Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Cops now charging for gas used to catch you!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008 | 11:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike @ CMS
No they want people breaking the law to pay for the gas!! If they didnt have to drive around and catch people in the act then they wouldnt use the gas in the first place.

Sorry but this is BULLSHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no way in hell they are spending $12 worth of gas "chasing" people who run stop signs, speeders, etc...

Most of their gas goes to cruising around as opposed to staying in one place waiting for a call AND EVEN MORE SO DRIVING TO AND FROM WORK ON THE TAXPAYERS DIME AS THEY ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE THEIR CARS HOME...
Old 06-19-2008 | 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 06-20-2008 | 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Accepting applications to Americans Against Police (AAP).
Old 06-20-2008 | 12:25 AM
12 Second Club

^^ More like AAOP (Americans Against Oil Prices) lol
Old 06-20-2008 | 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Datzneat
lol put a bumper sticker of that on your car and you will be paying many $12 taxes for all of us
Old 06-20-2008 | 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hlaalu
lol put a bumper sticker of that on your car and you will be paying many $12 taxes for all of us
I prefer to tell them to f*ck off to their faces.
Old 06-20-2008 | 01:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Datzneat
I'm not retarded... I'm not against poilce and have a lot of respect for the majority who take up the job of protecting jack asses like ourselves. My family is law enforcement as well.

HOWEVER, I'm not cool with them "protecting us" from ourselves (tickets for seatbelts for example) and I'm sure as hell not cool with them becoming a system that simply milks the public out of money every chance they get...

EXAMPLE:

Problem: People are turning left when the light is red... because they have NO CHOICE since Cali is not too fond of f@cking LEFT TURN ARROWS.

Solution: Install left turn arrows... NOT!!!! Let's instead install cameras to catch them doing it, not to prevent them or give them a safe alternative but so we can make more money...

EXAMPLE:

Problem: Gas prices are high, less people drive, less income from tickets...

Solution: Without the voters' consent let's tack on an outrageous fuel charge to each ticket so Johnny Law doesn't have to stop driving his car home from work and save the tax payers' gas money...
Old 06-20-2008 | 01:01 AM
Banned

Oh....
Old 06-20-2008 | 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

or..................

make police drive hybrids!!!!

(yea, this is the second thread i've posted this picture in)
Old 06-20-2008 | 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I'm not retarded... I'm not against poilce and have a lot of respect for the majority who take up the job of protecting jack asses like ourselves. My family is law enforcement as well.

HOWEVER, I'm not cool with them "protecting us" from ourselves (tickets for seatbelts for example) and I'm sure as hell not cool with them becoming a system that simply milks the public out of money every chance they get...

EXAMPLE:

Problem: People are turning left when the light is red... because they have NO CHOICE since Cali is not too fond of f@cking LEFT TURN ARROWS.

Solution: Install left turn arrows... NOT!!!! Let's instead install cameras to catch them doing it, not to prevent them or give them a safe alternative but so we can make more money...

EXAMPLE:

Problem: Gas prices are high, less people drive, less income from tickets...

Solution: Without the voters' consent let's tack on an outrageous fuel charge to each ticket so Johnny Law doesn't have to stop driving his car home from work and save the tax payers' gas money...
Yea so much for democracy. I have similar views. Just don't like to use so many words.
Old 06-20-2008 | 01:35 AM
Banned

^^

Yeah, I left out all the instances of officers REALLY abusing power and judges backing them that some of our members are way too familiar with...
Old 06-20-2008 | 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

This won't last, it's just an experiment run amok.

If they want to take into consideration the price of fuel, they need to raise the fine. A tax/surcharge on a fine won't last long.

Usually a fuel surcharge is attached to a known rate. Like stated above, how do you prove $12 was used in gas to administer a ticket when you are already paid to administer said ticket?
Old 06-20-2008 | 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
This won't last, it's just an experiment run amok.

If they want to take into consideration the price of fuel, they need to raise the fine. A tax/surcharge on a fine won't last long.

Usually a fuel surcharge is attached to a known rate. Like stated above, how do you prove $12 was used in gas to administer a ticket when you are already paid to administer said ticket?
yea i agree. i mean it takes what, a 1/4 mile at the most to pull someone over? unless they are idiots and try to get away, then they have more than a $12 gas fee to worry about
Old 06-20-2008 | 10:41 AM
FormerVendor

How about the Tax traps (I mean speed traps) where officers just sit in one spot all day long where the posted speed limit is rediculously low and hand out tickets all day long (on motorcycles usually). 3-4 tickets and hour (easy) @ $12 a pop on top of the fine.

So 10 mph tickets over (from antiquated 70's gas saving speed limits tax increasing) enforced arbitrarily makes us (85% of the population) a threat to public safety.

And don't get me started on Polititians.

Let me just say this is BS, good thing its not in CA (yet)