Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Is It Illegal for Performance Shops to Perform work on our Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good thing muffler shops around here are cool...
Old 06-09-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good thing i dont live in CA!

Here as long as your not throwing codes (OBDII)... your good. A quick visual under the car, to make sure your not smoking... and thats it. LT's -> true duals w/out cats passed with flying colors. No EGR no AIR.

Last edited by xxrillixx; 06-09-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

http://images.magnaflow.com/05news/m.../catalytic.pdf

That's a PDF file on Magnaflow's website. Its on a ricer, but even if you double the difference for twice as many cylinders, its still a 2 horsepower difference between a straight pipe and a high-flow Magnaflow cat. And, the difference between a factory cat and a Magnaflow cat was 5 horsepower on that same 4-cylinder.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

It is and always will be about money. I am not sure about in Cal but in NC they give a breakdown of where the money for your inspections go. Less than .50 went to division of air quality, the rest of my 30.00 went to highway, ems, telecomunication, etc.

Here is the problem, locally our state is looking to put up more power plants, and open half a dozen landfields in the next ten years. So much for air quality.

If the government wants to clean up the air quality then figure out other ways for energy, and stop burning so much fuel. Its like our government says, "here is your electricity, transportation, heat, water, plastics, and tires; oh and by the way they are all made from fuel so we are going to regulate how and when you use them". Like we were left with a choice.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
every car that leaves my shop is a race vehicle..... customer sign that waiver when they take their car
There are two import shops in this area that got shut down. If you watch them drive the vehicle in, and drive out... or the vehicle is registered... that waiver is void.

Quick Reply: Is It Illegal for Performance Shops to Perform work on our Cars?