Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Arizona Emmissions... 2 codes... erase em, will it work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Arizona Emmissions... 2 codes... erase em, will it work?

Gotta bring in the DD (2000 V6 Mustang) to the emissions tomorrow... i'm throwing 2 codes. As far as I know, AZ only checks for codes and that's pretty much it and you pass...

I'm wondering if I erase the codes right before I go there, will it pass? Since it seems to take a day or so before the codes pop back up...

I have a header manifold leak, and a leaking gas tank

i'm pretty sure that's why the codes are being thrown... DAMN FORDS! But then again, my TA is in the shop, and i've always had ole reliable for a backup with 138k miles on it... it's never let me down, unlike the TA...
Old 02-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how are you deleting them?

while they scan your car, they check to see (somehow) if youre battery was disconnected in the passed 24 hours.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well if you have autozone delete the codes or whatever they will still be saved in the computer. The emissions scan can bring up the history of codes and see that they were deleted im pretty sure.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Gotta bring in the DD (2000 V6 Mustang) to the emissions tomorrow... i'm throwing 2 codes. As far as I know, AZ only checks for codes and that's pretty much it and you pass...

I'm wondering if I erase the codes right before I go there, will it pass? Since it seems to take a day or so before the codes pop back up...
The car has to go through a "cycle" to test all emissions, evap, egr, etc... To get those "cycles" the car has to go through certain driving conditions... So if you delete those codes before you go in the car wont be ready to be smogged. You have to clear the codes, drive it around for a while or do whatever that specific car needs for the "cycles" to run. Take it back then smog it. Thats what we have to do here in california. You may need to go to a friendly shop... you know what I mean.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

k thanks guys... luckily they didn't make me smog it since I only needed a temporary 30 day registration...
Old 02-26-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

oh... and I have one of those bright orange code scanners (I think it's called ACTRON) that just erases the code... not completely deletes it like HPTunerz, LS1Edit, Etc...

Quick Reply: Arizona Emmissions... 2 codes... erase em, will it work?