Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Piece of shit Slp strut tower cracked again

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I'm glad you guys caught that b/c I can't make a joke of my own quote, that would be blasphemy!

But you gotta take it one step further, mention to use Selsun Blue or Head and Shoulders for the under-ball dandruff.

Back on topic, I empathize with the junky b/c when you buy a part like this, you expect it to be nice looking, or at least not look so cheaply made that the paint flakes off. For example I showed my BMR one, not a flake and the paint has held up for the years I've had, the years the previous owner had it, and multiple bolt ons/off. The only paint missing is under the nut so it's not visible.

It comes down to spending good money and wanting to get quality in return, and not settling for less.

thank you, im glad you can see my point, some people may never notice, but if i settle to drive around a car thats less than perfect as my own i might as well stop working on them and drive a mustang. im a perfectionist when it comes to everything especially my car.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Launching!

My point is "pick your battles"... It's a chip. You CAN use touch up paint. I'm a perfectionist to the point of paralysis at times, but I've learned that as projects get bigger and life goes on, sweating the small stuff is just a waste of time and energy. I've got a Black car and I like for things to look nice, but the reality is that when you make the decision to run single digits, you commit to more time under the hood... Time under the hood=nicks and scratches... I've got projects including a : wife, family, house, car, truck, boat, sportbike, dirt bike, etc, etc, etc... If I was worried about even ONE of them being perfect, I wouldn't have time to enjoy ANY of them like I do. That's ALLLLLLLLLL I'm sayin.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

i hear ya, i ended up just sanding and painting.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
thank you, im glad you can see my point, some people may never notice, but if i settle to drive around a car thats less than perfect as my own i might as well stop working on them and drive a mustang. im a perfectionist when it comes to everything especially my car.

There is nothing wrong with being a picky when it comes to appearance. After all, a lot of us enthusiast spend a good time and money making what’s under the hood look clean. Heck, we have business that specialize in appearance enhances for the engine bay and surrounding components. (See Specialize Stainless)

I didn’t encounter any flaking issues with my relatively cheap STB. However, I did realize using a washer could have prevented any little paint removal around the bolt-up areas.

Call me crazy but I found the strut tower brace effective.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

i too found it to make the front more sure footed but actual track times have proven then to be non beneficial.

and to be clear i used the washers on the first stb, see pics on page 1. then on this one followed the directions more closely and placed them over the studs and then torqued down the nuts
Old 04-01-2008, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just buy UMI everything and you will be fine. And stop saying "you-me" it's U-M-I lol
Old 04-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i need it to return my car to stock, that is why i bought it

What ?!?! Just because SLP sold them I never saw it as an ordering option from the factory... You bought it brand new from the dealer with a factory installed STB??? I've never heard of that... Doesn't make it false, just saying I've been around for awhile and never heard of that.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when i bought the car the previous owner told me the car came with that strut tower brace stock, he said he removed it for his cousin or something, not letting that be the deal breaker i just let it go, well i belived that the car came with one all the way up to about 5 minutes ago when i just got off the phone with joey at slp, he told me no car he knew of came with a stb as an option, oh well i already bought it..

he also told me there is a bad batch of these and i just happen to get 2, i decided not to wait and go ahead and grab a 12 pack of beer, sand the **** down and repaint it with some semi flat paint.

Ok, I am not crazy... You are for believing the BS in the first place

Old 04-01-2008, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Old 04-01-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

mine is holding up just fine .. !! =) after two years cant count how many times its been off and just clean it up look good as new lol
Old 04-01-2008, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Ok, I am not crazy... You are for believing the BS in the first place

not crazy just misinformed, its not crazy to think some cars could have come with it, and if the previous owner said the car came with it when he bought it new who the hell knows?

ill be the first one to say i made a mistake, comes with everything in life, honestly what bs? seemed very logical to me, and still does, i dont know why slp would go thru the trouble of replacing springs and shocks, why wouldnt they put an stb in?

anyhow my mistake, call me crazy i dont care.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by flash12t
mine is holding up just fine .. !! =) after two years cant count how many times its been off and just clean it up look good as new lol
yeah he said there was a bad batch or something, i told him id paint it myself and not to worry,
Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 87Pomona
Crazy Nikka!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think the junky found a stalker. Errrr a stalker found the junky.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Banned

my stb attracts alot of people when i pop my hood! now if we had a adjustable stb that would be overall better!
Old 04-02-2008, 02:10 AM
TECH Veteran

its also useful to lift the body off of the K member when dropping the engine/trans for rebuild.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

i too found it to make the front more sure footed but actual track times have proven then to be non beneficial.
Good for bracing your GF on.... or you can balance your beer on it!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wabmorgan
Good for bracing your GF on.... or you can balance your beer on it!!!!!!!
now thats a good use for it, will hand cuffs scratch the powder coating?

Quick Reply: Piece of shit Slp strut tower cracked again