Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Bob's Big Boys in Burbank this friday 3/28/08 ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008 | 05:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vindication
Yeah I think my car was maybe to new for that crowd. Bunch of classics there.

Then I had one guy insult my car and asked why didn't I have a bigger cam?

The more I go to meets the more I realize there really isn't much to see on my car. There is no bling objects under the hood. You can't see the turbos during the day let alone try to see them at night. My car doesnt sound like a big muscle car and actually doesnt sound much louder than a stock Z06.

All in all I did not have a good experience at this meet. I think this spot should be left alone for cars that don't run fuel injection.
Dude, your car is cool and you seemed like a cool guy for the few moments we met but you don't go to a car cruise in to get your car ego blown. That's what car SHOWS are for and even then, like you said, it is all about the bling.

The point of Bob's is to hang out and have a good time with other car guys. Don't be like the old farts who pop out a chair and act like they came to give autograph signings exepcting everyone to drool over their car...

Walk around and get the chance to see everything from a real Cobra to a Vette like yours
Old 03-30-2008 | 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Dude, your car is cool and you seemed like a cool guy for the few moments we met but you don't go to a car cruise in to get your car ego blown. That's what car SHOWS are for and even then, like you said, it is all about the bling.

The point of Bob's is to hang out and have a good time with other car guys. Don't be like the old farts who pop out a chair and act like they came to give autograph signings exepcting everyone to drool over their car...

Walk around and get the chance to see everything from a real Cobra to a Vette like yours
Not even about ego blowing. As if you noticed I don't get out of my car thinking im the **** or I have the baddest car on the planet. my issue was about people coming to you to and making stupid comments. Trust me, if you go back to any of my posts or previous post on the Corvette Forum the last thing I do is hype up my car or act like a F en D*ck. I just don't like when people come up to me, know me for about 30 secs, and then quick to throw out garage from their mouth.

Anyway its no big deal now and the meet is over.
Old 03-30-2008 | 09:35 AM
Teching In

just show up to the April event in Fullerton, you won't have problems there.. i don't go to this event either, i took my GN there once and people where talking **** about my V6 and saying that it could NEVER run 9's..
Old 03-30-2008 | 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nordy racer
just show up to the April event in Fullerton, you won't have problems there.. i don't go to this event either, i took my GN there once and people where talking **** about my V6 and saying that it could NEVER run 9's..
That sucks.

There was a few cool guys at the meet and I was glad to meet those people.
Old 03-30-2008 | 12:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nordy racer

Well you just know how much of a tard those people are. Anyone who knows anything bout a GN/GNX know how much potential these cars have.
Old 03-30-2008 | 12:27 PM
Teching In

That sucks.

There was a few cool guys at the meet and I was glad to meet those people.
Well hopefully next time you decide to roll out, we'll be able to get there before you roll out.
Old 03-30-2008 | 02:43 PM
Teching In

Ya, the Fullerton meets kick ***. Bobs is cool but gets old after a while.

Nordy, your car runs nines??
Old 03-30-2008 | 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

too many cops, not enough parking, too many old people i will never go again,

mark your car was really clean, loved the attention to detail under the hood, it looked real legit not thrown together by some other big hp cars, i liked it,

good seeing everyone,
Old 03-31-2008 | 03:17 AM
TECH Addict

i really wated to see your car Vindication....next time!!! ( i hope)
Old 03-31-2008 | 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sommer86
like he said its nothing special...visually that is...looks like a plain Z06 (with all due respect )

i would love to see it run tho thats for sure
Old 03-31-2008 | 10:15 AM
Teching In

:
Hey man. Something I gotta ask. I know we all got our quirks and things that tick us off, but I dont see how that was insulting. Was it not so much the question, but rather how he asked the question?

Just wondering.

Better question - Can you pick this guy out of a police line up?
Old 03-31-2008 | 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

It was nice hanging out with you fellas....6LiterEater, Assassin66, Sommer86, Raptor WS6 and CamaroJunky

Nice seeing you guys again....and Mark (6LITEREATER) I was serious about the license plate help
Old 03-31-2008 | 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1SIK LT1
Well hopefully next time you decide to roll out, we'll be able to get there before you roll out.
Yeah I left maybe 15 or 20 mins after I get there. A long with insults people were just looking funny. I guess everyone assumes some old guy is going to be driving my car instead of a 24 year old.

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
too many cops, not enough parking, too many old people i will never go again,

mark your car was really clean, loved the attention to detail under the hood, it looked real legit not thrown together by some other big hp cars, i liked it,

good seeing everyone,
Totally agree. Way to many old folks, way to many classics, not enough young people, not enough new cars.

Originally Posted by Sommer86
For sure!

Originally Posted by Assassin66
like he said its nothing special...visually that is...looks like a plain Z06 (with all due respect )

i would love to see it run tho thats for sure
I've told many people my car is NOTHING to look at. Turbos are way to tucked in, fuel rails and covers are not powder coated, sounds like a stock Z06 (for those who want to insult my 1000bhp mellow tuned car), doesnt have any crazy aero parts, big aftermarket brembos, etc.

Originally Posted by ILMODC
Hey man. Something I gotta ask. I know we all got our quirks and things that tick us off, but I dont see how that was insulting. Was it not so much the question, but rather how he asked the question?

Just wondering.

Better question - Can you pick this guy out of a police line up?
It came out of his mouth wrong. Like here I am turning on my car so people can listen to it and some moron has to tell me to throw a bigger cam? Like I so desparately needed his advice. Why would I have to? To make it sound like its a big beast? The timing was just off and it came off like a insult.

And yes I can pick him out.
Old 03-31-2008 | 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

lol, some people dont understand that on forced induction you want a high lsa, not a choppy 112 or something, rather a 117, which is probably what you put in,
luke
Old 03-31-2008 | 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

Hey Vindication, I was actually saving your parking spot bro. I placed two orange cones so no-one can take it, and even stood around for a while. Didn't know you weren't planning on coming back.
Old 03-31-2008 | 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GinoLS1
Hey Vindication, I was actually saving your parking spot bro. I placed two orange cones so no-one can take it, and even stood around for a while. Didn't know you weren't planning on coming back.
I was planning to but I decided not to. Thanks though. Like I said in my earlier post there was some cool people at the meet but sometimes it only takes one person to F-it up.
Old 03-31-2008 | 11:17 PM
On The Tree

just brush them haters off mark thats all there just hating

Yeah I think my car was maybe to new for that crowd. Bunch of classics there.

The more I go to meets the more I realize there really isn't much to see on my car. There is no bling objects under the hood. You can't see the turbos during the day let alone try to see them at night. My car doesnt sound like a big muscle car and actually doesnt sound much louder than a stock Z06.

All in all I did not have a good experience at this meet. I think this spot should be left alone for cars that don't run fuel injection.
Old 03-31-2008 | 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SVTBAIT
just brush them haters off mark thats all there just hating
Thanks man. You of all people know my car can run a bit since you have been in it before.
Old 03-31-2008 | 11:29 PM
On The Tree

when u took me for a spin last saturday i almost shitted in my pants and u werent even getting on it hard

Thanks man. You of all people know my car can run a bit since you have been in it before.
Old 04-01-2008 | 12:08 AM
Banned

Like I said in my earlier post there was some cool people at the meet but sometimes it only takes one person to F-it up.
If that's the case for you that's pretty sad to be honest... I mean some kid said you needed a bigger cam and you ran off and don't ever want to come back ?

I know (or hope at least) that's no the whole case but that's what it is sounding like

Quick Reply: Bob's Big Boys in Burbank this friday 3/28/08 ...