Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Headers Good deal???? but why??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok cool, il prolly jus get some pacesetters, hookers, or somthin like that. thanx fellas
Old 03-06-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

they look good,but race style lt's are the way to go. no egr fiitings
Old 03-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, screw what everyone else is saying... I'd get those headers in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a set!

First of all, the price is not a Buy it Now price so they aren't neccessarily cheap. ALTHOUGH, if that were a Buy it Now price I still wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

Think about it, LS1 F-Bodies have been out for A DECADE. There aren't really any new designs out there. The best designs simply get copied by cheaper companies.

Headers are just friggin pipes with welds, not that expensive to MAKE they are just expensive to DESIGN.

Someone else spends the money to make the design and another company rips it off with a small tweek to make it legal (how do you think we ended up with cheap Pacesetters that are identical to Hookers???).

Now, if it was these headers or a BETTER designed header like QTP then I'd agree but if it is these or Pacesetters/Hookers I'd go with these stainless steel headers in a HEARTBEAT!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EDIT: Just saw he does have some buy it now auctions:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/ls1_W0...mensQQsbrbinZt

I WISH I had seen these when I was buying my MAC's... I think you'd be a fool not to buy them
Old 03-06-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Man, screw what everyone else is saying... I'd get those headers in a heartbeat if I didn't already have a set!

First of all, the price is not a Buy it Now price so they aren't neccessarily cheap. ALTHOUGH, if that were a Buy it Now price I still wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

Think about it, LS1 F-Bodies have been out for A DECADE. There aren't really any new designs out there. The best designs simply get copied by cheaper companies.

Headers are just friggin pipes with welds, not that expensive to MAKE they are just expensive to DESIGN.

Someone else spends the money to make the design and another company rips it off with a small tweek to make it legal (how do you think we ended up with cheap Pacesetters that are identical to Hookers???).

Now, if it was these headers or a BETTER designed header like QTP then I'd agree but if it is these or Pacesetters/Hookers I'd go with these stainless steel headers in a HEARTBEAT!!!
I agree with you Mark for the most part, but you still have the cost of fabrication and materials to copy that design. Even when Jet Hot and others were copying Hookers (or other's) design, the cost wasn't that much cheaper.

And if your goal is to bolt these on and run, that's another variable to take into consideration.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

If someone tries them please post feedback!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97ssCDB
If someone tries them please post feedback!!!
there is allready feedback in the external engine section seacch for ebay headers
Old 03-07-2008, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

ubnkacked had a set. they were great till we had to change the oil. takes a 15mm, two people and a pry bar. The collectors are retarded too. I vote junk if theyre the OBX.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZSS2148
ubnkacked had a set. they were great till we had to change the oil. takes a 15mm, two people and a pry bar. The collectors are retarded too. I vote junk if theyre the OBX.
These are OBX headers-$495

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-02...spagenameZWDVW

The headers that were posted are different than the OBX headers.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Banned

its better to go with a name you trust! everybody is just after it because of the stainless steel! just get the damm regular ones!

Quick Reply: Headers Good deal???? but why??