Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

el mirage

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default el mirage

anyone go ridin there?my first time there tomorrow.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

my bro tells me el merage suck ****, but I have never been there, you should try the chickin ranch or boemont. boemont had that old abandond track that place is bad ***
Old 03-30-2008, 04:29 AM
TECH Addict

dude i liked it. there is a huge dry lake a few miles long where u can top out your bike. and there are lots of desert terrain trails to ride across the road. its fun if you like trail riding.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mirage not only can u max out ur bike but from what I remeber there are trails also. But I wouldn't really go there.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Launching!

el mirage is fun.i used to go out there pretty often the lakebeds pretty cool. i want to take the dumdumdumdum out there
heres a few pics from out there the lakebed would be a awesome place for a photoshoot.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

cool pics,would i be able to take my car out there to top out?legally.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

This is the info i found on the "El Mirage" website.

El Mirage Lakebed

The lakebed is a flat playa formed in an undrained basin. Silt and clay are deposited into this basin during periods of heavy rain. When the "lake" dries, a hard pan dry lakebed is left.

This hard, smooth surface is ideal for the unique activities conducted at El Mirage. These include ultra-light aircraft and gyrocopter flying, model rocketry, remote control airplane flying, landsailing and straight track racing. Many private pilots land on the lakebed to spend the day. The surface character has attracted the interest of many filming companies. Several major movies have scenes filmed here.

There is no speed limit on the open lakebed, but vehicle operators are responsible for their own safety, OHV rules and regulations, and knowing what is going on around them. The maximum speed limit is 15 miles per hour within 50 feet of camps and staging areas.

During permitted events, special speed limits and traffic restrictions are posted. Please watch for these events. To maintain a smooth surface, the lakebed is closed when wet or muddy. The California Highway Patrol, San Bernardino County Sheriff, and BLM Rangers patrol the area to encourage safe use by visitors.

Camping is permitted on the lakebed, but no more than 100 feet from the edge. This keeps the smooth center section of the lakebed clear for night riders.

Permit prices:

Each vehicle driven into the area will be required to have a special recreation permit. A separate permit is NOT required for any vehicles towed into the area. However, if a towed vehicle is later driven in or out of the area a permit will be required.

The permits are:
$15 for a one day permit, valid from dawn to dusk
$30 for a weekly permit, valid for 7 days
$90 for an annual permit, valid from October 1, 2008 - September 30, 2009
Old 03-30-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

haha smokin i like the pic of the little twister, i road threw one of those it was fun!
Old 03-30-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Regular

mirage is cool u can do alot of racing there top speed on your bike theres little trails its fun u will like it if u go out to the edges were the trails are at
Old 03-30-2008, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

so we can take our dumdumdumdum and top em out there
Old 03-30-2008, 04:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy

Hey compa why didn't u invite......if we can't race on the street i could race u at the DRY LAKE BED.....i have a Quad...250Rtwo stroke....next time 4sho i would try and keep up..........lol...