Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anderson Silva v. Dan Hendersen

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 180ls1
This guy and in the link below his name is Fedor Emelianko he has only lost once and that was due to a cut but other then that he has never been stoppd ever. And the UFC has too much bullshit to sighn him cause Dana wants his money.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52198751834650
Gotta disagree here, on a technicality. Not "pound for pound" anyways.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 954mula
Liddell? He's fighting Shogun next. Should be good. He took out Rampage in a Pride match. I was a little surprised when Forrest Griffin won over him.

Liddell's the man. But he's definitely been slacking lately.
rumor is shogun , had a torn ACL and couldnt even train before the fight, but didnt want to back out.... (brazilian pride thing i guess) so he was untrained and had no cardio
Old 03-02-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Gotta disagree here, on a technicality. Not "pound for pound" anyways.
well ya he is a heavy weight but judging at the level he competes on and that he has never lost other then that stop because of a cut early in the fight i do not see how he is not the best pound for pound out there.
There is not way to put a limit on a man who has never been stopped
Old 03-02-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 180ls1
well ya he is a heavy weight but judging at the level he competes on and that he has never lost other then that stop because of a cut early in the fight i do not see how he is not the best pound for pound out there.
There is not way to put a limit on a man who has never been stopped
On that note, records can be padded. I'm not saying his is b/c I haven't looked into it, but it's a common occurrence and you can't judge someone's talents based on that alone.

Traditionally, PFP is a term used to equate boxers of different weight classes, mostly middleweights, flyweights, welterweights vs. heavyweights since b/c of their weight differences, they can't fight one another. Rarely will you see a PFP list with a heavyweight on it. Let's face it, take the best middleweight fighter, imagine him with greater strength/size but with the same skills, and compare him to this heavyweight.

PFP and heavyweight are almost impossible. That's Tyson in his prime.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
On that note, records can be padded. I'm not saying his is b/c I haven't looked into it, but it's a common occurrence and you can't judge someone's talents based on that alone.

Traditionally, PFP is a term used to equate boxers of different weight classes, mostly middleweights, flyweights, welterweights vs. heavyweights since b/c of their weight differences, they can't fight one another. Rarely will you see a PFP list with a heavyweight on it. Let's face it, take the best middleweight fighter, imagine him with greater strength/size but with the same skills, and compare him to this heavyweight.

PFP and heavyweight are almost impossible. That's Tyson in his prime.
Ya i know what you are saying it is just difference of opinions thats all. I have seen Fedor out strike the "best striker in the world" and beat Nogueira (best ground fighter in the world at his weight) on the ground, as well as take out massive guys.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
The real question is who their going to set up against Anderson Silva!

Definately.

Silva is brutally agressive and skilled.

I don't believe the UFC middleweight division has a challenge for him. Looking through the entire division, I don't even think there is anyone who will bring him down currently based on his current streak and wins. I predict him to the one of the most dominating champions.

Gonna be mad MW's just working up for a shot to fight Anderson and get slapped around.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think Yushin Okami (23-4) will be next. He just beat Evan Tanner also in division.

Okami was the last to beat Anderson in 2006 due to a disqualification (illegal kick by Anderson) at Rumble at the Rock. Okami still hasn't had his chance to finish a fight with Anderson.

Interestingly Okami has lost to Rich Franklin. Who lost to Anderson twice.

Crazy.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Finite1
I think Yushin Okami (23-4) will be next. He just beat Evan Tanner also in division.

Okami was the last to beat Anderson in 2006 due to a disqualification (illegal kick by Anderson) at Rumble at the Rock. Okami still hasn't had his chance to finish a fight with Anderson.

Interestingly Okami has lost to Rich Franklin. Who lost to Anderson twice.

Crazy.
I think Matt Lindland would be the best match up for silva as of right now but i do not see anyone beating him as of right now.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If Ryo Chonan bulked up for a rematch.. Even though he came from behind. That could be interesting.

http://www.theboomtube.com/view_vide...85260b6f2360bd

Chonan flying scissor heel hook submission on Anderson.