Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Old Car Emissions Exemption Threatened in California

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
Ima go with German???

and thanks for the "sense" edit. always forget theres 2 of those.
since and sense don't have the same meaning or pronunciation. you mean "cents" as opposed to "sense." Or maybe "scents?"

wow. English is complicated.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jermzz
since and sense don't have the same meaning or pronunciation. you mean "cents" as opposed to "sense." Or maybe "scents?"

wow. English is complicated.
Ha HA ha

English is one of the easiest languages...
Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Toonal kakes ger barab gelir meksikatsi. Menk Hayeres kezmeh meesh aveli partser tsegh beed linenk.

When I read it out loud, it sounded Persian to me.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, this thread went from bitching about emissions to bitching about Mexicans?

Oh, and I'll take a stab at whatever language that is... Turkish?

Old 04-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Teching In

it would be a shame if all those numbers on the first page went to waste

my friend Rick Astley would never let them down

http://www.prankdialer.com/
Old 04-19-2008, 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
When I read it out loud, it sounded Persian to me.

close to that region, go more north right into Caucasia
Old 04-19-2008, 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ray455
Wow, this thread went from bitching about emissions to bitching about Mexicans?

Oh, and I'll take a stab at whatever language that is... Turkish?

Turkish isnt Indo-European!!! and they arent white!!! and I dislike them greatly!!!

I think I just gave away my ethnicity by making this statement!!
Old 04-19-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Turkish isnt Indo-European!!! and they arent white!!! and I dislike them greatly!!!

dislike the turkish?
Old 04-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Armenian.

Last edited by Ray455; 04-19-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jermzz
Chicanos are exactly the ones who don't respect Americans and this land. I went to highschool with a million of them. Flying Mexican flags on 4th of july, stabbing other kids over verbal disagreement, like me... etc etc. Disrespectful. My Highschool was 90% latin to 10% other.

Gave me a permanent negative view of latinos.

Untill I started working construction and I met those kind of kids parents, worked with them, understood them and realized that they're here to florish, not hate. Their kids are the ones taking it for granted and giving them a bad name. (not all of them mine you, but a vast majority. nor am i singling you out, because i dont even know you)

Although most actual migrant people from Mexico that I have met love their home and visit, it's not the environment they want for them or their familys and they'll admit it.

I'd avise you watch where you throw the term "racist" around. It's not a nice word these days and people don't take it well.
Don't signal out Chicanos just cause there maybe a lot of them in your neighborhood who still hold that Brown Pride.

There are many Chicanos in the military fighting and dying for OUR rights and freedom.

Im Chicano and im all about bring Brown and Pride and waving a Mexican flag, but don't get me wrong im American and im glad my mom and dad made the decicision to have my birth over here. I understand America is the best Country in the world, beautifull women of all races and nationalities.

When i used to box(train for boxing match) I learned from my Chicano boxing coach(ex-gang memeber from L.A) that its alright to have Mexican Pride but that we are American and we should hold that same pride for being American. Then he went on to tell me how he had some of his homies go into the military and one of them died. And how no matter what we should be Proud Americans cause if there is a big war, Chicano or not we are going to fight on Americas side even if its against Mexico.

Chicanos were just proud of our Heritage. Most Chicanos know there history and if you've read how America took Mexico well, you'd be mad too, from time to time. And or be proud that you have your Mexican/Aztec heritage.

---------------------------------------

I havn't even gotten my old car fixer upper yet and im glad to read the law isn't changing.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so confused. Are Chicano's from Chicago?

And how did this turn into a race/origin thread?

Last edited by BigDaddyBry; 04-19-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

So according to the clowns in the california senate, the reason we have so much pollution is because everyone is drving around in old muscle cars from the 70's? WTF

most streets in my city as well as all the highways around here are toyota/honda dealers
Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ray455
Armenian.

correct

Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
dislike the turkish?
that is affirmative
Old 04-21-2008, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
There looking for ways to kill off Global warming. And what state has more cars than CA?

Not that i agree with what there doing, but it makes since.
it doesnt make sense. and global warming has not been proven to be attributed to cars. Only smog has. I hate sheeple.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

SEMA eNews, Vol. 11, No. 17 - Apr 24, 2008
OLD-CAR EMISSIONS EXEMPTION NO LONGER THREATENED IN EIGHT CALIFORNIA COUNTIES

Working with California old-car hobbyists, SEMA convinced California Senate legislators to amend legislation that sought repeal of the state’s current emissions test exemption for pre-1976 vehicles registered by new owners in the San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District. The District includes eight counties in California’s Central Valley.

Under the original bill, after Jan. 1, 2009, new owners seeking to register a pre-1976 vehicle in these eight counties would have been subject to emissions tests for the life of the vehicle. Under the amendment, the repeal language was removed and the bill instead now requires the DMV to study the state’s special license plate programs and recommend improvements.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's not just "my neighborhood," It follows the border all the way down, growing and infecting neighboring states like a disease. People refrain from showing what they feel in public around here because it's not deemed "politically correct" in such a diverse community. I don't mind other races, and I'm not racist per se, I'm just tired of the disrespect. They're the only ones who noticeably have it and will publically display without any remorse or understanding of what this country has to offer.

I'm not saying it's all of Chicanos, nor am I singling anyone out. I also understand there are Chicanos in the millitary and doing great things. But for every one that's doing great, flourishing and bettering this country, there are more then a handful doing the exact opposite.

As for the whole "America took California from Mexico" deal, I'm not gonna go so much into the history, but I know it. So what's the deal, flood in illegally to take it back? Mexico is not the only country to ever feel violated. It's over anyway, and there's plenty of Mexico for all the Mexicans there and tons of uninhabited land even. What's to complain about? The illegal ones have more rights then I do I really didn't wanna go here, but this excuse for being "angry at America" doesn't fly for me. I'd rather keep on topic about the legal Chicanos.

PS Kudos for boxing. I did it for a short time and dropped it.

Originally Posted by 98boxer
Don't signal out Chicanos just cause there maybe a lot of them in your neighborhood who still hold that Brown Pride.

There are many Chicanos in the military fighting and dying for OUR rights and freedom.

Im Chicano and im all about bring Brown and Pride and waving a Mexican flag, but don't get me wrong im American and im glad my mom and dad made the decicision to have my birth over here. I understand America is the best Country in the world, beautifull women of all races and nationalities.

When i used to box(train for boxing match) I learned from my Chicano boxing coach(ex-gang memeber from L.A) that its alright to have Mexican Pride but that we are American and we should hold that same pride for being American. Then he went on to tell me how he had some of his homies go into the military and one of them died. And how no matter what we should be Proud Americans cause if there is a big war, Chicano or not we are going to fight on Americas side even if its against Mexico.

Chicanos were just proud of our Heritage. Most Chicanos know there history and if you've read how America took Mexico well, you'd be mad too, from time to time. And or be proud that you have your Mexican/Aztec heritage.

---------------------------------------

I havn't even gotten my old car fixer upper yet and im glad to read the law isn't changing.

Quick Reply: Old Car Emissions Exemption Threatened in California