Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

where do they sell pennzoil syncromesh???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Hopefully they sell the book at Costco...
lol, he's **** outta luck, unless he can just get his new t-56 there after it starts slipping lol
Old 03-21-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

when you find it ara. let me know and we can change them out the same day.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, thanks guys, thats kool gilbert ill let you know man
Old 03-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Whoops, I was wrong then.

That's just what I read from a search, but no one disputed the claim so I thought it was right. Now I know better, thanks.

So the GM Synchromesh is the way to go huh?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
Whoops, I was wrong then.

That's just what I read from a search, but no one disputed the claim so I thought it was right. Now I know better, thanks.

So the GM Synchromesh is the way to go huh?
no prob, man im not here to make people feel clueless but spread info as i know it to be factual.

as for the correct oil, again this is gonna be based on he said she said, yadda yadda yadda, i went with royal purple, but you cant go wrong with the gm stuff.

if all else fails just go with the dexron 3
Old 06-24-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ae13291
lol ok, ill check pepboys out but 8 bucks a quart, i might consider the gm fluid now! but i hear the gm fluid is just relabeled syncromesh
for anyone doing a search, my local auto zone had pennzoil syncromesh for $6.49, vs the $8 at pep boys.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
for anyone doing a search, my local auto zone had pennzoil syncromesh for $6.49, vs the $8 at pep boys.
ur in texas man ^^ this is western forums
Old 06-24-2008, 01:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
okay wow... bro

1.lsd additive is to help reduce chatter between clutch style lsd units, ie, auburn or eaton.
2.it is impossible for a manual transmission to slip, i dont care if you put no oil at all, not gonna happen, its impossible based on design.
3.seeing as gm's synchromesh is designed for manual transmission, why would they put lsd additive, ie whale sperm?

its time to do a little reading there big dog
lol luke you are funny, first off auburns are not clutch type diffs so as to my knowledge do not require additives ( correct me if i am wrong). second the reason you do not want a very lets say slippery fluid in your manual tranny is because the way synchronizers work is like a brake, they slow down in order to engage the next gear, what happens when you have a very slippery fluid is it cant slow it down at a proper rate, and you will get grinding. that is why gm recommends right on the tranny regular dexron 3 atf, because the qualities of the fluid (because it is used a wet clutch configuration in a auto trans) is perfect for the t56 transmission. either way you need a fluid with some "tackiness" to it for our transmissions. for example i shift my gto trans pretty damn fast, and i beat on it pretty hard, and i am running generic store brand dexron 3, and it has never grinded once and i guarantee you all the top t56 builders in the country will recommend the same fluid. just some fyi

Last edited by Ryne @ CMS; 06-24-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
lol luke you are funny, first off auburns are not clutch type diffs so as to my knowledge do not require additives ( correct me if i am wrong). second the reason you do not want a very lets say slippery fluid in your manual tranny is because the way synchronizers work is like a brake, they slow down in order to engage the next gear, what happens when you have a very slippery fluid is it cant slow it down at a proper rate, and you will get grinding. that is why gm recommends right on the tranny regular dexron 3 atf, because the qualities of the fluid (because it is used a wet clutch configuration in a auto trans) is perfect for the t56 transmission. either way you need a fluid with some "tackiness" to it for our transmissions. for example i shift my gto trans pretty damn fast, and i beat on it pretty hard, and i am running generic store brand dexron 3, and it has never grinded once and i guarantee you all the top t56 builders in the country will recommend the same fluid. just some fyi

yeah the auburn is a clutch style lsd carrier, that requires an additive to help reduce chatter.
and i was replying to the guy who said gm's synchromesh has an lsd additive in it, im not sure it does, but i cant figure gm putting that in an oil used on many manual transmissions, i spoke with the desighenr of the borg warner t56 and he says he uses dexron 3, thats what it was desighned for, i asked about synchromesh and he said that was good to.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Banned

^^^^ syncomesh fixed my 3rd gear grind and made my tranny alot smother! it looks just like motor oil but its alot thinnner. and as far as i know the auborn is a clutch type carrier, the additive is used to reduce chatter
Old 06-24-2008, 02:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i am sorry i was thinking about the torsen diff with worm gears, yeah the auburn has clutches

Quick Reply: where do they sell pennzoil syncromesh???