Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Insane amount of pics from LA INVASION 2008...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mark,

You have to remember that when you have 2 stunning cars of that show quality and you have to make a decision that it gets right down to the minut details. Luis has a beautiful car no doubt, made the cover of Camaro Performers, so the judges had to find something to put one or the other on top.

Stay tuned to the Website, I will be posting new pages this weekend with plenty of pics Video etc... (I need to recoup, still a hectic week ahead)

I have pics of the winning show cars. I did not get pics of the Bracket racing trophy presentation.

Please send me what you have if you would like to have it added to the website. (6ltr I will lift a few if thats cool?)

Cheers
Old 05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroker396
Hey Mark,

You have to remember that when you have 2 stunning cars of that show quality and you have to make a decision that it gets right down to the minut details. Luis has a beautiful car no doubt, made the cover of Camaro Performers, so the judges had to find something to put one or the other on top.

Stay tuned to the Website, I will be posting new pages this weekend with plenty of pics Video etc... (I need to recoup, still a hectic week ahead)

I have pics of the winning show cars. I did not get pics of the Bracket racing trophy presentation.

Please send me what you have if you would like to have it added to the website. (6ltr I will lift a few if thats cool?)

Cheers
Hey Mark, lift all you want SOM has a great car but I just feel there was bigger overall stuff that legitimately edged the winner out The SLP emblem on the SFC's screamed detail to me

Anyways, my comment was more about what I have seen a lot at other shows where a basically stock low mile show room car only has every bling item you can buy thrown at the engine bay and wins beating out some really cool car that is just as modded but doesn't scream "look at me I am modded"...
Old 05-27-2008, 05:39 PM
FormerVendor

I hear ya.

For me I think the most impressive cars are the factory restorations and the older the car the more impressive it is. The details that go into making those cars correct is insane.

I love seeing show cars with big 6-71 blowers and such but when I find out they never get used and are just for looks I am deeply disappointed.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Banned

^^
Old 05-27-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Hey Mark, lift all you want SOM has a great car but I just feel there was bigger overall stuff that legitimately edged the winner out The SLP emblem on the SFC's screamed detail to me

Anyways, my comment was more about what I have seen a lot at other shows where a basically stock low mile show room car only has every bling item you can buy thrown at the engine bay and wins beating out some really cool car that is just as modded but doesn't scream "look at me I am modded"...

I hear what you're saying. IMO My car has bling and tastefull mods.all the paint in my car is evenly matched up in color, rather tan having 4 diff. colors all around and a bit more original. If you really take a look around the car its not just my engine bay that's moded. the body is in a stockish SS form touched with with a few minor mods like a grill nice exhaust and so on along with interior mods. My goal was to have a SS that looked liked it was factory upgraded if you know what i mean. I didnt want to go with a diff. hood,spoiler,bodykit...know what I mean?
I do have to give props to your ride. It deffinatley screams retro. You really cant complain about bling at a car show,beacuse it is a "carshow" which means show off what you got.

Last edited by 01SOMSS!; 05-27-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
I hear what you're saying. IMO My car has bling and tastefull mods.all the paint in my car is evenly matched up in color, rather tan having 4 diff. colors all around and a bit more original. If you really take a look around the car its not just my engine bay that's moded. the body is in a stockish SS form touched with with a few minor mods like a grill nice exhaust and so on along with interior mods. My goal was to have a SS that looked liked it was factory upgraded if you know what i mean. I didnt want to go with a diff. hood,spoiler,bodykit...know what I mean?
I do have to give props to your ride. It deffinatley screams retro. You really cant complain about bling at a car show,beacuse it is a "carshow" which means show off what you got.

Your bling carries over to the exterior though and is tasteful...
Old 05-27-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Your bling carries over to the exterior though and is tasteful...
bling,bling every time I come around your city Bling,bling
Old 05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Launching!

more pics:
http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p...ion/?start=all
Old 05-29-2008, 12:21 AM
FormerVendor

There it is, I knew I could count on someone (happens to be Big Deezs) to get a pic of BBB, unforunately it looks like a ***** without the sun and little blurry. But first pics I have seen.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice Pics Mark,

Got all 3 of my rides here
But how did Black Beauty not get some love for the new paint job?
which wheels does this one have??
Old 05-29-2008, 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Mark,

Cheers
Mark, so based on this it sounds like my car wasnt 2nd, although thats what you said the other day. doesnt matter to me, i did well at racing, and I had a great time at both.

I havnt seen 1 picture of my car from the show, and this is why i said that we shouldnt do racing and show same day. I was at the racing during the heart of the day, so not many people saw my car at the show, and by the time i got it to the show, it still had the numbers on it and the slicks.

I guess I should have picked one or the other, but when i signed up it wasnt clear yet that it would be at the same time.

oh well i got a couple of good racing pics of the car, BTW none of these were taken by me, my sorry *** forgot my camera at home.

^ notice the ET streets and the camaro fill ins.

Last edited by fast01z28; 05-29-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
which wheels does this one have??
Look like C6 rims to me.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

What broke on that chicks T/A w the pink highlights ? I remember she didn't even have reverse and needed to be pushed backwards off the track.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Danger731
What broke on that chicks T/A w the pink highlights ? I remember she didn't even have reverse and needed to be pushed backwards off the track.
I think someone said driveshaft
Old 05-29-2008, 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

Hey Dave,

Yep Inaugural event live and learn. We will make adjustments for next year.
I only talked to the judges breifly and my brain was like that egg in the frying pan on drugs by that point in the day. Your ride is nice and I must have got confused which one they quickly pointed out as the runner up. I should have known though, before the show even started I knew Luis would be in the running for top honors.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Dave,

I only talked to the judges breifly and my brain was like that egg in the frying pan on drugs by that point in the day. Your ride is nice and I must have got confused which one they quickly pointed out as the runner up. I should have known though, before the show even started I knew Luis would be in the running for top honors.
Its cool, we all had mush for brains by then. it was a very long weekend.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave,

so whens the next LA INVASION!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Teching In

omg.... its like ****!!@!!!!

to me at least.... awesome pics!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by eddielb
I think someone said driveshaft
i thought she said it was a combination of her diff trashing it self and her rear passanger caliper siezing up but im not sure, either way that car wasnt drivin home
Old 05-29-2008, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dayum sucks.

That was a long day . Was there at 930 left at 5 pm

Quick Reply: Insane amount of pics from LA INVASION 2008...