Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Help Fans arent turning on..

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am having the same problem.

I have a 99 trans am and I noticed that there are 4 different relays. There are two small ones and two big ones, which ones are for the radiator fans? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont remember ! I got this fixed because it was just a fan, there are 2 wires you can splice together near the pcm and it will turn the fan on and you can see if the fans are working or not good luck
Old 06-09-2008, 11:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
i find most shorts occur at the back of the box, check there thoroughly first, then move to checking the wires for resistance, too much resistance means short to power or ground, easier done then explained i hope you have an idea of what im talking about, if not ill see if i can get some time and you can cruise up and ill get it done for ya
too much resistance means a short to ground?........ hmm.... i think you have it backwards bro. shorts mean low resistance=high amperage through circuit= blown fuses.... if it was high resistance, it would have low amperage through the circuit which equals no blown fuses, and would need to do a continuity/ohm test of the circuit
Old 06-10-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
too much resistance means a short to ground?........ hmm.... i think you have it backwards bro. shorts mean low resistance=high amperage through circuit= blown fuses.... if it was high resistance, it would have low amperage through the circuit which equals no blown fuses, and would need to do a continuity/ohm test of the circuit

luckily my problem was fixed, over a year ago, it was a blown motor fan, the guy with hte new question is like 3 posts up

Quick Reply: Help Fans arent turning on..