Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Arizona Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder550
Well he was asking for opinions, and he got one. Lots of nutswingers in this thread, IMO. You're fighting an uphill battle Don't you dare try to be different!!!!
I was not doing any swinging of any kind... I think that many folks who have had good experiences with Nic's tuning services were speaking up in defense of rumors. In fact I was really eager to see if anyone else had solid information on other tuners around town.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Teching In

NICd For the WIn.... Had him do a tune on my GOAT and will be going back soon for another DYNO tune with the new mods. Stand up guy!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Have NIC tune it. I also don't think NIC care if your car is faster. I'm sure if he can make it faster than his that will bring more business to him. He's helped me many times. Yes we bumps heads in the beginning but thats old stupid **** and who cares.

Just have NIC tune it and also buy HP for your self so you can learn it as well.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

And if my tranny wasn't so fudge up I would hit the track and show you what his tune does on a wimpy engine. TH400 it shall be written
Old 07-03-2008, 12:54 AM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by 96AZHAWK
I was not doing any swinging of any kind... I think that many folks who have had good experiences with Nic's tuning services were speaking up in defense of rumors. In fact I was really eager to see if anyone else had solid information on other tuners around town.
Fair enough. If you're looking for more info on tuners also, send a PM to kbracing96...he works on his own and does all the tuning for Midway Chevrolet. He spends a lot of time on the vehicles he tunes, and has been doing all of his tuning either on the street or on a load bearing dyno. It's a full street tune, rather than just a WOT tune.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:30 AM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Fair enough. If you're looking for more info on tuners also, send a PM to kbracing96...he works on his own and does all the tuning for Midway Chevrolet. He spends a lot of time on the vehicles he tunes, and has been doing all of his tuning either on the street or on a load bearing dyno. It's a full street tune, rather than just a WOT tune.
Just throwing it on a dyno and doing WOT adjustments isn't a tune at all IMO. Most of the work is done off the dyno anyways.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:28 AM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by NicD
Just throwing it on a dyno and doing WOT adjustments isn't a tune at all IMO. Most of the work is done off the dyno anyways.
I agree 100%. A lot of people tune that way...I was saying that Kyle doesn't do that. The load bearing dyno he uses allows him to get through all of the cells on the VE/MAF/spark tables, not just the limited number of them that are hit when doing a WOT pull on the dyno or on the street.

Just out of curiosity, where do you do most of your tuning? I saw you do some tweaking at the AZDG dyno day and it was all WOT pulls, and I talked to someone who got a street tune from you and he said you ran it up and down the street once or twice and that was it.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:47 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Just out of curiosity, where do you do most of your tuning? I saw you do some tweaking at the AZDG dyno day and it was all WOT pulls, and I talked to someone who got a street tune from you and he said you ran it up and down the street once or twice and that was it.
I take personal customers to ADC but tune at about 5 different shops through the valley. Cars always go on the street before anything gets adjusted on the dyno. A full tune on a bolt on car only takes me about an hour and a half since they are not very far off and it's very easy. Of course some are futher off than others. Cammed, FI, etc all take longer and obviously vary. The tweaks I made on the AZDG dyno day were all previous customers that were there for small adjustments/checkups that I didn't charge for. I specifically don't tune cars on participating dyno days as I don't want to be rushed on somebody's car to make the schedule of a hectic dyno day.

I don't know who you talked to about me giving them a street tune and only going up and down the street once or twice but I do base tunes which are 5 minutes worth of work to make simple base adjustments for a whopping $75 or full tunes that include dyno time, there is no in between. I think this is how some of these rumors get started, people talk without getting the full story.

Last edited by NicD; 07-03-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:08 PM
High on diesel fumes

Gotcha, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NicD
Seriously though I would love to know who is saying some of this stuff because you are not the first person that I have heard those same things now. I would love to know who is spreading the rumors.

It's me. What now?
Old 07-04-2008, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

When I went looking for a Tuner I knew about Nic D. Before I got my newest Camaro I knew about Nic D.

I have to say I WISH Nic could tune my car but we already talked... I am stuck with a mail order or doing it myself which I have been working towards.

But I can assure you, when I finally take the plunge in maybe a yr or so to build my 383 LSx NicD will be who I go to for a tune no questions asked, no one else looked at. (Esp after what Dan posted because I have many friends who take their Mustangs to him, I already planned on talking to him as well).

But for my My OBDII LT4 will be tuned by which ever company seems to have the best answers to my questions and the best customer service... which so far I am not decided on either of the 3 I have found yet.

And on the note of 300, the only reason your getting crap is because you thought it was steep. As someone pointed out just to get the lic. to tune each car your looking at 100 each. So your saying that 300, for a full dyno tune is expensive/steep and others who paid 500 or more are surprised.
I have had ONE shop in Phx say they can tune my ODBII LT and they wanted 500 and that did not include extra dyno time... *Shrugs* I will probably pay it too if the shop checks out. Just as I would pay NicD 500 if he told me he would do it...
Old 07-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Restricted User

wow this is crazy i have known nic for almost 8 years now and he as always been a good honest guy. i will vouch for him which to most of you doesn't mean much but i have been in this scene a lot longer than most here. does great work is super cheap compared to everywhere else and know's what he is doing. i laughed my butt off at the comment some people think he won't tune a car to be faster than his.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

He did my car. Great experience, I'd recommend to anybody. He showed me how to clean my MAF because there was so much crap on it from the K & N air filter. Sarcastic?? I didn't see it, and I'm super critical of how people come across. Very good guy. I'm gonna put in a new cam real, real, real soon and I'll call him again!!. Always gotta look at the source when you get a negative opinion about somebody!
Old 07-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

I recently had a car of mine tuned by him that was already previously tuned, but was pinging like crazy. The compression was real high. He doesn't just tune the car, he goes through it and takes time to show you things and makes suggestions. Ive had him tune two different cars of mine and both were great and inexpensive
Old 07-05-2008, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

NIC even tried to get my tranny to work by doing some adjustments to make it shift right. He did it for free even though I offered to pay him. He will street tune it and it will work to your liking. Dyno tune and Street tune. can't beat that.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by juicdta
wow this is crazy i have known nic for almost 8 years now and he as always been a good honest guy. i will vouch for him which to most of you doesn't mean much but i have been in this scene a lot longer than most here. does great work is super cheap compared to everywhere else and know's what he is doing. i laughed my butt off at the comment some people think he won't tune a car to be faster than his.
If SOMEONE had a 8 second LSX car NIC would love to be all over that so I don't think he'd care about a faster car. I agree with you about some comments on here.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nic D tuned my car way back when i put an MS3, he was able to make it drive and run like its stock with that big of a cam. LS1 Life your a tool and a **** toker if you think he cant tune. Its proven, also where else are you going to go? Performance Solutions? Whack... and shady... they cant even build a ford lightning right...
Old 08-16-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

nic, sent you a email.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:35 PM
zjt
Staging Lane

Nic D, the only way to go
Old 08-23-2008, 03:51 PM
On The Tree