left the automotive industry because its my passion and my hobby...normally you dont want to work on your days off...for example work monday-friday at a dealer and then work sat. and sunday on your car...thats one hell of a full time job...the last thing i wanted to see was any kind of car on my days off.

and 8 months after i left the dealer i had a really bad car accident..which afterwards i forgot alot of things so..your right i dont kno as much about some things as i used to at one time..but i still remember alot...and have been learning things over again..i really dont understand why u insist on putting me down. if you ask me thats kinda childish.

and if you think im lying again about the accident...here you go.80+mph to the driver door...used to be a badass truck.

I wasn't talking **** i was just callin you out on what you said you spent on your car, thats all. Anyways I don't know if you did or did not spend that much but it seemed high for what your car is. Im not putting you down in any way.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

LMAO! Only 10s with a forged motor, 300 hit and susp??? ****, my stock motor with a little 150 hit went mid 10s. and dude, nitrous didnt cost you anything but the fill. Using nitrous like a dumbass cost you your motor. My car is living proof to that.

And who cares if someone called you out for what you said, even if they were talking ****? Ive got all that you do and a large cube forged motor on the way and ive got less then half of what you do into my car.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Launching!

LMAO! Only 10s with a forged motor, 300 hit and susp??? ****, my stock motor with a little 150 hit went mid 10s. and dude, nitrous didnt cost you anything but the fill. Using nitrous like a dumbass cost you your motor. My car is living proof to that.

And who cares if someone called you out for what you said, even if they were talking ****? Ive got all that you do and a large cube forged motor on the way and ive got less then half of what you do into my car.

o yah and my car went 10.9 on heads cam and 100 shot on a stock motor...so i dont kno what your trying to prove to me..and i didnt use nitrous like a dumbass..how would you know? i had a backfire from a flooded cylinder and it cost me my motor..im running a window switch wot switch wideband fuel press nitrous pressure..and monitor from a computer at that...i just didnt c it coming when it happend.

Last edited by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS; 02-12-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

You both ruined an interesting tread….
des-suscribing...
Old 02-12-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

35-40k+ in the past two years, installs done at home.
price of the car, back in 2002 brand new another 32k
misc between the years before the swap and blower who knows

then there is the denali. shiet dont even want to start

oh and most likely the transmission will and thatll prolly be another 3k

i shouldve bought the damn boat instead of starting this project back in 06 when the motor blew

Last edited by SVC707; 02-13-2008 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

haha, I stopped counting, that way I can't lie to the wife when she asks
somewhere in the range of 12-15K at least with a lot of bargains.

For those that have never done it they won't understand.

Smokin, I feel ya, I know where it goes and I have not even come close to the summit yet.

And Bait, you must be looking bargain basement if you think a stroker is only going to cost 7500 thats like the starting point.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:55 PM
10 Second Club

o yah and my car went 10.9 on heads cam and 100 shot on a stock motor...so i dont kno what your trying to prove to me..and i didnt use nitrous like a dumbass..how would you know? i had a backfire from a flooded cylinder and it cost me my motor..im running a window switch wot switch wideband fuel press nitrous pressure..and monitor from a computer at that...i just didnt c it coming when it happend.
maybe i assumed a little, that mustve been a freak occurence. what happened to the motor?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Launching!

maybe i assumed a little, that mustve been a freak occurence. what happened to the motor?
trash..ended up having a really bad bakfire on the 150 shot, scored the block really bad bearings were shot..intake manifold exploded into 1000 pieces...it came along with a big *** fireball aswell.it was a bad situation..and actually at the time it blew up i had just done rods and pistons since i figured i had enough luck on the stockers i might as well get em forged..so almost 3k later for lunati rods and je pistons installed that **** happend..so its just a freak thing...and it costed me alot of money.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

trash..ended up having a really bad bakfire on the 150 shot, scored the block really bad bearings were shot..intake manifold exploded into 1000 pieces...it came along with a big *** fireball aswell.it was a bad situation..and actually at the time it blew up i had just done rods and pistons since i figured i had enough luck on the stockers i might as well get em forged..so almost 3k later for lunati rods and je pistons installed that **** happend..so its just a freak thing...and it costed me alot of money.
damn, you werent having any luck!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

8-10k

Last edited by tamikews6; 07-27-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Banned

1000-1250........ thus far.

Quick Reply: how much have u spen on ur car