Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

well...im not finished crying yet.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My camaro go rearended a month back, its in the body shop right now, so far the ins co has come up with 5100 in damages and thats just the outside, one the shop opened it up there is more inside so who knows how much it will be in total. The down side is the ins co is close to totaling the car.

Nothing like rebuilding the motor and forging it 2 months ago just to get the car totaled.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

updates????
Old 03-12-2008, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

I think he got a shops estimate at around 5500 , but he has not dropped it off yet to check frame damage!!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

WTF!! A shop can give you an estimate without even seeing the car.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

We took it to the shop then he looked at it, but he hasnt left it so he can further inpect it. My bad left that part out. at least it doesnt looked salvaged yet.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

wats up guys tomorrow i am goin to make an appointment with the other guys ins to get an inspection from infinity only a visual.after that i take it to what ever shop i want and then they will send infinity theire own estimate.i got an est from one shop already and he said 5,500 but i dont trust it, he only saw the outside!!!and did not even lift the carpet in the trunk!!! i dont know about him.....i think i will go to the chevy dealer in san bernardino they have a big *** body shop and guarenteed gm parts!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pweterss
wats up guys tomorrow i am goin to make an appointment with the other guys ins to get an inspection from infinity only a visual.after that i take it to what ever shop i want and then they will send infinity theire own estimate.i got an est from one shop already and he said 5,500 but i dont trust it, he only saw the outside!!!and did not even lift the carpet in the trunk!!! i dont know about him.....i think i will go to the chevy dealer in san bernardino they have a big *** body shop and guarenteed gm parts!
And a guaranteed HUGE bill. Just make sure that the other guys property damage has enough to cover the entire thing plus your rental costs. I made the mistake of not checking and then found out once the car was taken apart. I had through go through my policy, and had to fork out the deductible (I got it back, but why would you want to pay for it if it wasn't your fault)

Keep us posted
Old 03-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

im not goin to pay,the other guys ins will,but i might have to go through my ins cuz his ins is bull **** they have not contacted me yet i had to call them,and nothin since monday and thanks i will make sure his ins covers it before i drop it off.

Quick Reply: well...im not finished crying yet.